October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Eyeliner - Shiseido - Fine Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this when I was younger because I had a voucher, I think the eyeliner isn't really great itself - nothing really impressive. I'm not a fan of liquid eyeliners, and its staying power isn't good enough for me [I have oily skin]. It doesn't last really long, and it takes a while to dry! Thankfully I got it with the voucher - I wouldn't be buying this at full price. Not gonna purchase this again as I find that gel liners work better on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by nicola9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great liquid eyeliner!!!!!!!!! It's soooooo easy to use, and it doesn't shift at all during the day or night. It is soooo easy to create a thin line, a thicker line and a winged tip.
I've often been caught in the car about to arrive at uni, without mascara, and been able to quickly apply this eyeliner in less than a minute without any problems.
Highly recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

I find the brush on this absolutely perfect. It is firm, but just flexible enough to curve and bend where I want it to when I apply pressure. This is the most fool-proof liquid eyeliner applicator I've ever used, it gives PERFECT, even lines every time and is extremely easy to control. The amount of colour it dispenses is also good, mine never puts out too much, just enough.

As for the liquid product itself, it's okay. I have the darkest black which looks lovely, but not very durable. It will stay on all day or night provided I don't perspire or have watery eyes or anything, in which case it gets ruined quite easily.

UPDATE: I bought a kanebo kate super sharp liquid eyeliner based on recommendations here, and I still think the Shiseido is way better. The brushes are both great, but the Shiseido formula is much better in my opinion - it's not as incredibly long lasting but it doesn't bleed like the kanebo one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm a fiend for liquid liner. here's how it compares to everything i've tried:

PROS

the brush is perfect! hands down. i achieve the best line and wing with it and the click pen itself is very convenient and nice to look at hehe. you don't have to click it every time, the ink stays moist.

CONS

the formula doesn't do the actual pen justice. the refill is a bit messy to deal with let alone expensive. it also doesn't have the best staying power. nice colour payoff when inked up well. just make sure you don't over click it!

OVERALL

i've kept the pen for its convenience and perfect brush (i dip it into other ink). to get the most out of it make sure you apply over a primer or eyeshadow so the ink lasts longer. it's a beautiful product, the ink just needs a little improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lilly1972

If you are looking for something to help you create a great Cat Eye - this is it. Best I have found.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why would anyone by this $35 eyeliner when there are ones that cost $12 and work the same if not better? I bought this when I was younger and didn't know about other products out there which can do the same. After using about 20x the product faded to grey, very disappointing! My HG Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner is the equivalent but does not fade even on it's last leg! (I replenish every 12months for the Kate eyeliner). I don't know why this product is still around, I guess some people just like to pay a premium for the nice packaging. Definately will never consider buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by amylo2000

easy to apply, easy to remove, the tip is very gentle
but i don't like how it smudges easily, doesn't really last long
the "liquid" doesn't run out smoothly from the tube after i pressed it... it always comes out with a big "drop" and i had to wait till the tip absorbs it..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by YourCoff1nOrM1ne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfection.

Ive tried SO many liquid liners over the last 10 years and this is officially my HG of liquid eyeliners! Its EASY to use (srsly, i don't even know how to use a pencil anymore!) and its semi water resistant i believe? i have really sensitive watery eyes and firstly since using this, my eyes don't water nearly as much as they used to, and if they do (or i cry!) the liner is never really affected. awesome!!

wish they would come out with other colours!

I have repurchased (the refill!) a few times now! and i will continue to! each refill lasts a while too! yay! its love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MOWCAM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG black liquid liner - very deep black, great staying-power easy to control application, great refill-system that makes it a really good deal. whats NOT to love?
I apply ontop of Yves Saint Laurent black pencil liner for extreme color depth and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

OMG! How can anyone say anything bad about this liner?! I wash it when its empty and put in a new cartridge like a fountain pen. I wear Black and black is plenty black. You do have to go over it 2x if you want it to be solid black which is what I do but it only takes 2 seconds. You don't have to worry about dipping it into the container, just pump the bottom and product comes out. I did find that when the cartridge is new, it comes out kinda watery but pump it, dab it on some tissue and liner comes out dark.

You can get a fine line if you pump it before you make a line and you only use the very tip. I like a thicker line so I lay it flatter against my eye to get a broader line. I have used this liner everyday except for those days when I don't leave the house for the last 10 years. The cartridges last at least 6 months for me.

$15 a cartridge is affordable once you already have the pen. The pen with a cartridge was $45 cdn when I bought. Believe it or not, I still have the same pen. The brush tip is still perfect with no stray hairs at all. The pen looks like a fountain pen... metal with a screw lid. The brush tip is soft but doesn't fall apart. I had NEVER had a bristle fall off. It is shaped to a perfect point like a paintbrush. Definately my HG since I first took it out of the box. It doesn't smudge, doesn't transfer onto my lid. Oddly, It will come off clean if your eyes water but it doesn't smudge if someone sprays you with water. I've never used it on my lower lid so I won't know how long it lasts there. I have small asian eyes and lining the lower lid in anyway other than something light - makes my eyes even smaller so I've never tried it at all on my lower lid or waterline.

It is very easy to remove. I use Shiseido gentle foaming cleanser, everything comes off. The liner doesn't leave you with aweful raccoon eyes with no rubbing or scrubbing required. I have a MAC liner that needs baby oil to remove and even then I had to scrub certain spots because it stuck to my eyelids like paint! I freaked! I never had that issue with my Shiseido liner that is for sure. I have another pen just in case my 10 year old pen (older than my second child) decided to pack it in but I don't see that happening anytime soon.