September 1, 2014 | 1940 users online

Palettes - The Icing Makeup by Claire's

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lippylover15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking it was a good price for such an array of colors. When I brought it home I was attracted to a pretty white color. While being pretty it was hard to get out and not long lasting, even with primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The rating for Claire's makeup is WAY to high - why? Because it's Claire's, it's assumed as crappy makeup, and when people find out it's not, they give it a high rating. I personally think it deserves a 3. Their product is OKAY, their price is OKAY. But the price is honestly a bit overpriced for what it is.

I only own one product from them, it's the palette with 48 eyeshadows and the blushes and lip product underneath. I actually really love the eyeshadows, pigmented enough, staying power's is... Eh, alright. (I use primer).

I still think it's overpriced for what it is, this palette is $40. $40?! Really!? It's beyond ridiculous. I would not purchase it myself. It's worth trying though! continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Belledeear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love claire's/icing's eyeshadow palettes! They are super pigmented and the ones with shimmer are so glowy pretty but not overtly so. If you don't want to break the bank on makeup, just get some of these because they are extremely cheap compared to other brands. They have huge palettes like ones by coastal scents/mac but for only $14-16. I got one with neutral colors and I am in love and can't stop using it because any look you create with them looks pretty & high quality. the only thing I would be concerned about is the ingredients in them but then again, pretty much any kind of makeup has bad stuff for you. so overall, i would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

CHEAP but AMAZING
this is the kind of product a first time user should use
to try out or if your low on cash
very nice daytime look colors
with a little bit of blending techniques it can be dramatic night looks instantly

only a bad side is that it doesn't have all colors
which i mean is the prime colors like red,yellow,blue
but none the less it's a good palette
(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have decided that there is just no reason to pay $55 for an eyeshadow palette (Kevin Aucoin, I'm looking at you). I've had some low end products that were amazing, and some high end products that were crap. The problem is finding the good ones and avoiding the bad ones, which is why I love this site.

The other day I was in Claire's with my youngest sister. Since I have all boys, I haven't been in that store since I was a teenager myself. It wasn't great quality stuff back then, but fun for a teenaged girl. I expected it to be much the same, and it was.

However, one of the eyeshadow palettes caught my eye. The packaging was horribly cheap and flimsy, but I thought the product itself looked like fairly good quality. I passed it up, thinking it couldn't be as good as it looked.

Strangely enough, the very next day I completely by chance, I ran across both a review here, and a video on YouTube recommending this product. Well, it could be nothing but Karma, right? I went back and bought it today, along with some applicators and some handcreme that smells EXACTLY like my strawberry shortcake dolls did.

Anyway...wow. These shadows are really, really nice. I'd say they are nicer than the new Revlon satin shadow singles I bought the other day. The texture is silkier and the pigmentation is far superior. The packaging? Well, that's as cheap and flimsy as I assumed it was, but who cares? I'm not trying to blend the packaging. I bought the palette with the neutrals because I'm a little old for the tropical colors in the other one. But now I'm thinking I might just go back and get it just to have it. Why not, right?

I wouldn't pay Kevin Aucoin $55 for a palette of Flamingo pink and Beachfront hotel turqouise and pineapple yellow, but I would pay $6 at Claire's. Even if I only ever wore them to play concubine or Lady Pirate, it would be worth $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mvillie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got two of the 10 eyeshadow palettes from Claire's today.

The quality is much better than one would expect from a Claire's palette. It isn't overtly sparkly or glittery. It's mostly matte and pearly in texture.

The colours are nicely pigmented. They blend well and easily on the lids.

However, the packaging is very cheap and can be difficult to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by iHeartbunnies84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette has very nice neutral colors that can go from everyday wear to glam.
I saw Emilynoel83's review on the Claire's palettes and decided to give this a shot. These are very pigmented and are great quality shadows for the price. Plus, Claire's usually has a "buy one get one half off" deal on their cosmetics. I got this one along with a tropical palette. I'm very happy with both of them and have been pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

I went to the mall, was poking around in Claire's, when this eye shadow pallet caught my eye. The brand is apparently "Claire's Cosmetics", and the eye shadow pallet in question had 12 colors. All of them were shimmery, and the colors included yellow, browns, pinks and purple, and two gray blue silver colors. They cost only $6, so I decided to give in and buy them.

These colors were extremely flattering on me. They are rather glittery, so are best used on your lash line rather than say, your brow bone. They have a very soft, blendable texture, and are not chalky or hard at all. I put on my Maybelline stick concealer to prime my super oily eye lids, and then I layered this on. The eye shadows look bright, shimmery, and best of all, barely creased after about 6 hours! I definitely recommend these shadows for their cheap price and amazing pigment and texture. I think that the particular shades that I chose look better on people with warm skin tones, but I'm sure that there are other pallets out there that will suit everyone. Definitely give these shadows a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just bought this huge palette at Claire's in the mall and im so impressed! not only does it have like 48 beautiful shimmery e/s's but i only paid $14! it was also buy one get one 1/2 off so i ended up getting an awesome pack of liquid liners too.
this palette has every color you could lemm. for! the container lacks a little though, its flimsy plastic on the inside where the shadows sit.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lalaleav

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a palette from Icing, including these colors: White, Yellow, Peach, Pink, GreyishPurple, Lavender, Darker Pink, Blue, Green, Brown, Grey, Black.
The colours look very attractive and shimmery in the package, but when you touch the eyeshadows, underneath the top layer, they are completely matte and completely different colours. Here is what they turn out to be:
White is still White, Yellow is still yellow, Peach has an orange hue to it, Pink is a yelloworangepink colour, Greypurple has orange in it, lavender is a darker ruddy colour, the dark pink is an awful brownish pink colour (not an attractive colour like you might think), blue is blue, gren is green, brown is brown, grey is actually somewhat darker, black is a dark grey. Mostly every colour is for some reason orangeish underneath, which looks very ugly, and they crease in 2 minutes. I really recommend not spending the $15 CAN on them!