Avon Advance Techniques Straight & Sleek Dry End Serum

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/12/2008 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is not good enough to get five lippies, but it's pretty good :)
It moisturises my dry ends okay, not fantastically, but there's definitely a smoother, softer and better smelling difference.

As someone else has mentioned, it's the exact same as the capsules (if you have/heard of them) just in a glass pump bottle.

on 9/4/2008 5:04:00 PM

If you love the Avon anti-frizz capsules, but hate the hassle and cost of them, this is a good alternative. It works the same way, but comes in a pump bottle. I wish they'd sell a larger size, since I use a TON at a time, but it's still more cost-effective. The fact that I'm able to use so much at once is a testament to how grease-free this stuff is. I have shoulder-length wavy, fine and coarse hair (I know, I'm just so hair-blessed, aren't I?), and I use something like 5-6 pumps on my damp hair. It just never gets limp or weighed-down.

on 8/5/2008 11:03:00 AM

Before using this product, I could have never imagined to have hair this long. With my constant styling and lack of daily conditioner (since I do not wash it that often) my hair usually is crying out for a trim after 3 months. Forget special conditioners and leave-in treatments, this stuff will save you money and bad hair days.

Washing my hair every two days, my ends tend to dry out fast due to my constant styling and the fact that my hair is long (ends right under my bust). I apply this product after I wash my hair concentrating on the ends. I am not afraid to over apply since this stuff easily absorbs into my dry hair leaving it shiny, smooth, and smelling great. It never leaves my hair greasy and weighed down.

Keep in mind this product is not for everyone. I have relatively thick Asian hair so this stuff works well with me. Even through constant dying and styling, my stylist is still amazed at how (relatively) healthy my hair is with the help of this product.

on 6/7/2008 3:54:00 AM

For the price, it's absolutely amazing! I have long straight hair and I use it to keep my hair from getting frizzy and help protect my ends. I love it. It also makes my hair smells really nice.

on 2/29/2008 10:35:00 AM

I've only used this product for two days now, but so far it has surpassed my expectations for the price (I snagged it on sale). Makes my thick and wavy shoulder-length hair look much more shiny and polished than more expensive products that I have tried recently without weighing my roots down or making my hair look greasy. As mentioned in other reviews, the bottle is also convenient to use and two pumps provides just the right amount of product. I'm not sure if it's helping my dry ends yet, but as long as these results keep up I will definitely repurchase. UPDATE: this product works pretty well but after checking out the ingredients, I wasn't too keen on using a product with alcohol on my dry hair. I switched to got2be's glossy and it works great.

on 2/24/2008 6:43:00 PM

I was really disappointed in this. I have thick curly hair and it made no difference to it whatsover. Glad I only bought this on a sale. I will stick with the usual Pantene and Kerastase ones that do work.

on 10/24/2007 6:36:00 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this. My hair doesn't feel all that different once I put this on and the consistency is rather watery. I've only used it a couple of time on wet hair... maybe it would be better on dry hair. My bonacure split end repair is much better than this but I think that's because of all the silicone in it so I can feel the smoothness... Anyway, one good thing about this serum is that it is very light and doesn't make hair feel dirty. No, will not repurchase since I'm not even reaching for it after I wash my hair now...

on 9/11/2007 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have very fine, curly hair that has a tendency to look a bit ratty at the ends, and this serum is a godsend! I thought it would be too oily, but it's so light, once I brush it through my hair looks so nice and shiny! Really nice as a finishing product after blowdrying, and I can apply more if needed without it weighing my hair down. It's so cheap aswell for the amount you get in the bottle (which is a great design too).

on 8/16/2007 2:01:00 PM

I bought this on sale a couple months ago and just started using it (ran out of Biosilk). It's much lighter and less oily than Biosilk and gives similar results. The packaging is a convenient, plastic pump bottle. The scent is slight and fresh, which I don't really like nor dislike. I use a few pumps on my ends and it really does help to smooth and gloss my hair. I still prefer Biosilk, but this is a good product nonetheless!

This stuff is excellent and does all the things the other posters mentioned in their reviews. The first time I used it, i washed my hair, let it air dry. No conditioner that day. All i did was run some serum thru my hair. My hair looked like i spent hours on it, it was perfect. It took me under 2 minutes including the time to run the brush thru. it looked as if i used a flat or or a big-barrelled curling/straightening iron. I have thick, slightly wavy hair that is extremely difficult to straighten with a heated device and this stuff did way more than a heated styling too ever could. Honestly. All that is needed is a drop. i am ordering about 8 more bottles from my Avon rep. A few for my dd and father (he is older and puts a drop in just for shine) and a stash for me.