November 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Ambercarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product made me incredibly sad. This used to be my HG cleanser. I started using it about 10 years ago. It was PERFECT for my skin. Then about 2 years ago i purchased a new bottle and it seemed that the packaging was slightly different and the texture was a tad different. I didn't think much of it at the time. Then, my skin broke out in a red pimply rash EVERYWHERE. I continued to use it, chalking it up to something else but it never subsided, even after purchasing yet ANOTHER bottle. Something changed. I was super bummed out. But when it worked for me, I loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and this product irritated it. My makeup barely came off and if the product got any close to my under eye area it would sting. My eye area felt very bruised after using this. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to dry, insensitive skin and rarely breakout. I imagine the ingredients in this cleanser would give very mixed reviews depending on skin type.

I was attracted to this product as it contains salicylic acid, which works well with my skin as a mild chemical exfoliant. Before this I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser for about 3 years. I feel like the Aveeno cleaners removed makeup more efficiently than this cream cleanser but I wanted a product that worked more efficiently with my clarisonic. The methanol and fragrance in this cleanser doesn't bother me, I have had no reactions to this product and I feel like it doesn't dry out my skin even when I don't moisturize. My skin has never really had sensitivity issues and the methanol content is so low I don't find it to be drying or irritating, it helps wake me up in the morning.

In saying that, I avoid going anywhere close to my eye area with this cleanser. I always use bioderma or similar prior to using the cleaner if I have been wearing makeup. It is gentle enough to use twice a day (clarisonic at night). I like the squeeze tube too.

I'm impressed with this cleanser overall. Feels luxurious and I notice the difference in my skin. I think this works great with my clarisonic. Those with dry/normal and non-problem skin may enjoy using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by eljo22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is extremely oily, acne-prone and somewhat sensitive to products. I was pleasantly surprised at this cleanser's ability to remove all my makeup from my face.
It did take a few weeks for my skin to adjust to this cleanser but when it did, I definitely did see an improvement in my complexion. I now have less redness around my nose area.
I only use this at night because my skin is prone to dryness. Overall this is a great cleanser and I will happily stock up on it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not great for oily and acne prone skin! Left an oily layer of residue behind and I had to tone it off. Surprisingly it did its job by cleaning off makeup etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is horrid. It doesn't clean, leaves an oily film (even after washing thoroughly), stings, and I have no doubt it would cause acne. Do yourself a favour, buy a bar of Unscented dove, double wash, & see what a clean face feels like.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this until it was gone , never again . I thought my skin was not going to react , but it did. My face broke out from it and was very dry after i used it .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I keep finding cleansers I think are my HG and then I find one I like even better! This has bumped Cetaphil Daily out of HG status for me and now wears the crown. I have oily skin that loves creamy cleansers (previous to Cetaphil it was Noxzema). I think this cleanser is better than Noxzema for a couple reasons:

1) The tube is more convenient and sanitary
2) It tames my oily skin much better
3) I have not had A SINGLE PIMPLE since using this cleanser (I've had two TOTMs…)

While it is more expensive than Noxzema per ounce, I think the benefits outweigh the higher cost. You can find this at grocery stores for $5-$8.

I use this as a cold cream by applying it to a dry face, rubbing it around gently, then splashing off or using my Clarisonic (night only). I find this method takes off makeup perfectly and I get the nice tingle from the menthol.

It has a light scent that I like--I think it's the same as their orange acne cleanser--but might bother those sensitive to fragrance.

Even though I have to use a separate eye-makeup remover for it, I find this cleanser to be the best overall for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by fablemoniker

So I usually never write reviews...ever...but I had to for this cleanser. Some background for my skin: I've had really severe acne since I was about 12 years old, struggled with it off and on (mostly on) for years and years, tried absolutely EVERYTHING, until I finally went on Accutane when I was 20. Accutane worked very well for me, cleared up all my acne, now I have pretty normal skin (not too oily or dry) with a ton of scars and hyper-pigmentation. What a life.

Anyway, the reason I'm reviewing this product is that this is the ONLY product I have ever repurchased. In my years and years of experimenting with products (and believe me, if it's sold at a drugstore, I've bought and tried it), this is the one cleanser I've always come back to.

Now, you need to understand: this is not a miracle product. Generally speaking, cleansers don't have to get that fancy (I mean, it spends like five seconds on your face and then you wash it off, what's it gonna do?). This face wash will not cure all of your skin ailments and make diamonds come out of your pores. What it WILL do is take off your makeup satisfactorily, clean off any dirt and oil, and make your skin feel soft and clean without making it feel dry or squeaky. Also, it's just plain fun to use. The texture is lovely it makes your skin feel cool and tingly (in a pleasant way).

tl;dr: A lovely little cleanser that does everything a cleanser should and has been a staple in my regimen for years, but nothing to write a sonnet about.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many products are hit or miss...you may hate what someone else raves about. I tried this cleanser from the reviews on this board, and it works great for me! LOVE this stuff! I only gave it 4 lippies because I would like it better WITHOUT the menthol. I personally do not need tingling on my face! But this cleanser works great for my aging skin. It leaves my skin clean and soft. Thanks MUA for the recommendation.