H2O water-activated eye make-up remover

3.5

on 4/25/2014 12:27:00 PM

Does not remove my make-up completely, irritating for my eyes. I don't see the point to use an eye make-up remover if we need clear with water after.

on 2/8/2014 7:39:00 PM

I just love this product so much. Does such a good job in removing eye makeup

on 4/6/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

HG makeup remover. Bought at TJ MAXX for four bucks. Super gentle on my sensitive skin, gets all the makeup off. All you have to do is apply it, wet your hands, massage your eyes to loosen the makeup and then rinse it off. I've even used it a few times as foundation remover and it totally works. I'm on my second tube of it and I already have another one just sitting around because I'm afraid of running out!

on 10/23/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer a thick or gel like formula for an eye makeup remover and this works well. I tried to use other eye makeup removers, but I find liquid removers hard to use and more of a hassle since I can't use it with my fingers only. I haven't had any problems with it not removing my eye makeup like the other reviews. Although, I do not wear waterproof makeup. I will repurchase.

on 2/29/2012 11:28:00 AM

I do not understand this product. It's billed as an eye -makeup remover, but it has to be "activated" with water, which turns it into pretty much any old cleanser. Because of the foaming quality, it's really hard to limit the application to just the eye area. So in my experience, it just turns out to be a regular ol' face wash.

In terms of performance, I rate this very poorly. If you have any kind of serious eye makeup on, this is not going to remove it completely.

It does look kinda cool, because the package is clear and you can see the bubbles in the transparent gel. But overall this is a product that is awkward to use, ineffective, and not particularly cheap. I like some H20 products but would never buy this twice.

on 2/12/2012 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This makeup remover is exactly what I was looking for!!! It's gentle, non-irritating, non-greasy and yet very effective! I've only been using it for about a week now. But it removes my eye makeup so well. I squeeze about a dime's amount into my hands, "activate" it with cold water like it says and rub the mixture all over my eyes. The result is a smeared makeup mess, but when I take a warm washcloth to wipe it away, it all comes off! And my eyes do not look puffy, red, irritated, oily, etc underneath. This is my HG eye remover without a doubt!!!

on 7/27/2011 10:20:00 PM

I have makeup removers from Cover Girl and Olay, both of which irritate my eyes. I purchased this product hoping it would be a gentler experience. Unfortunately it doesn't work It managed to remove my false eyelashes, but left the shadow and liner behind. I'll use it up b/c of the price, but will not repurchase.

on 7/19/2010 12:11:00 AM

Didn't even dent my foundation. Would not buy again, it's way too mild.

on 12/6/2008 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible. I know a lot of people don't like H2o because it seems too light and gentle, but my sensitive and dry skin reacts well to it. I bought this product because it was really cheap at TJ Maxx (you can find great H2o items there...you just have to look) and because I love the other products I've tried. Wow...what a disappointment. I don't wear waterproof eyeliner or mascara and this remover could not remove it. I washed my eye area 3 times and still had makeup around my eyes. I am sticking with Neutrogena's eye makeup remover.

on 11/19/2008 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using Neutrogena's oil-free eye makeup remover for a few years now, as it has been the only product i have found that removes my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. But i am a sucker for trying out new things so i gave this one a shot. And i LOVE it! I agree with some of the other reviewers in that the tube needs to be designed better, such as in a pump form or with a smaller hole, b/c alot more product can escape out when you just need a small amnt b/c the hole is a bit big for the product consistency. It is a gel, but it is not thick. I squeeze some out on my fingertips, and gently rub, occasionally adding in some water. I was suprised when i looked up after rinsing, ALL mascara and liner/shadow was gone! Even with my old fave remover, i still needed to take a Qtip and wipe under my eyes afterward. Not with this stuff! I can safely use this in the shower and not need to be concerned that i didnt get all my eye makeup off b/c i dont have a mirror in there! I wear contacts, and my eyes did not get irritated at all. This tube will last awhile, although i did go back to the store and snatched up a back-up bottle already!