April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I really wanted to love this product. I splurged and thought I was doing something good for myself, but I am disappointed. The shampoo cleaned my hair well and helped my colour to stay fresh, but it broke my out horribly. I started getting acne on my neck and little bumps all over my scalp. I have never had this before - ever. Took me a few months to figure out what the heck it was from, but as soon as I stopped using this it cleared up. In reading some of the other reviews on here, I'm realizing that I'm not the only one this happened to. Seems weird for a natural product to cause this type of reaction, but oh well! Such a waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This shampoo smells very clean and fresh, and helps keep your color treated hair vibrant and lasting. I was taken back a bit with the scent at first, purely because I've only used fruity and floral shampoos, but I grew to enjoy it. It leaves your hair soft, smooth, and smelling salon clean. It also lathers amazingly well! I've never tried a shampoo that lathered so well, and it makes my hair feel even more clean. The only downside is the price, I'm a cheapo on shampoo and hair products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by fitnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whenever I get compliments on my hair, it'a always after I have used the Color Conserve. Love this shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by GlammaGrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is not sulfate-free. Disappointing :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to buy this in liters a few years ago when I had my hair colored in an Aveda salon but stopped using it when I got into the much more expensive Kerastase line. I had a GC to a local Aveda salon so I decided to purchase this since I used to like it so much. The smell is amazing, I forgot how much I loved it. It lathers nicely but doesn't strip hair or make it feel overly clean. I had no tangles when I rinsed which is huge for me, I have fine blonde hair that tangles easily. I used it with the matching conditioner and air dried with Phomollient. Great end result, beachy waves with no crunch or frizz.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Color Conserve is more moisturizing than Aveda's Shampure, but less moisturizing than Aveda's Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy. It worked well for awhile, but then I realized it was irritating my scalp.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by canadamomof4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how this shampoo makes my hair look, but unfortunately it makes my forehead, jaw and side of face break-out horribly.
It is nice stuff, smell is great but I have to stop using it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells great and is very moisturizing. however, it is too moisturizing for my fine, thin, straight, oily hair--it weighs it down and makes my hair look limp and greasy. I color my hair vibrant red, so I am always on the lookout for a shampoo that will not strip my color, but will also not weigh down my hair. this is not it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I color my hair at an Aveda salon so picked this up to try. I love Aveda's philosophy and have used many of the products successfully in the past and still presently use the madder root conditioner. Well it took me a month to realize the absolutely horrid breakouts behind my jawbone were due to this product. I stopped using it and the problem cleared up. I mentioned this to my stylist and she commented that some people can react to some of the natural products. Maybe a random root or herb. As for the shampoo itself the price was OK. No different then buying Loreal Everpure, though I can find coupons for that and do not break out :) As for how it was in my hair, well like the price it was no different then anything else I have used. Obviously I would never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. I was hesitant to buy it because of the high price, but I am pleased with it. It smells wonderful and makes my expensive highlights last longer. I really notice a positive difference in my hair when I use it. The bottle lasts forever.