September 24, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not great for oily and acne prone skin! Left an oily layer of residue behind and I had to tone it off. Surprisingly it did its job by cleaning off makeup etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is horrid. It doesn't clean, leaves an oily film (even after washing thoroughly), stings, and I have no doubt it would cause acne. Do yourself a favour, buy a bar of Unscented dove, double wash, & see what a clean face feels like.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this until it was gone , never again . I thought my skin was not going to react , but it did. My face broke out from it and was very dry after i used it .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I keep finding cleansers I think are my HG and then I find one I like even better! This has bumped Cetaphil Daily out of HG status for me and now wears the crown. I have oily skin that loves creamy cleansers (previous to Cetaphil it was Noxzema). I think this cleanser is better than Noxzema for a couple reasons:

1) The tube is more convenient and sanitary
2) It tames my oily skin much better
3) I have not had A SINGLE PIMPLE since using this cleanser (I've had two TOTMs…)

While it is more expensive than Noxzema per ounce, I think the benefits outweigh the higher cost. You can find this at grocery stores for $5-$8.

I use this as a cold cream by applying it to a dry face, rubbing it around gently, then splashing off or using my Clarisonic (night only). I find this method takes off makeup perfectly and I get the nice tingle from the menthol.

It has a light scent that I like--I think it's the same as their orange acne cleanser--but might bother those sensitive to fragrance.

Even though I have to use a separate eye-makeup remover for it, I find this cleanser to be the best overall for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by fablemoniker

So I usually never write reviews...ever...but I had to for this cleanser. Some background for my skin: I've had really severe acne since I was about 12 years old, struggled with it off and on (mostly on) for years and years, tried absolutely EVERYTHING, until I finally went on Accutane when I was 20. Accutane worked very well for me, cleared up all my acne, now I have pretty normal skin (not too oily or dry) with a ton of scars and hyper-pigmentation. What a life.

Anyway, the reason I'm reviewing this product is that this is the ONLY product I have ever repurchased. In my years and years of experimenting with products (and believe me, if it's sold at a drugstore, I've bought and tried it), this is the one cleanser I've always come back to.

Now, you need to understand: this is not a miracle product. Generally speaking, cleansers don't have to get that fancy (I mean, it spends like five seconds on your face and then you wash it off, what's it gonna do?). This face wash will not cure all of your skin ailments and make diamonds come out of your pores. What it WILL do is take off your makeup satisfactorily, clean off any dirt and oil, and make your skin feel soft and clean without making it feel dry or squeaky. Also, it's just plain fun to use. The texture is lovely it makes your skin feel cool and tingly (in a pleasant way).

tl;dr: A lovely little cleanser that does everything a cleanser should and has been a staple in my regimen for years, but nothing to write a sonnet about.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many products are hit or miss...you may hate what someone else raves about. I tried this cleanser from the reviews on this board, and it works great for me! LOVE this stuff! I only gave it 4 lippies because I would like it better WITHOUT the menthol. I personally do not need tingling on my face! But this cleanser works great for my aging skin. It leaves my skin clean and soft. Thanks MUA for the recommendation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AshleyBlehm

I love this face wash. I've been using it on my sensitive combination skin for about a year now and it never breaks me out. The menthol/cooling sensation is very refreshing and the cream feel very moisturizing. My only complaint is that it is SO gentle that it doesn't completely remove my foundation. I have to begin with a makeup wipe to remove my eye makeup, then I wash my face, and then I finish off with a toner to close up my pores as well as remove excess makeup that my face wash left behind. The truth is on the cotton round, it does miss a lot of makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by iwouldrathernot

I honestly don't understand how so many people love this cleanser. When I first tried it, I thought I'd fall in love with it. I was wrong. The more I kept using it, the worse my skin looked. I have never had my face break out like that before. There were huge cystic pimples on my chin and forehead after I used this stuff. Despite all the zits, I kept using the product hoping that my acne was just a side effect of my period. I went through the entire bottle and my skin looked the worst it ever had. Definitely won't be buying this crap again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Somehow I did not see the word 'menthol' in the ingredient list when I decided to buy this...who puts menthol in products for the face, anyway? And then claims that dermatologists approve of their products?? As soon as I put it on, and started to feel that tingle, arghhh...

So, it may work for you if your facial skin is tough, but for me, a terrible mistake.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Liked this at first, but found it to be too drying for my sensitive skin. Can't use this near the eye area either to clean off eye makeup. The menthol is too intense for this delicate area. I like a one step cleanser to clean & take off makeup. Wish companies would keep fragrance & menthol out of products!