The Body Shop Waterproof Mascara

2.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/31/2014 11:27:00 AM

My search for the perfect waterproof mascara continues... This is my life mission now!

Cons:
- Wand is flimsy and the bush is really small making a huge mess! It 's pretty gooey right out of the tube.
- Clumps like crazy on the lashes and dries to super glue consistence way too fast to comb the lashes out.
- The formula is really thick and dries to a crusty mess and does nothing to curl or define lashes. Its spider city on my face. Not a good look.
- I got some on my water line and my eye got super irritated, a real teary red mess.
- You would need a jackhammer and a acid solution to get this stuff off in good time. Not kidding I had to soak my eye area in coconut oil for an hour just to loosen this stuff at all! Even at that I lost some lashes in the process of scraping it off. Not cool!

Pros:
-the price (50% off sale) but for full price I would have been way more upset. I am going to try and return it (will let you know if I can)
-The colour. Its a true black but rather matte.
- No racoon eyes for me. At least not until the time for multiple hour scrub off came.

on 11/12/2012 3:41:00 PM

I have a tendency to rub my eyes or get watery eyes and my mascara always seems to smudge. But not with this waterproof mascara. It works very well, and the price is decent too.

on 6/10/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have straight, short lashes and this did not do much for me.

It did coat my lashes nicely, was waterproof, no smudges, no clumping. no flaking, and very natural looking.

But since I have short lashes, this was not so great for me. It will work for someone with long lashes, who's looking for a natural looking mascara.

on 7/20/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It was a good mascara, extended my lashes and still looked natural - but would NOT come off. I had to actually sleep in it and have a shower in the morning, THEN attack it with make up remover again and THEN wash my face, and THEN cover the remaining black circles with concealer..

on 6/9/2011 7:46:00 PM

Got this as GWP so at least I didn't pay anything for it. I had a choice between another mascara and this one and I chose this because I was looking for something waterproof. I don't really know if it's waterproof or not, but I do know it ends up places that I don't want it. If I only put it on my upper lashes, in a few hours it has smudged along my lower eye giving me dark circles under my eyes. It's terrible to look in a mirror a few hours later and see a bunch of smudges under your eyes when you didn't even put mascara on your lower lashes. Yes, it's nice to have the feel of a little click when you twist the cap closed, but that's the only positive about this mascara. Big thumbs down from me.

on 2/5/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was okay. It didn't provide much structure nor length. The brush itself clumped a lot and would constantly need to be wiped/cleaned.

on 6/29/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am extremely disappointed with this because the only reason I bought it was because the sales girl told me how fantastic it was. My number one requirement for mascara is that it doesn't smudge and this one smudged worse than some supermarket brands I've tried. Take your $14, go to Sephora or a department store and buy a Clinique mascara (which in my experience does not smudge at all).

on 5/8/2010 11:43:00 PM

UGH. This mascara is actually really awful. It didn't bring UP my lashes like every other mascara, it made them spidery. The tube is so cute, and looks so promising. It is such a glossy, dark black. I'm so mad this didn't do anything. By the end of the day my lashes were clumped together, and was flaking like CRAZY all over. Don't waste your money.

on 5/4/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know why, but this product really irritated my eyes. Thank goodness I was just testing this before I actually wore it out because this mascara just was plain itchy. I have no idea why. I do however really like the wand, it's so easy to apply and like all their mascaras, when you close the mascara tube, it actually makes a quiet clicking noise indicating that it's closed and I just love that. It preserves the mascara and lets me know if I closed it all the way. Too bad this was just not the mascara for me.

on 4/11/2010 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you're looking for a light quite natural look then you would like this mascara. Its easy to remove.
It does give you lenth.its not clumpy.

But it does feel a bit thin.

so this is a maybe