July 30, 2014 | 2075 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must be just weird or something because I see all these raving reviews of this stuff. My opinion is it sucks. I dont mean just a little, I mean it REALLY sucks. First the smell to me is awful. Second, when I put this stuff on my hands, it feels like I have a film of butter caked on them for hours after. It doesnt absorb and the smell lingers ALL DAY LONG. It does nothing at all for me. I never throw stuff out, I can usually find a use for it but this is not even going on my feet. Its going straight in the garbage. I see that palmers has ALOT of products but it has turned me off from them and I wont buy any of the others because of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by biojenni

my favorite and number one,inlove with the aroma,i've used for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Theodora01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My number one product, can't do without it. It combines everything: deep hydration, amazing sweet smell that lasts and very good price. Just now I have 3 bottles of it in my bathroom just to feel I will not run out -I now have to order it online since I cannot find it in Greece anymore.
Only flaw is the packaging because there is always some of the cream left in the bottle -even when you buy the one with the pump -probably because it's too thick and the bottle is too thick to squeeze the remaining product out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use a lot of body cream , lotion or gel because I hydrate my whole body everyday after my shower. I usually feel pretty meh about most of the lotion because there's so much lotion that I'm absolutely not faithfull to one product. However, this product is different! It's amazing!

I really love it and I hope I will find it again because I find it hard to find here in Quebec city.

Really moisturizing, intoxicating cocoa smell, really little price...what's not to love!

It's really a good product and one I will purchase again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been purchasing the Palmer's for years, and just love this stuff. I love the smell, and it makes your skin like silk. A definite staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by becky39

I've been using the Palmers Cocoa Butter stick for lips for years and love it, I started reading reviews on other Palmers products and was intrigued by the lotion. I picked up the lotion yesterday at CVS for about $9.00, a good value IMO. The lotion is nice and thick and smells wonderful! I had just showered and shaved my legs when I decided to take the lotion for a spin, it is great!! My usually lizard like legs were very moisturized and silky soft, they of course smelled wonderful too! I used is on my arms and hands and was again thrilled with the results, I actually went back to CVS and bought another bottle to keep in the car. I asked my 12 year old if I smelled bad and he sniffed and said "Yummmmm, cocoa butter!" he knows the smell from the cocoa butter stick we use for lips, so I guess the scent is not terribly offensive. :o) I don't however like the cocoa butter in the tub, the smell is off....too flowery not strait cocoa butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kyoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bit of a skin condition—extremely dry dark patches on the back of my neck and a bit on my torso that can end up feeling like sandpaper if I don’t lotion consistently.. I have medicated cream for this and it does work but I hate using it because it has a strong odor (being medicated and all) and it doesn’t really absorb in the skin—it kind of sits on top of the skin and rubs all over my clothes. I hate using it during the day because the nasty smell lingers, and I hate using it during the evening because if I sit, lay down, etc. it gets all over my pillow. So I resorted to using Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion which worked pretty well but wasn’t the best for the rash. Also have uneven skin tone on my arms, and pretty dry skin on my legs. I’m from Minnesota so the air is always dry, unfortunately
My friend introduced me to Palmer’s Coco Butter line and I have been hooked since. It has definitely improved my horrible rash, as well as evened out my skin tone all over my body. It is very inexpensive and smells great without being too overpowering. It isn’t greasy and absorbs right into the skin. I highly recommend this product!
The only drawback is the crappy bottle it comes in. Very hard to squeeze lotion out. I just took a pump from a different lotion, cleaned it out, and use it for my Palmer’s lotion. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by missmills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favourite moisturiser - have used it for years. Used it when I was pregnant and have only a couple of tiny faint lines on my lower abdomen region. Makes your skin so soft and smells delicious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fail-safe moisturiser that I just keep coming back to again and again over the years. The formula is super rich, which is perfect for my ultra-dry, eczema-prone skin. My skin is so dry that I HAVE to moisturise my entire body every day when I come out of the shower, and only this seems to do the trick and not leave my skin feeling sandpapery before the next day. It smells of chocolate and I love the scent, but you can buy it in unscented.

As for stretch mark fading properties, they are AWESOME. This product evens my skin tone and fades stretch marks and scars like nothing else. I even use it on my face - yes, my face - sometimes to fade stubborn acne scarring and the results are pretty incredible! Doesn't cause breakouts or irritation on my super sensitive skin, either.

My only two gripes are the bottle, which is always terrible no matter whether you buy the squeeze top or pump, and the fact that this contains pretty cheap and crappy ingredients such as mineral oil, palm oil and Methylisothiazolinone (MI). If Palmer's could get rid of those nasties I could stop searching for a friendlier moisturiser that equals this one's toning properties.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by saraminebowen

This product gave me a terrible rash on my chest and arms. I've never experienced anything like it. I'm disappointed because it did seem to moisturize well, but it's obviously not worth uncomfortable rashes. It was also inexpensive, which was a plus for me. All in all, I won't be purchasing this product again because of the rash it gave me. Didn't notice any fading of stretch marks, but I only used it for a week.