July 31, 2014 | 1921 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even #1

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2754

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been really impressed with this powder. I was looking for a simple powder only for touch-ups/blotting during the day, as I don't put powder over my foundation in the morning. I was having a difficult time finding something that was not as heavy as a foundation and that would not be uber-expensive. The Sephora associate recommended this Benefit product for my pale skin that does have some red splotches. She dusted some over my T-zone with a brush (instead of the sponge), and it looked great. I've been very pleased with it. After I blot with an oil-absorbing sheet in the afternoon, I just do a quick touch-up with this, and my make-up looks good as new. I do use a brush instead of the sponge, and I feel that makes a difference. I'm not crazy about the packaging. The compact in general can be difficult to open, and I would prefer a separate section (underneath) to store my brush (or sponge).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by DaisleyBur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is fantastic for my pale, acne prone, oily skin, which completely surprised me as I've never had much luck with Benefit products (colour, consistency, staying power, everything!) and this was a complete impulse buy when I was feeling rich!
I've always been rather unlucky when it comes to finding matching shades when it comes to foundations and powders, as my skin is so pale, most look either pink or orange, but this is absolutely spot on.

The packaging is fantastic, and the sponge is really durable. I've found it's much better to dab the powder on rather than stroke it on, and it lasts for so long, it's fantastic and it hasn't broken me out or anything. I've taken a lippie off because it's pretty expensive, but Benefit is, and this product is worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is supposed to be comparable to MAC's blot powder. I'm not a big fan of MAC and only have a handful of their products but this is a joke in comparison. By weight, this product has the smallest amount of powder in the pan (0.31 oz.) of all the pressed powders I own, and for $28 per pan, that's really expensive. With daily use, I hit pan after only two weeks. I have used Cover Girl pressed powders for MONTHS before showing a real dip, let alone hitting pan. I know the yellow tones in this are supposed to counteract redness in your skin, but for me, this was even too yellow. I got a jaundice-like cast to my skin that wasn't hugely noticeable but it was definitely there. As far as I could tell, MAC blot in your correct shade will not cause this problem. I think I will stick to translucent powders from now on and may go back to MAC blot when I've got extra cash to burn. Not recommended for ultra-fair PPPs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by lbk55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BeneFit Get Even in #1 seemed like exactly what I was looking for, but alas after a day or two, I noticed that my skin got hot, red and prickly/itchy with this on. Allergic reaction? It's too bad. The pale yellow of this powder really did seem to tone down the redness in my skin and at the same time, mattify better than MUFE's loose matte powder #12.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bbearcat

I've been buying this product for nearly 2 years now, and will continue to do so because it works so well for my skin tone and is a real confidence booster. Though I'm very pale I have some red discolouration above my jawline, and no powder I used seemed to both smooth and diminish the redness - but Get Even does what it says on the tin for me. Great coverage, and the "#1" shade is for once very suited to my pale skin. Love it, despite the pricetag!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by agdeierl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It's definitely my HG. I have tried practically everything for my super, super fair skin, and nothing has ever matched my skin. This did perfectly! Yes, it has a slight yellow undertone, but that's to counteract redness. It succeeds in cancelling out redness, and I love that. Even putting aside the cancelling out redness, yellow tones tend to match most skin colors better anyway, or at least that's what I've read, and I know that's true for me! For a powder, this has fabulous coverage! Some days, I can get away with only wearing this, and that's awesome. Yes, it does have a tendency to make your nose look dry/flaky, but as long as you exfoliate/moisturize, you should be fine. In my experience, as long as you don't cake it on, and you use a brush rather than the included puff, it will not look flaky! I love this powder, it's the only one I use, I use it almost every day. I've bought it three times now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I happen to think that this is the best product of its kind. And I think I've tried them all: MAC, Clinique - well, you all know the rest. It does exactly what the name implies: it evens out your skin. If you like to wear sunscreen and powder or if you need an industrial strength blotter, this is your product. It's the one product I've always had around in a purse or a drawer. I use it with the Play Sticks and I get unmoveable, unnoticeable coverage all day. Even in humidity. The #1 is light enough for the very fair. Use it with a brush or a sponge, it gives great coverage without cakeyness regardless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by zoelouise

I definately agree with the reviewer below, i have a problem with an oily T-zone too and while it does help even it out if i wear it to work by my lunchbreak it would have made my nose very flakey and patchy. However i love the fine element to it, i've never felt caked in it and on my cheeks and the rest of my face it works wonders and is flawless. However i'd look for a different more concentrated on oily skin powder if you have the same problem as me on the nose area. I would buy this product again because i love the yellow quality in the shade 01 colour as it looks much better on the skin, compared to a more orangey powder (cheaper brands i have found this with). I am very fair and on my skin it evened out perfectly and not once do i feel like an orange! For £22 i think it is pricey, however if you do not have a problem with an oily nose it will be absolutely perfect on your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Kayteejbee

I really love this product, my skin is fair with broken capalleries and I feel good sweeping this on along with their boing concealer. I don't look"made up" and that is a plus. I will be reordering this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jezera82

WOW! This is the best powder I have ever used, hands down; Well worth the hefty price tag! I bought it because I have an issue with shine -- with every other product (or none at all) my face looks like it's covered in baby oil by the end of the day, but with this, it stays completely matte. Granted, I don't have any issues with blotchiness or uneven skin tone, but I do get a few blemishes from time to time and it evens the red out in them, so they're less noticeable. It also doesn't make me break out, which is fantastic; it feels very light like I have nothing on. In general I have really good skin though, but I was looking for something to make it look flawless, and this did the job better than anything I've ever used! It makes it look like porcelain!

I just noticed a lot of people said it makes them look yellow, but I haven't had that problem at all. My skin has rosy undertones though, so maybe the pink in my cheeks cancels out the yellow. I'm also extremely pale, so that may have something to do with it too; it seems to match my skin just right!