Garnier For Color-treated or permed hair

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/19/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use the Garnier Color Last which I believe is the newly formulated version of this. The shampoo is rubbish but the conditioner is one of the best I have tried for the pricing. This doesn't weigh down my hair at all (the shampoo does strangely enough) and really moisturises and detangles well which is great as I have really damaged coarse hair. My favourite thing about this is the smell, sort of muted blueberries and other berries which i'm in love with but smell isn't usually a factor for me, I'm much more concerned with the quality and results. The only 2 other conditioners I prefer over this are the Tigi catwalk - Your highness and Shiseido - Tsubaki (red bottle) conditioners but both are in my opinion slightly overpriced. I use this in conjunction with L'oreal sulfate free bodify shampoo and they work really well together.

on 1/24/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm just copying a lot of what I wrote for the shampoo review:

This review is for the Garnier Fructis "Color Shield," which I'm assuming is the same thing...
I hated this conditioner. I have medium-length, blonde colored hair (I'm naturally blonde but have been lightening it at-home for the past year or so. Also some experimenting with strawberry blonde).
This shampoo and conditioner weighed down my hair so much and didn't protect from fading AT ALL. In fact it may have even made my color fade faster, or at least turn brassy.
I got my hair cut after a couple weeks of using this and my stylist commented that I had a ton of build-up. Not surprising. This made my hair feel heavy, greasy and gross, and didn't help at all for retaining color. The conditioner didn't help with dryness or frizz at all, either.

on 11/11/2007 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this in conjunction with the shampoo. I was sadly disappointed with my results. Both my hair and scalp got progressively drier. It does have a nice smell, but it did not do what I was expecting. I would not recommend this to anyone that colors their hair.

on 1/21/2007 9:06:00 AM

This is my old stand-by. I can count on it for everyday conditioning. My hair is pretty healthy these days, and I really only need basic conditioning. This never weighs my hair down and never builds up over time. I do venture off and try other conditioners once and while, but I always find my way back to this one. If you need heavy or deep conditioning this is not for you.

on 1/19/2007 9:40:00 AM

I find that, in general, the "for color-treated hair" conditioners are not as moisturizing as the "for dry/damaged hair" conditioners. Garnier makes some of the better "for color-treated hair" conditioners. However, as usual, my dry and easily tangled hair is still hard to comb through and difficult to untangle afterwards when my hair is still wet. The consistency is rather thin and runny and not that thick or creamy. It's nothing special in terms of conditioning or moisturizing. I absolutely love the fruity delicious smell though.

on 1/18/2007 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently started using this again and forgot just how soft it made my hair. I love it. As well as keeping my hair soft it maintains my highlights. The only downside is the smell, it took a while for me to get used to it again because at first it can be quite overpowering but I'd still recommend this conditioner. EDIT: I've noticed that using this conditioner can leave my hair dull and darker than it's natural colour, so I'm taking 2 lippies off and I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 8/28/2006 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This conditioner is great. It is as good as those that I have bought in the past from beauty salons and cost me an arm and a leg. My hair becomes very soft and manageable when I apply this. Also, the color does not fade and becomes much shinier.

on 2/6/2006 1:35:00 AM

This is my HG conditioner. I've used high end brands, and this one beats them all. I have very thick rough hair, but this one tames it so well. Now my hair is sooooo smoooooooothhhh and soft!

on 12/11/2005 10:42:00 PM

This product just doesn't work that well for me. My hair is hard to comb through after using this.

on 12/1/2005 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This conditioner stunk; did nothing for my hair. Will not buy again and can't recommend.