Mary Kay Toffee Lipstick

3.9

on 6/20/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An oldie but goodie! A versatile neutral pinky-brownish-mauvish shade that is flattering on my cool-toned PPP skin - and good on medium skin tones, too. Can read a bit warm - lately I am loving cooler pinkier colors - but this is such a versatile color. Very wearable, very safe.

on 11/9/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

An old-time HG I had forgotten about until recently. I have a love/hate relationship with MK products (yeah, either I love 'em or hate 'em, no gray area), but this lipstick is just my perfect shade for a neutral look. I usually pair with either the chocolate lipliner (VERY well-blended) or the cappuccino lipliner, and then top it with a light coat of the Cream and Sugar lipgloss. It's a great look for daytime wear or in the office, and works well for a subtle nighttime look as well.

With all of the similar colors out there, I've still not found anything that's a reasonable dupe of the MK lipliner, Toffee lipstick and Cream and Sugar gloss.

Okay, now that I've had my walk down memory lane, time to go order it otherwise I'll just keep obsessing about it until I have it again, LOL!

on 11/7/2011 8:31:00 PM

Favorite color...like a caramel color. Somehow it goes with pinks and browns. Very neutral. I use it with Mary Kay neutral lip liner. Lasts for hours. Silky feel

on 1/19/2011 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this color. This is my third tube. It looks like orange-brown in my lips. I'm an NC35. This is a daytime color. I love the texture and lasting of this particular line of lipsticks... despite the fact I hate almost everything from MK except the lipsticks and eyeprimer...

on 12/2/2010 10:39:00 PM

This is a great pink/brown shade that works nicely on my light/medium skin tone.
Some things I like about Mary Kay lipsticks:
Long lasting.
Has a nice caramel smell to it instead of the normal lipstick smell.
Isn't drying.
Not sheer.

on 7/21/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had tried Mary Kay products years ago in my teens and I wasn't mature enough for them yet but I have rediscovered them and now I'm in love! Their neutral lipsticks are the best I've ever found! This and Apricot Glaze are just great! This one does have a pinkish hue that I didn't like at first but now I think it's great. It does look better with cool colors. I put lipbalm on under all my lipsticks and I do admit that these can be a bit drying without it. Their products are wonderful and it's sad that it's kind of a scam. I buy all my MK stuff off ebay and even with shipping I get most things for under half price. Then I don't have to deal with the sometimes pushy reps.

on 7/13/2007 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I Love this Lipstick! It looks a little blah in the tube but once you put it on it is really nice. I tried putting lipglass in Lust over it and it makes a huge difference. It is creamy and long lasting. I usually eat all my lipstick by the second hour, But this last forever. I would totally recomend this lipstick.

on 9/9/2005 9:55:00 AM

I do love Mary Kay lipsticks, and I recently got this color because it appeared to be a nice, neutral, nude brown (I am an Ivory skin tone)like L'oreal's Nature's Blush for reference, but it is too pinky on me. It doesn't look bad, it just wasn't the look I was going for and I have so many lipsticks that look like this color. The name Toffee implies that it is more of a brown neutral, and that's what it looked like in the catalog. I would buy Mary Kay lipstick again in a heartbeat, just not this color. 10/19/05 - Update - I have been wearing this with the MK Chocolate Lipliner and I now love this combination of the Toffee lipstick with the chocolate lipliner. I color in my entire lips with the chocolate lipliner and it takes away just a little of the pinky-red part of this lipstick that I didn't like and it lasts almost all day and I rarely have to touch it up. Also, just a little blotting gives it a nice smooth, matte finish. I have also been making sure I carefully apply foundation right up to the line where my lips start,which even though it sounds like a little thing, makes a big difference. It looks so good. I might actually buy this color again.

on 5/8/2005 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i actually like this color. Its a nice neutral that isnt too brown on my LLL skin. Its a little bright at first and would wear it only during the winter of course, but its actually not that bad of a color and hasnt turned an orange on me

on 7/11/2004 9:55:00 PM

This color can sometimes look orangey, depending on your skin tone. It would probably look better on someone who's more beige. I prefer MK's Cinnamon Twist (I'm an Ivory 200 skin tone).

Recommended for Medium Skin