Aveda Clove conditioner

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 4/1/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Brunettes, rejoice!

I went from blonde ombré to an all over rich chocolate brown and I have been struggling with how to keep my color as long as I can in between appointments. What I love about the Clove conditioner is that it deposits a little bit of color back to my hair. I let it sit for a few minutes while I wash my face and body and rinse it out after. Now because it's a color depositing conditioner, I like to switch it up twice a week with a rich moisturizing conditioner, like Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner (I'll post a review soon!) so I can reap the benefits of repairing color damaged hair. Anyway, I dyed my hair about 6 weeks ago and the color still looks freshly done. Oh yeah - Clove smells amazing as all things Aveda smell sooooo good! As long as I'm a brunette, I'll be keeping this gem in my shower.

The only con is the price. $30+ for conditioner makes the wallet sad. Still, I gave it 5 lippies for performance.

on 2/20/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

It certainly colored my hair, and the color was beautiful. It also added some fantastic body. But over time it dried out my hair really bad (needed a trim after just a month).. But thats business as usual for a conditioner that contains silicone. I actually didnt even think to look at the ingredients (I can be lazy like that) because I thought for sure I could trust Aveda not to use cones. Big disappointment to learn later that I was so mistaken, but it taught me an important lesson: That no matter how expensive the product, or "natural" a company may purport itself to be it will still use shortcuts to make it seem more nourishing than it really is (silicones).
Another star off for fragrance. Aveda is not nearly as "organic-y" as they claim, and so why all the silly, and really bad "herbal" fragrances? There are plenty of wonderful smelling essential oils that ARE fully plant derived, but they choose to use frags that are like smelling dirt, purely for effect, I suspect. I respect anyone who likes Aveda frags. They just arent for me, but luckily I dont find them to be loud, but they do stay in your hair for a long time. Just imagine if they smelled like honey, or jasmine instead, though?
I may still purchase this one every once in a while in winter to give my hair a deeper brunette "glow", but I cant fool myself into thinking I could use this daily and still have healthy hair. Your hair my react better to silicones than mine does... My hair is extremely fine and it just cannot handle the intense eventual drying that occurs when using silicones regularly. Bummer.

on 2/17/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was a disappointing purchase, and very expensive for so little product. First off it does not cover greys. It does say on the bottle not suitable for grey or blonde hair, but after reading so many reviews that said it blended away greys, I wanted to try it out as I'm fed up with expensive salon visits and my greys are starting to be more noticeable after only a couple of weeks. I have light brown hair which I dye a darker shade of brown and I purchased the clove conditioner for it's colour enriching properties (I also bought the clove shampoo). The first time I used it I left it on for about 5 mins, washed off and saw zero difference. So the second time I made sure I applied it carefully - with gloves, as it can easily stain hands - and thoroughly covering my re-growth, massaging it in, then combing it through to the ends. I left it on for 30mins in total. After rinsing and drying I found it had enrichened the coloured ends of my hair - it was noticeably darker and looked like I had the colour refreshed at the salon, almost. But I could see straight away that the roots were the same as before the application. So disappointing! Don't waste your money on this if you are hoping to hide your roots. As a conditioner it is useless as I had to apply my regular conditioner after using the clove conditioner since it is quite drying and left my hair tangled.

on 12/8/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner was truely awful for my coloured medium brown hair. I left it on for around 5 mins as suggested on the back of the tube, thinking it would be a good way to keep my hair coloured without the need to resort to dyes. Well sadly it didnt work out for me! It left my hair sooooo dry, matted and frizzy! I had to condition my hair like crazy afterwards to try and restore it back to normality. It did deposit some colour, but it wasnt very nice, much like an ashy dull brown (my hair is quite a warm golden brown) and I couldnt wait for it to wash out! This is my only experience with the Aveda brand so I cant comment on the rest of their ranges, but after this I dont think i will be trying anything else considering the expense!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this when I went through a "I hate being a red head" phase in freshman year and I convinced my parents to let me dye my hair brown. Since then I have grown to love my fiery hair, but when I did dye it my mom bought me some good products so I would not burn all of it off. I noticed when I use this conditioner my hair was better...like it had subtle highlight and was very healthy. I could go longer with out getting split ends and needing to go for trim.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very excellent conditioner for colored and natural brunettes alike. It really does help to preserve color and deposits some color as well. For that reason though you do need to be careful and wash your hands immediately applying it as it can stain skin and lighter nail colors as well as leaving a stain on the shower floor.

I saw amazing results with this conditioner, my hair was so shiny, soft and manageable. It's a light conditioner though so I think it wouldn't work quite as well for those with a drier type hair.

As much as I loved it I won;t be repurchasing as I am no longer brunette (I've gone blonde) however I would highly recommend it!!

on 8/17/2013 3:15:00 AM

I have black, asian hair that's lightened to a level 5 ash brown hair. I've gotten some serious brassiness going on in my hair and picked this up hoping that the color would deposit and cover up my brassy tones. It didn't...at all. Literally no color deposited on my hair, even when used on clarified hair. It left my hair very dry as well. Definitely a disappointment.

on 3/13/2013 1:41:00 PM

I have natural, uncolored light brown hair and I didn't notice a difference in my hair color at all, even after using this every day for a week. The smell is strong, but not unpleasant and the consistency is pretty thick. It's not so great as a conditioner, I have more split ends in my hair than ever. I'm kind of bummed because I bought this and the madder root color conditioners and neither made a noticeable impact on my hair at all.

on 9/27/2012 9:39:00 AM

This is the only "colour" conditioner I've tried that really works. I get my hair coloured about every 6 weeks and the colour fades badly between colouring, but using this conditioner about once a week keeps the colour rich. You have to use it carefully because it will stain grout and sealant if not rinsed off quickly, and it definitely discolours towels. I use a richer conditioner on my ends before applying this product, as it is only average at conditioning, but the colour effect is excellent.

on 9/8/2012 8:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is amazing! Tones down brassiness and brings out brunette tones. Only used this once so it can only get better. I read about it staining hands and towels. Not true. Didn't happen. Put IT in the palm of your hand and on your hair. Great stuff and remember you get what you pay for!