MAC Pigment in Vanilla

4.7

on 6/5/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a major staple in my arsenal. Although it's extremely universal, I mainly use this mixed into my foundation during the winter months or when I am not tan (I am NC30 normally/sans tan). It gives the best glow to skin and is incredibly subtle - this just makes the skin look vibrant and healthy.

I don't use this as a highlighter on its own bc I prefer more golden highlights, however, I imagine this would be a superb highlighter for paler shades. And for darker skintones I bet this would be a great brow-bone/under the brow shade.

Don't be fooled or put off by how glittery this appears in the jar - it doesn't apply that way (provided one is not heavy handed with it). While it may seem expensive ($21.00), the amount you get will take YEARS to use up so its definitely a value for the price.

on 5/12/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Okay, so I was a little hesitant to buy this product as at 17 ($26.50 USD), I found it a little pricey for just a nail varnish-sized pot of what appeared to be just glitter. But after seeing many people rave about this product for years I FINALLY decided to give it a go..

I can honestly say this is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE make up products. I am soooo obsessed with it!!

Firstly, I've only used it a few times but have used it on top of a golden/bronze smokey eye look and it just added a gorgeous hint of sparkle to the matte shadows!! It has the smoothest application and has an almost satin finish. It can lightly be dusted on for a subtle touch or can be applied using a wet eyeshadow brush if you wanted a more glamorous and prominent shimmer effect, meaning this is product is perfect for both day and night wear. I wouldn't recommend using the pigment without a base as it is quite sheer and won't show up amazingly, although using a white eye primer or white shadow stick would work well if you wanted that sort of look.

I also use this as a highlighter, and it does the most amazing job!!! As it worked so well on my lids I was unsure and a little wary as to whether the product would work as well as a highlighter - I didn't want to look glittery and as if the pigment had just dropped onto my cheeks from my eyes!! But no, I really couldn't be more wrong! I apply it to my cupids bow, brow bone and my chin, then just dab the smallest amount onto my cheeks and blend using my finger, then buff using a brush. I guess if you wanted a more solid application you could mix with a little body oil of some sort, whichever works best for you.

Do not be put off by the glitteryness and whiteness of the bottle, it doesn't show up that colour when applied. It's almost clear with a sheer satin finish when applied, not glittery at all! This is a little obvious but as it is a pigment, it is extremely fine and powdery so just be careful when applying - a little goes a looooong way!! I can honestly see myself having this product for years as you get so much in such a small pot, and you only need the tiniest amount. What I love about it is that this particular pigment can go over any colour shadow, as it doesn't show up white at all but just just adds a shimmery effect to any colour.

The ONLY (and I mean only!!) con I can think of to this product is the packaging. Overall I like the look of the packaging - as I said it's a nail varnish-sized glossy plastic pot with a matte finish lid, classing MAC.. sleek and sophisticated. The pot comes with a little plastic lid/protector inside the product, which is good as it stops the loose powdery pigment spilling out. Although, I find that this can sometimes be a little stiff, meaning once you pull it off with force the product will spill out everywhere, not what you want when you've spend 17 on such a small product! But this is being said, this is easily avoided by just being extra careful when opening the product. Like I said, I really am nit-picking here as the product is literally amazing!

If you are at all hesitant about the MAC pigments in general, go for Vanilla! It was my first shade and it works SO well with so many different uses, I will 100% be buying more of them! You will not regret this purchase at all.

on 4/25/2015 1:19:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE
This colour is perfect for highlighting.
I use this mainly for under the brow bone and the corners of my eye.
It can be VERY messy....the packaging doesn't really help so be careful when you're using it.
The pot is small, but I've had it for months now and the product is still right up to the top, pretty sure this will last ages!

MUST HAVE FOR YOUR MAKE-UP BAG

on 11/19/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Don't love the tall bottle packaging, a pot with a sifter would be much better/safer.
Love the product. Lovely colors! Many uses, my favorites are as a shadow, either alone or layered with UD Sin, mixed with body oil for a nice glow around chest/neck/shoulders, or as a highlighter.
Buttery application and as far as powder shadows go, it barely accentuates tiny lines in my lids, I was pleasantly surprised. Good staying power, although on lids I'd recommend a base of some sort. As a highlight for nighttime it's awesome. In daylight the shimmer particles are apparent.

This bottle should last just about forever, so for $20 the price didn't bother me.

Don't be off put by the whiteness of the product in the bottle. It applies a completely different color/hue.

on 9/30/2014 2:52:00 AM

Mac Vanilla pigment is the first pigment I bought when I first started using mac cosmetics. This is one of my favorites that anyone can use for an everyday look. Pigments are my obsession and this one started it all:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you buy one MAC pigment, let it be Vanilla. You will not regret. There are so many uses for it. My favorite is simply across the lid, though, with other beautiful shades whether it be Satin Taupe or Soft Brown or anything else in the crease, etc. I swear by this pigment.

on 8/13/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful product. I have very fair skin, and this makes for a nice wash on the lid for a natural, cleaned up, look. It's got some slight shimmer to it, not totally matte, but I'd say it's more of a satin finish. It's darker than Vanilla eye shadow.

on 6/8/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Im on my second jar in 10 years. I can always find it for cheaper at my local CCO. I use it everyday as a brow bone highlight and for my cupids bow :) The trick is to put it in a smaller jar so IF you spill, its not such a big deal. Pigments can be messy so i don't normally use them except this one, the shade is amazing and i haven't been able to find anything thats in a pressed pot quite like it. So until then i will deff keep repurchasing!

on 6/8/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Last forever. Smooth application

on 5/26/2014 11:02:00 PM

The only thing i can add to all these great reviews is if you are thinking to buy Vanilla pigment DONT HESITATE buy it its so beautiful! I wanted this pigment for more than a year but wasn't sure i need it and plus 22$ seemed a lot. I'm so glad i finally bought it and yes i needed it!

Popular Eye Shadows