The Body Shop Lip Butter - Shea

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Shea Butter, Castor Seed Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Beeswax, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Flavor, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake

on 2/22/2015 2:18:00 PM

Love love love these! They are like mini body butters but for your lips only, very soothing and nourishing for your lips. Especially if you suffer from dry or chapped skin on your lips - using this over-night will do its magic!

I do love this product in a variety of different scents, also Chocolate and Strawberry.

If you need more thoughts on this product as well as other good products from the Body Shop, feel free to check this blog post below:

on 11/6/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

The point I like the most about the product is the smell! The smell is... delicious!!! I used it before I applied my lipstick and during the night. It is not work overnight. I have to use it everyday and night to really feel the good effect. One little touch could last the whole day.
The packaging is good enough for me. It looks small but actually contains a lot of the product itself. I haven't repurchase it since it lasts long (8 months and still halfway to go). I'm afraid it is expired before I had a chance to finish it.

Repurchase is a must for me!

on 7/22/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is a product that makes me go meh. I would apply this every night hoping to moisturize my lips. My lips aren't dry or chapped, but I figured this product would help soften them up for the next morning. It doesn't do that. It just seems to sit on the lips and doesn't sink in to soften them. The pros are that the smell is quite pleasant and the small container should last you quite a long time. I've had luck with other body shop lip butters, so I'd avoid purchasing this again in hopes of finding others that work for me.

on 3/1/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not feeling this at all. I ran out of Burts Bees and got this for free, so figured I'd give it a shot. Like the rest of the Body Shop lineup, this is marketed as a natural line, but a close look at ingredients will tell you otherwise. On top of that, it doesn't work. It left my lips irritated and dry. It left a white sheen/film on my lips. The packaging is a small pot, and I prefer balm sticks. The smell seems artificial and actually makes my face feel hot when I smell it. It seems to really irritate my sensitive skin. I'm going to try it a foot cream or cuticle balm. If that doesn't work I'll just throw it away.

on 2/20/2014 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am pretty completely in love with the Shea butter line from The Body Shop. I have two of the regular sized body butters and one of the large tubs in different rooms of my house, I have the body scrub, the shower cream, the body spray and a travel body butter for my purse. I got this on a trip to Ulta and I think it was about $3. My favorite lip balm is Dior Creme de Rose and I doubt that anything will ever change that. I use this primarily before putting on lipstick because it's got a thin texture that makes it easy to apply something over and it gives just enough moisture to help my chronically dry lips get along with lipstick better. The texture is really fantastic and, though it does leave a slight white caste on the lips, I cover it up so that doesn't bother me. I really enjoy this as more of a lip primer than a balm. It's well worth the couple of bucks.

on 2/18/2014 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

While I like this lip butter for it's moisturizing and soft result, there are a couple of factors that drag down the final score for me.

First of all, I don't like this kind of packaging for lip products. I find them to be very unsanitary and impractical, since the product gets caught under my nails.

Secondly, it leaves a white coat on my lips, even if I just apply a thin layer. That leaves out day use for me, since I don't want to walk around with white lips.

It is however, lovely to use at night. I apply a rather thick layer to my lips before I go to bed and wake up with wonderfully soft lips in the morning. It's been doing wonder for my chapped lips this Winter.

So all in all, I would probably still re-purchase, since I've gotten quite used to having it on my night stand.

on 2/9/2014 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really kind of disappointed with this product. I'd use it before I put my makeup on to soften up my lips and get them ready for lipstick, but I feel like it didn't do that great of a job moisturizing and it accentuated lip flakes. It gave me lip flakes I didn't even know I had! Now I use it strictly before bed. Don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 12/28/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm. It's not great. A few years ago I used every last scrap of the Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter and really liked it. I remember it had a delicious scent and was creamy and moisturising. This one however doesn't match up. It feels thinner and I need to apply quite a lot before I get the moisture I need, and by that point it's looking very white and milky!

Eh. I'll use it up before bed I suppose. I wouldn't buy again.

Like other reviews, this product leaves an unattractive white cast on the lips. The scent smells amazing but a foul taste lingers into my mouth when I wear this, one of the main reasons why I don't like this.

I do like the formula and how slick this feels, and I'm interested in trying a different scent, but the shea butter scent DOES NOT work for me.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

People seem to be really harsh towards this product but I suppose it depends on what you want from it and when you use it.
I have a few of the other lip butters and loved them for years and I got this one as like an intensive night 'treatment' for my lips, I put a good deal on at night, sometimes a few times because I love the feel of it so much, and leave it. It is sticky for a while but it's not unpleasant and it has completely cleared up any dryness in my lips which is something I do have issues with. However as other people have said it is very white on the lips and therefore not really something to be applying absent mindedly throughout the day - I recommend people make this a nightly thing, worked for me.

Popular Lip Treatments