October 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by misstwinpeaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UGH. I used this foundation for several months after I had to stop using the more pricey foundations I used to get at Ulta. I don't know why I settled for it for sooo long but I'm so glad I switched over to something else. It comes off your face way quick ( I used powder sometimes to stop this but, it only lasted so long ). Also when you try to fix it...it just becomes more of a mess and you end up wanting to just take it all off. It's not THAT heavy but that's not even the problem...it's way shiny, setting powders make it funky looking so just don't do it!!! Run away!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Karlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is TERRIBLE!!!!! I honestly joined MakeupAlley just to steer people away from this awful product. It broke me out very badly and I don't even have sensitive skin. My skin is dry to normal and it used to be blemish-free before I used this garbage. As soon as my day is over, I make sure to clean all my makeup off with an oil cleanser before going in with a cream cleanser and soft exfoliating cotton pads. Despite this, it still caused me to break out. I brought this back immediately to get my $12.99 back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This irritated my skin really badly. My skin was peeling and red and breaking out. I was using this alone, so I know it was this.
See, when I read the ingredient list, I didn't see the ugly preservative. I've never had a sensitizing reaction so far, even when I used things with heavy fragrance or bar soaps or things with a lot of alcohol. Goes to show what the paraben scare can cause.
Aside from that, it has a beautiful texture and I really wish this would have worked out for me.
Neutrogena, don't be afraid to use parabens rather than using stuff you know can cause reactions. Also, can we get a pump?
Other wise, it has a really fabulous texture. It really balanced my skin out. It moisturized my slight dry patches and absorbed everything but my extreme oil, and that was helped with a setting powder. Plus, though it doesn't have that much "healthy" ingredients and the packaging wouldn't have preserved them anyway, it had sunscreen and fab coverage. If you don't have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend this, but I guess a lot of people loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! makes my dull dry skin look so glowy and fresh, I wish the shade selection was more wide I am very fair and the lightest shade is a bit to dark for me but I can pull it off. the fact that it don't have a pump doesn't bother me, I buff it in with my real techniques brush and love the results. I've heard this is a dupe for Nars sheer glow? but ither way this is a great satin finish will use up and repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by rachelking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to love Healthy Skin liquid foundation, although this is not makeup for the acne-prone! Unfortunately I wasn't aware that it was making my acne worse, I loved how my skin shined and how soft it made it feel that I kind of dismissed the acne as being something I just had to live with and that no matter what I tried, I couldn't fix. I've finally made the switch to powder foundation and it has made a world of difference. That being said, Healthy Skin is actually a pretty good product, but it's suitable only for dry skin. It is very moisturizing and can get especially heavy during the summer. It's also runny and difficult to apply. They need to put a pump on the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by UmmSalma

I like it light coverage I would say it's bad it's good but if u have oily skin beware of the t zone lmfao be careful no pump

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd heard of this foundation being a Dupe for NARS Sheer Glow, so I picked it up at ULTA for $13. I applied it with a duo-fiber brush, and it was quite easy to blend. The coverage is more medium-light, but still covered my current breakouts with ease. It also gave a nice, dewy glow to my skin. The wear was so-so.. and during the humid months, it would become very sticky and melt off.
I took a lippie off because of the poor color selection. To this day, after buying three different shades, I haven't found one that can match my neutral skintone. They either make me look too yellow or too pink. I do think that I'd be able to pull off the lightest shade in the wintertime, which I plan on doing because it is a great foundation. Not for humid weather though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this looking for a sheer, 'my skin but better' foundation for days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup, but still want to wear something. Overall, I really like the product. I can get a good amount of coverage out of it without it being to cake-y, and it blends really well. It really does provide a 'your skin but better' look. I have fairly sensitive skin, that's very combination and acne prone-currently I am pretty dry, but I do also get pretty oily at times so I'm kinda right in the middle. This doesn't irritate my skin at all, nor does it break me out. I do really love this.

The downsides of this product for me are these: price, color selection, and packaging. I paid about $13 at Target for this, which is definitely higher in price than a lot of makeup at Target. They also have a really limited color selection. I bought the lightest shade Classic Ivory, which is my shade but it's too yellow-I looked online when I realized it was too yellow and it looks like the next shade up might be the pink based one I would want next time-I currently mix a pink based illuminator to balance it out a bit. As for the packaging, you get a good amount of product but it's an open bottle. I always worry about issues with germs in open bottle foundations because I have acne prone skin. Plus, this product is VERY 'watery' or runny since it is such a light coverage product.

But, even with the downsides I mentioned, I will be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bastillebabe

I purchased this because I've heard it was a real good dupe for Nars sheer glow. My self haven't had purchase Nars sheer glow, thought this was an absolute bargain for 12 dollars at bed bath and beyond. I have combo/oily skin verging on the more oily side and it was a risk to take buying something with the words GLOW in it.For a pricier drugstore foundation i expected a pump; nevertheless I made do and carefully poured out and a glob of thick liquid came out of the bottle, more than I needed :///. I applied the foundation with the expert face brush buffing it in, wearing primer underneath. Application was virtually smooth and felt like a dream and was very hydrating I expect it would be super duper well for dry skin. I used setting powder on my whole face but it still managed to look like and oil slick around cheek nose area after 5-6 hour wear which was upsetting. This is defintely not a long wearing foundation but it gives you that dewy healthy look that I love. I did break out a bit after wearing this so that is something to look out for. Overall it was an alright doing the job foundation but nothing near holy grail worthy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just no. One day after using, I woke up with huge pimples all over my face.

Ethyhexyl palmitate. And talc.

The finish is great, though, and it looks very light, so if you're not sensitive to those ingredients (i.e. if you love the NYC Sunny Bronzer), then I'd say go ahead and try it.