October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Shea Butter Body Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very hydrating and smells like sweet tarts to me. It contains royal jelly which is very good for your skin and has a lot of natural nutrients. I also love shea butter and this has a thick, creamy consistency that I like. It isn't greasy and penetrates well without sitting on the skin. I use this after I take a shower and concentrate it on my legs where I experience drying from shaving and this keeps them soft and smooth feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by peanutbuddy

This is my absolute favorite lotion and I used just about every lotion under the sun. I've already repurchased this many times. Comes in a tube with a flip top. Buy it at Whole Foods, health food stores or online. Prices are around $8-$10 for a tube.

Love the scent, it is very unique. Like other reviews said, its hard to describe. Its a light mellow fresh scent that is slightly sweet and floral but never overpowering. Sometimes it reminds me of sweet melons with a hint of baby powder. I cannot wear heavily scented lotions because I get headaches, but I never had a problem with this. I love that the scent lingers on my skin all day, but still is very subtle.

This lotion has great moisturizing ingredients - shea butter, safflower oil, honey and royal jelly. It is nice and thick but soaks right into skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue but leaves my skin so soft! It is not moisturizing enough for my hands, but I love for the rest of my body, especially after a shower or shaving my legs.

My only complaint is the tube isn't big enough! I would love this came in a large bottle with a pump dispenser. Highly recommend this lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Now I have found my HG body cream. I LOVE the scent, very sweet like herbal flowers, but subtle. The moisturizing is perfect for the dry, arid climate I live in. Shea butter is one of the best ingredients, along with honey & Royal Jelly, to form a protective and nourishing layer that penetrates deep into the skin. My only complaint is that I wish they had a body wash or soap that went along with it :O)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2004 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MoonRiverNight

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great body cream! It has nice, natural ingredients, and a very fresh clean scent. It doesn't smell like shea butter. You really can't go wrong with this cream. It doesn't leave me too greasy, either. I bought mine at Whole Foods.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 8:48:00 AM More reviews by staceyrose

I absolutely love this. It's very moisturising on my fairly dry skin and has a nice light scent. It doesn't sink right in - I can feel it on my skin at the end of the day, but it's not sticky. I also have very itchy skin and when I wear this I don't itch at all. I haven't seen it in many shops in England - I got mine in Sainsburys on the natural skin care section for 7.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2003 1:17:00 AM More reviews by megzmegz

MMMM, this cream smells so light and fresh. I can't really desribe it, but it's VERY pleasant. It also has a great texture. It doesn't leave me greasy or shiny, but also isn't the most moisiturizing. Nonetheless, I love it! :D

Ingredients: Deionized water, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, safflower oil, octyl palmitate, shea butter, cyclomethicone, sorbitan stearate, caprylic triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, squalane, emulsifying wax n.f., hyaluronic acid, tocopheryl acetate, matricaria extract, honey, rosemary extract, royal jelly, lemon oil, orange oil, lime oil, bois de rose, grapefruit oil, nutmeg oil, clove leaf oil, cedarwood oil, sodium pca, aminomethyl propanol, glycerin, corn starch, retinyl palmitate, carbomer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2003 5:22:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

This is a nice body moisturizer. It is so rich and creamy, but it isn't greasy. It is packed full of natural ingredients, including lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit, and nutmeg oils. And of course, shea butter! This is a very hydrating lotion that is perfect for your hands and body. It smells good, is in a big tube, and isn't tested on animals.

It says that "Desert Essence Shea Butter is a West African treasure extracted from the Shea Tree nuts grown in protected and ecologically cultivated areas of the African Savannah. These protected, rare and exotic trees reach maturity only after 40 years sustained growth."

No animal ingredients or testing.
No alcohol, artificial detergents, color or synthetic perfumes.

Perfect for fall/winter to keep the dry skin away :) continued >>