August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Ultra Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I make my own toning conditioner as my dark blonde ombre hair goes very golden during the summer. I mix a cup of conditioner to a teaspoon of Ultra Violet and leave it on damp clean hair for about 15 mins. It leaves my hair silky and I get better results than any purple toning conditioner I have used. Just watch you don't mix it too strong or it will make you lavender. I find using a silicone free conditioner in my mix works best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AlaynaAnarchy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bleached my hair and then dyed it with purple haze Splat hair dye. The color turned out uneven and a more of a pink color. I then decided to use Ultra Violet Manic Panic hair dye and the color at first was beautiful. But now (three washes later) it's no longer bright. It's more of a dark pastel. It's a good product but does not last long. Don't use it unless you intend on buying it again and again to keep it the color you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I've been using manic panic for 13 years. I love it. I've tried raw, special effects, hot topic brand. None compare. Some may last longer, but aren't nice to my hair. I have tried all the blue, pinks, and purples they offer. I always come back to ultra violet. I leave it on all night on freshly washed (bleached) hair. Rinse with cool water, condition, and have beautiful results! It can be a reddish purple indoors, super blue outside, it's amazing how different light effects the pigment. If you go no-poo (conditioner only) the color lasts for months. It fades beautifully to a pastel purple. I'll continue to buy this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use a teensy dab of this in whatever conditioner (white, cone free - lately I've been favoring GVP k-pak to give a nice protein boost but suave coconut works great too) to make a white toner for pale yellow bleached hair. It's waaaaay more cost effective than virgin snow and you can control the toner strength. Leave in for however long... It's good for the hair. Just be careful if you care about going silver/greyish/lavender cause that can and will happen if you're too heavy-handed. Highly recommend! My one jar doesn't have a dent and has lasted a year! Brings you to white if done right.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jessmilley

this product did work with my hair very well, i suggest leaving it in longer than thirty minutes if you want it to last. depending on how much hair you have, you might need more than one container, because i ran out of dye when i first did it.
the price is a bit steep in my opinion, but otherwise a great product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Ultra Violet seems to be a medium-dark blue-toned purple in the jar and the name implies a bit of indigo and a bit of purple mixed together. In the jar, it remains true to the idea of violet. I assumed the "Ultra" part would mean a bit more on the neon side with ultraviolet rays being bright. It's a royal purple that fades to an icy blue after many washes. This is one color where any red fades and all the blue is left behind, which is amazing for semi-permanent hair color. I mix this with Purple Haze and conditioner to get a brighter purple that fades to a pretty pastel purple. Purple Haze is a bit too red, Ultra-Violet a bit too blue, and the combination works perfectly. 4 stars for the color name being slightly deceptive but it remaining a vital part of my hair regiment.

I love to color my hair, or parts of it, bright colors and I've been bleaching and dying my own hair since I was 13. Manic Panic gives better and more predictable results than the other semi-permanent dyes available. Bleaching and toning my hair gives me a shade very close to cream so every color I've tried goes on very true. I mix most of the colors with conditioner to get a brighter, even color that fades to pastel or starts as pastel. Suave Naturals or Alberto VO5 are perfect for this (I don't use others due to the ingredients not being optimum for my hair type.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the intention on ombreing my hair from light blue to a purple. It didnt happen that way though. I applied it to my tips and blasted it with a blow dryer until it dryed to make sure the color lasted. when i rinsed it it was exactly what i wanted, more of a bluish violet color. though when i got up the next morning it had somehow changed into a royal blue?!?! anyways im still giving it a three because the results were still beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by heidi1990

I wasn't looking to get violet hair but silver hair instead. I bought this with the intention of unsing it as a toner. I mixed half n half conditioner with dye. I left it on for 5 minutes on my level 8 yellow bleached hair. when I washed it off it was the most perfect shade of silver. It got a crazy amount of compliments on it. The color faded and within 6 washes it went from a cool grey to a pretty ashy blonde. My hair hasn't turned yellow yet so I would definetly recomend as a toner. I did try purple haze which lasted a 15 to 20 washes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly my hair turned cobalt blue rather than the lovely blurple I was expecting...so make sure your hair is blonde as blonde can be before trying this out. It also looks like it's fading fairly quickly, so I'm going to try another brand. On the bright side, it's a pretty nifty way of getting true blue hair without having to bleach out all of the orange from your hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first Manic Panic hair dye I ever used. I purchased it expecting a nice purple, but instead I ended up with a royal blue. It didn't look bad at all, mind you, but I was still a little disappointed.

After a couple of days, it began to fade. At about the third day, it turned to purple... but then it started fading steadily from there. By the fifth day, you've got GREY. Out of all the Manic Panic colours I've tried, which is a lot, this one fades the fastest and to the most unpleasant colour.

Ultra Violet is a half-decent hair dye, but I don't like the way it fades to grey. I don't think I'll be buying this one again.