Mavala MAVAPEN Nutritive oil for cuticles

3.4

on 10/19/2012 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

as far as i can tell, this pen can be used to dispense cuticle oil and to push back cuticles - unfortunately it doesn't do either particularly well.

there are much easier ways of applying cuticle oil. i found i had to push really hard on the 'felt tip' to get the meanest amount of oil to dispense. it's not worth the time and effort involved, when you can just apply a drop of oil with a brush.

i also found the pen tip too soft to push back cuticles effectively. i could imagine if you use this pen as a hoof stick, you would break down the tip before you used up the oil. plus it makes a horrible squeaky noise against my nails which sets my teeth on edge ;-)

this one is not a keeper. i'll stick to my very favourite cnd solar oil instead.

on 7/25/2012 2:22:00 PM

I carry this on me everywhere. My cuticles are quite dry and need moisturizing frequently, so the pen format of this oil is ideal. I would definitely repurchase but my first one has lasted me for over a year already.

on 10/8/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I couldn't get the oil to dispense from the pen, so I returned it.

on 10/31/2004 6:11:00 AM

It is handy for personal use. The oil will soften your nailbands at the same time as youre pushing them up. You dont need those orangewoodsticks at all. However I dont think this is nutritive and rich enough. At least I will also need a richer and more nutritive cuticle cream to hold my cuticles in good condition but then again I live in Scandinavia where we have cold and dry winter.

on 3/24/2003 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my most favourite products! It is a felt pen (looks like a Magic Marker!) with a slanted tip that one is supposed to apply to the nail contour. It's a quick, non-messy way to keep the nail bed soft and neat.
What I like to do is use it to push back my cuticles after I've been in the shower or bath. The felt tip is sturdy enough for this and it works like a charm.
This is the only product that I have ever stockpiled!

MAVALA says: vitamins E and F will soften skin and will gently loosen overgrown cuticles from nail surface

me: *extremely* dry, sensitive skin