July 22, 2014 | 2286 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Angaliene

I love this lipstick! It is extremely pigmented, and the packaging is lovely. It doesn't go on incredibly smooth, however. I don't think this necessarily dries out your lips, but it also doesn't do anything to moisturize them. I always wear a balm underneath before applying this. I also typically glide some gloss on because the colors I got, Pink Posy and Pink Petal, both look a little dry on. I ADORE these colors for summertime, and DEFINITELY plan to repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shade in "Flawless" and it's the perfect nude shade. I top it with a colorless lipgloss and it stays on for hours. Even without the lipgloss, I find it stays moist for several hours without getting cakey or drying out my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

i purchased this in (the now discontinued) 'elegant' and was a huge fan of the color when it was summer and my skin was a little more golden. it's a warm honeyish beige with just enough pink/peach to make it natural and pretty. in the colder months though, when i'm paler, the color is a little too dark and shows up more brown than anything on my medium-pigmented lips. other than that, i really like this product line. it's moisturizing, the finish is silky and soft and doesn't ever appear chalky, and is very wearable. the staying power is so-so but it's more a casual lipstick that i'm okay with just swiping on periodically throughout the day. great for folks who aren't really lipstick people.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since Smashbox Pout is my favorite gloss of all time and I wear it pretty much everyday, I became really excited when I saw that SB added Pout lipstick to their line, and I knew I had to have it. I have very plum pigmented lips which isn't great if you want to wear this lipstick as it's sheer BUT with a few layers, it works, and it works wonderfully. The color is the prettiest pink I have ever seen and worn under Pout gloss (the way I am wearing it), I have what can best be described as "Barbie" lips. I have always thought and believe that SB glosses give the illusion of fuller lips so you get a pouty pucker with this duo. If you don't have very pigmented lips, you can easily wear Pout lipstick alone but anyway you wear it, you get full looking shiny luscious looking lips and this lipstick has great staying power. It's not cheap at $22 but it's worth every cent to me so I am giving it 5 lippies and a major rave.

Edited: Having now worn this lipstick for a few days, I realize it's a little too sheer especially if like me, you have very plum pigmented lips. I am now over the initial OMG I have to have this shade as it's so beautiful stage and reality has settled in. I suspect this lipstick may be too sheer for many so as beautiful as it is, I had to change my original review because I have to use approximately 4 layers to even see the color on my lips so it is going to run out quickly and if I really want color, I'm finding I need to layer it five or six times so I will not be repurchasing this lipstick. Instead, I will use the Pout gloss which goes on more heavily so less is needed per application and I'm very disappointed as this is one of the prettiest pinks I've ever seen but I can still achieve all the glamour with POUT gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Picked up 'Magnificent' which is part of their photo finish lipstick line. Love the colour it is a neutral pink with a hint of brown and peach. Very creamy, smooth, moisturizing, and glides on nicely. I find that it doesn't last at all and I'm constantly touching it up throughout the day. For a $25 dollar lipstick I was expecting way more staying power! I don't think I will be purchasing any further shades in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I ended up swapping for one of Smashbox's lippies (attitude) on whim, because the colour looked gorgeous. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. It's just as gorgeous on my lips as it looks in the tube. It's creamy enough going on and has nice subtle shimmer, I just wish it was a little less drying. Overall, a nice lipstick, but I doubt I'll go looking for any more of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the lasting power is pretty good, but indeed not the best, i still love this lipstick tho (i have the shiny gray metal looking lipstick in "elegant"). it's super moisturizing when compared to most lipsticks and almost gives me a nice moist looking sheen to my lips. i also love this color which i can't find anywhere else. the color's similar to mac's siss but not as pallid.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyez

I absolutely love the feel of Smashbox lipstick on my lips. It is moisturizing and smooth. The colours are flattering on any skin tone IMO. However, the staying power isnt the greatest. It definitely does not sustain eating a meal. I will still repurchase because of the moisturizing effects.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color payoff of Smashbox lipsticks in very good and the color stays on longer than most brands. This is probably the reason why I find them drying to my lips but that can be remedied by using a lipbalm under or over the lipstick. Their color selection is very nice and the colors usually look better on than they do in the tube. Another plus is that these lipsticks do not have any scent. I still prefer my Holy Grail Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks but these are definately worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by AuntieV

SMASHBOX Photo Finish Lipstick With Sila-Silkô Technology in SUBLIME, is wonderful. It goes on smooth and stays for quite a while and my job requires me to be on the phone alot. I have fair skin and not so white teeth, but this lipstick in this color make my lips and teeth look like a movie stars! I am soo amazed! I will most definitely buy this again. I cannot stand for my lips to feel dry and this lipstick doesn't make them feel that way. I can just add some of my Murad lip balm to my lips after a few hours and it refreshes my lipstick and remoistens my lips.