September 1, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jenny4m

I have a tendency to rub my eyes or get watery eyes and my mascara always seems to smudge. But not with this waterproof mascara. It works very well, and the price is decent too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by MsSalvatore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have straight, short lashes and this did not do much for me.

It did coat my lashes nicely, was waterproof, no smudges, no clumping. no flaking, and very natural looking.

But since I have short lashes, this was not so great for me. It will work for someone with long lashes, who's looking for a natural looking mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by cherryellie

It was a good mascara, extended my lashes and still looked natural - but would NOT come off. I had to actually sleep in it and have a shower in the morning, THEN attack it with make up remover again and THEN wash my face, and THEN cover the remaining black circles with concealer..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as GWP so at least I didn't pay anything for it. I had a choice between another mascara and this one and I chose this because I was looking for something waterproof. I don't really know if it's waterproof or not, but I do know it ends up places that I don't want it. If I only put it on my upper lashes, in a few hours it has smudged along my lower eye giving me dark circles under my eyes. It's terrible to look in a mirror a few hours later and see a bunch of smudges under your eyes when you didn't even put mascara on your lower lashes. Yes, it's nice to have the feel of a little click when you twist the cap closed, but that's the only positive about this mascara. Big thumbs down from me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara was okay. It didn't provide much structure nor length. The brush itself clumped a lot and would constantly need to be wiped/cleaned.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by cpbcah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am extremely disappointed with this because the only reason I bought it was because the sales girl told me how fantastic it was. My number one requirement for mascara is that it doesn't smudge and this one smudged worse than some supermarket brands I've tried. Take your $14, go to Sephora or a department store and buy a Clinique mascara (which in my experience does not smudge at all).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UGH. This mascara is actually really awful. It didn't bring UP my lashes like every other mascara, it made them spidery. The tube is so cute, and looks so promising. It is such a glossy, dark black. I'm so mad this didn't do anything. By the end of the day my lashes were clumped together, and was flaking like CRAZY all over. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but this product really irritated my eyes. Thank goodness I was just testing this before I actually wore it out because this mascara just was plain itchy. I have no idea why. I do however really like the wand, it's so easy to apply and like all their mascaras, when you close the mascara tube, it actually makes a quiet clicking noise indicating that it's closed and I just love that. It preserves the mascara and lets me know if I closed it all the way. Too bad this was just not the mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by jlmc8

If you're looking for a light quite natural look then you would like this mascara. Its easy to remove.
It does give you lenth.its not clumpy.

But it does feel a bit thin.

so this is a maybe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Jooley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really shocked that this product got so bad reviews - i love it! I have tried waterproof mascaras before but not from high end brands so maybe thats why (i have low expectations?) but in comparison to Maybelline then this mascara is way better.

This is the one of the very few Body Shop products i own. Although i do find some of their products work and this is one of them. I have this in Black and one coat is enough to look natural and have good lash definition. Two coats and its "Wow!" - beautiful long dark lashes until bedtime. And this is about as waterproof as it gets - i can wash my face with this stuff on and it doesn't budge. Yes it is quite expensive but worth it for the way it stays put. No smudges, nothing! The only thing with waterproof mascara is having to use a special remover - i bought the Body Shop's Camomile remover for this last time (talked into it by the SA of course) and because that is so expensive then it doubles the price up. I'm going to try another remover thats cheaper, but will keep buying the mascara. A great product and a definite repurchase for me.