July 29, 2014 | 2083 users online

Fragrances - Diptyque - Jardin Clos

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Maybe it's a chemistry thing: On me this was vile. I don't know what happened, but there were very marked dirty ashtray notes under the fresh bright flowers. Had to scrub. For reference, orientals often have this overflowing ashtray smell on me, so perhaps the base mix is more oriental than first appears. Still, was a total failure on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read all these bad reviews and was like waaaa? I LOVE this perfume! I have to admit, you first put it on and its a bit like what is this.. but then it develops and uhh its so lovely! I get a bunch of compliments every time I wear this. Will continue to buy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by QueenRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general I am more of a gourmand than floral type of a person. I adore certain florals though, that includes rooty irises, cold violets or heavenly orange blossoms. I do enjoy certain florals, what I am definitely NOT though is a romantic-garden-floral type of a girl. If I like a floral it better be my favorite blossom and a soliflore and definitely not a romantic floral bouquet. Great example? Chelsea's Flowers. What a beautiful floral and SO not me. Or Penhaligon's Victorian Possy and many others, so well done, so not me. End of story. So what is it, what is it about Jardin Clos that if I had a tub full of it, I'd bathe in it all day long. It's the most "garden-yish" floral I ever smelled. I'm absolutely smitten by Jardin Clos. It's because this is the ONE floral fragrance for me that when I smell it, I see that beautiful forbidden and forgotten garden. I close my eyes and the images almost come to a reality. I don't only smell this fragrance, I feel it, I love it, I live it. I can see myself spending a whole early morning in a real forbidden garden, I can see wild hyacinths, I can smell them. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I can hear the bees buzzing in the trees and bushes. I just get the whole, real picture of a real garden when I smell Jardin Clos. I've smelled so many other perfumes marketed as "the garden" ones, and what? Mostly they are just florals, bland florals, well-blended florals, sweet florals but always just floral scents - nothing more, nothing less. The only thing these common "florals" share with a real garden is the fact that both are about flowers, right? But definitely not the whole "feel" of a garden as I get from Jardin Clos. I won't even discuss any specific notes in Jardin Clos, because that does not matter at this point. Some people may think just because they are not crazy about floral fragrances, this might not be for them. I was the same way, the thing is, Jardin Clos is just so different from everything else I smelled, I would recommend anyone give it a try. I guess the only thing I can mention is that the watermelon note is actually present, but not in the "Un Jardin Apres La Mousson-fruit salad-y" way but it just gives the hyacinth some uplifting sweetness that attracts all of them bees and myself to this beautiful fragrance:)) Un Jardin Clos is not another garden perfume, it's THE garden perfume. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Fantomia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not for me, but I reccomend it for those who like L'Eau D'Issey Ė they donít have the same notes listed, carnation is mention of others as the strong opening in Issey Miyakes L'Eau, while the similar shocking blast in this could be made of the Hyacinth (I donít like the smell of this flower, but I donít know it well in perfume).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by May_Lee

I got this as a sample a long time ago and as soon as i smelled it, i had to have it! I really really love the smell of this perfume and i just can't stop smelling myself when i wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by veruska

oh my!i'm really alone here!i got jardin clos as a gift from a dear friend after her easter trip to france and i have to say that it was love at first sniff.it's a very different floral to me.it starts very fresh and green ,a soft and very ethereal lilac with the addition of almost alive stems and leaves.when it settles down smells of a very true hyacinth scent.the name it's very true cause i happen to live in a town with an old venetian castle, and when i stroll through it the flowers that spill from the walls and the old yards have this simiral (some call it stale)nature.this is a seriously distinctive smell that evokes a slightly melancholic mood.but the most incredible thing it's the staying power for such a fresh fragrance.almost 4 hours of bliss

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2005 2:00:00 AM More reviews by jlea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I don't own this but I've sampled it quite a few times. It's sweet and wet and a fairly conventional , but realistic floral bouquet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I could have sworn that I had written a review for this, back in the dayÖbut for some reason I canít find it in my reviews. So pardon if you see two reviews from me on this one!

As mommyofcutie writes below, this immediately reminded me of Issey Miyakeís signature perfume. Although I must admit that I am not the biggest fan of aquatic florals, this one is particularly offensive to my nose for itís cloying sweet blend of too-ripe flowers. Which is a shame, because the description sounded so promising! I must also add that you need to scroll down and read baybeís review Ė Iím still giggling over it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Maller

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In that lovely, poetic description of the Devonshire cottage given on Diptyque's site which Mayra includes in her review of this below the one thing they failed to mention was who the resident of that cottage was. I'm fairly certain it was Calvin Klein and this is their version of his Eternity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by daruma

I normally really dislike white florals but I thought this was quite lovely - probably because of the watery and green notes that a number of people have mentioned. I'm not getting any rotting vegetation whatsoever. It's missing a lippy though because there is quite a lot of seringa, possibly just a bit too much for me. In fact it's quite similar to Floris Seringa