Clairol Nice 'n Easy Haircolour in Soft Black

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this thinking my hair would come out looking a natural, soft black, but instead it came out JET BLACK. It even had a blue tint to it. Also it has a smell to it and it made my eyes water. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/29/2010 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Did a great job of full coverage and did not fade straight away. Basically it did the job that I had expected my last hair dye brand to do. I am planning on using this product more in the future.

on 8/18/2010 5:48:00 PM

Echo all the very positive comments, with one caveat: READ THE BOX. Seriously, all the "it doesn't wash out or fade" comments need to stop here and now. It's a permanent hair colour . Learn to read BEFORE you put colour in your hair! Of course, you'll have crazy and obvious roots if you are fair-haired and use this product. You'd have nobody to blame but yourself! Again, read the product ingredients. This is *not* meant to be a semi-permanent colour or a demi-gloss. Do yourself a favour and be fully aware of a product's purpose and ingredients before you apply it/use it.

I was getting sick of paying so much to get my hair dyed at salons and this hair dye is the best substitute for having to sit on a chair in a salon for 2 hours. It only takes 25 minutes develop time, easy to apply and since it goes on dry hair it doesn't drip as much as wet hair would. The colour fades after 2 months to a dark brown and if your hair isn't naturally dark (mine is actually blonde) think twice about dying your hair black as your roots are extremely obvious when they come through and its hard to lighten up your hair once you've dyed it black.

on 4/2/2007 9:22:00 PM

absolutely love this color-imo looks better than many salons that i have paid $200+ for color. i highly recommend it to anyone! lots of compliments! I am going to edit this- it does NOT wash out of your hair, you have to grow it out, so if your natural color is not black- think twice before going permanent...

on 8/28/2006 2:00:00 AM

I have finally found my color. I have been paying up to $150 for hair color in a salon. My hair if very fragile and break easily. I have used home dyes before and it made my hair very dry. So I always went to the salon. I have been looking for a black hair dye that wasn't so harsh. I didn't want my hair to turn blue. So, when I found the soft black, I finally got up the courage to try it. I'm glad that I did. The color is beautiful and it didn't make my hair feel like straw. And, NO BLUE!

on 3/21/2003 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Well I have been using the soft black shade for about 4 years now, off and on. This is a great product and its not expensive. My hair is naturally very dark and I have gotten my hair dyed black at a salon before and the colour wasn't dark enough for my root. Girls, people who say that its better to get your hair dyed at a salon are full of it. Unless your making an absolute dramatic change, the box is amazing. Nice n easy has been around for a long time. I like the colour that it provides my hair with as well as shine. and for about $6-$8, it's well worth it. The only complaint I have is that when you apply it, it does drip easily.

Popular Hair Color Products