October 30, 2014 | 1341 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by meccame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail shampoo it doesn't strip my hair it smells great it doesn't fade my colour . Its on the pricey side but because i need to wash my hair daily it doesn't strip my hair. love it unfortunately

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Npandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. I have baby fine, thin dyed red hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down which is important with my hair type.
I'm not sure how well it keeps the color in as my red hair fades like crazy no matter what I do to it. I also just dyed it a week ago and started using this shampoo, so far so good.
I haven't used the conditioner as I don't use conditioner in the shower because of my fine oily hair.
I also don't mind the smell. I'm not sure why people complain about it so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I really wanted to love this product. I splurged and thought I was doing something good for myself, but I am disappointed. The shampoo cleaned my hair well and helped my colour to stay fresh, but it broke my out horribly. I started getting acne on my neck and little bumps all over my scalp. I have never had this before - ever. Took me a few months to figure out what the heck it was from, but as soon as I stopped using this it cleared up. In reading some of the other reviews on here, I'm realizing that I'm not the only one this happened to. Seems weird for a natural product to cause this type of reaction, but oh well! Such a waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This shampoo smells very clean and fresh, and helps keep your color treated hair vibrant and lasting. I was taken back a bit with the scent at first, purely because I've only used fruity and floral shampoos, but I grew to enjoy it. It leaves your hair soft, smooth, and smelling salon clean. It also lathers amazingly well! I've never tried a shampoo that lathered so well, and it makes my hair feel even more clean. The only downside is the price, I'm a cheapo on shampoo and hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by fitnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whenever I get compliments on my hair, it'a always after I have used the Color Conserve. Love this shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by GlammaGrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is not sulfate-free. Disappointing :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to buy this in liters a few years ago when I had my hair colored in an Aveda salon but stopped using it when I got into the much more expensive Kerastase line. I had a GC to a local Aveda salon so I decided to purchase this since I used to like it so much. The smell is amazing, I forgot how much I loved it. It lathers nicely but doesn't strip hair or make it feel overly clean. I had no tangles when I rinsed which is huge for me, I have fine blonde hair that tangles easily. I used it with the matching conditioner and air dried with Phomollient. Great end result, beachy waves with no crunch or frizz.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Color Conserve is more moisturizing than Aveda's Shampure, but less moisturizing than Aveda's Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy. It worked well for awhile, but then I realized it was irritating my scalp.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by canadamomof4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how this shampoo makes my hair look, but unfortunately it makes my forehead, jaw and side of face break-out horribly.
It is nice stuff, smell is great but I have to stop using it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells great and is very moisturizing. however, it is too moisturizing for my fine, thin, straight, oily hair--it weighs it down and makes my hair look limp and greasy. I color my hair vibrant red, so I am always on the lookout for a shampoo that will not strip my color, but will also not weigh down my hair. this is not it.