November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Scrubs - Phytomer - Purifying Gommage Exfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's pretty good, and cleanses really well, but the price is a little ouch! i use it twice a week and i do like how it doesn't make my skin look red afterwards, and it does leave my skin quite smooth afterwards, but i wouldn't say it was better then any other scubs/cleansers i've tried. after i've used up the the tube i doubt i'll repurchase it, i'll go back to using my bootanics skin brightening scrub and montagne jeunesse masks, they do just as good a job as this scub and cost (combined) a quater of the price.
don't get me wrong i'm not saying it doesn't work cos it does, very well in fact, it's just that at the price it is there is other stuff that works just as well for a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by catspek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's crazy how good this product is. I hadn't even planned on buying it, I planned on buying only the Vegetal exfoliant (which I adore). When both came in the mail I decided to try this first, since it had been an impulse buy, and it'd been a while since I'd exfoliated and I knew this would be 'harsher' than the Vegetal. O...m...g this exfoliator is ridiculously effective and yet GENTLE. Typical of Phytomer in that way. I learned from reviews on the site where I bought it that the best method is to smear a thin amount over your face, then let it sit for a good minute or two until it's tacky, but not dried. Then gently rub your face in circles...gently....gently....around and around, for another good minute. Within a minute the mask starts to roll off your face, so just keep rubbing in a circular motion around your entire face. Eventually 90% has rolled off and your skin is insanely supple and soft. Finish by splashing cool water and voila! You've had a facial at home. The scent is lovely, simple marine with no florals or fruits (yay!). This is now my #1 favorite exfoliator. #2 is the Phytomer Vegetal, which has no manual exfoliators in it, only enzymatic. BTW, my skin tends to me somewhat reactive and this doesn't bother it in the least. In fact, it soothes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ABC22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great product leaves your skin soft and touchable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by kcaraballos

LOVE IT! AFTER USING THIS PRODUCT MY ACNE SWOLLEN DOWN....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alishabweinberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really amazing and fun to use. it feels sort of tingly right before you have to rub it off. My skin felt lovely afterward like I had been to the spa.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I discovered Phytomer from my facialist. She said she prefers European skincare, cos it's less harsh and chemicals than the rest. I love this scrubs, it's different method from all regular scrubs that I've tried. It's best to just leave it on your face for about 7 mins or 10 mins the most. Otherwise it will get too dry and hard to scrub in some spots. Love the slight marine cooling feeling and yeah baby bum skin afterwards. I'm going to convert all my skincare to this brand once I finish mine. My next purchase would be the Lift contour lips and eyes, the mask and cleanser :))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by yintsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just purchased this based on the reviews and I think this has to be my favourite exfoliant so far. The smell isn't too strong, the texture is fluid enough to be spread but not too watery and I love the way my face feels after I rub it off. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth and it removes surface white and blackheads. You will need to remove the more embedded ones professionally though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best scrub ever! It was used on me during a spa treatment so I decided to try it and it was 30% off. I can't believe how soft my skin is afterwards - it does not irritate it at all and is great for my sensitive skin. I finally figured out I have sensitive skin, not acne prone so I am going the more gentle route now. Sometimes it takes 40+ years to figure out your skin.... I will buy again even at full price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

HG facial scrub/mask that I use twice a week. It scrubs away blackheads and dry flakes, and leaves my skin glowing. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tfarns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this stuff when I worked at a spa that carried it. To this day, it's the best exfoliator EVER. You just wait for it to dry (but not TOO dry) and rub off. The softest my skin has ever been without a professional treatment.