November 1, 2014 | 957 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Ultra Violet

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color was mistaken for blue the day after I used it. In certain lighting, it does appear quite blue, but outside, it's a beautiful shade of purple. I've used purple shades in the past that were more or less a deep burgandy that faded to a copper. This however is a blue toned color. Even when it fades I like the different shades I get. I use this on my clean, dry ashy blonde hair, cover with a plastic cap for an hour then rinse. This color bleeds waaaay less than other temporary dyes. I've used splat and had to walk away from the sink after 5-10 minutes because the color would not stop running out. Ultra violet only takes about a minute for the water to run clear. A couple of tips, this stuff stains! And even though I place all the stuff I'll need on paper towels, I still manage to get a big blobs on my sink . Because I didn't want to touch my doorknob or cabinets, I tried rinsing the stain soon after spilling and then rubbing my toothpaste into the stain. It lifted it better than my bathroom cleaner! It was a whitening toothpaste. I also buy high quality black latex gloves from the home improvment store. I always seem to rip the thumbs of the cheaper gloves. I also use a toothbrush to apply the dye. I can get very close to my roots without giving myself a purple scalp. I buy the cheapest ones I can find. I paid under $4 for a pack of 6. As far as keeping the color looking bright, I've heard of people adding some of the color to their shampoo and conditioner. I just don't wash it for the next 5 days or so. I still rinse it and don't notice purple water unless I am washing it. Hasn't stained my tub either. Paid about $12 for a 4oz bottle. It also comes in a little tub for the same price for the same amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by LilyTaylor16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very popular product, and I can understand why. It's a beautiful blue-toned violet that rinses out very quickly. When I first used it, it turned a dark royal blue. After washing it, it was a lovely violet color. After a few more washings, it faded quickly. It went from royal blue to violet to a lighter violet to a grey lavender blonde color. This is a lovely color, but I just wish it lasted longer. (I haven't tried the amplified formula, though.) The little pot packaging is very cute and easy to use and store. And you get a good amount of product for the price, relative to other direct dyes. I've used this on a medium golden blonde base, and the yellow tones didn't make the coloe look muddy at all. My results were gorgeous and very vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I make my own toning conditioner as my dark blonde ombre hair goes very golden during the summer. I mix a cup of conditioner to a teaspoon of Ultra Violet and leave it on damp clean hair for about 15 mins. It leaves my hair silky and I get better results than any purple toning conditioner I have used. Just watch you don't mix it too strong or it will make you lavender. I find using a silicone free conditioner in my mix works best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AlaynaAnarchy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bleached my hair and then dyed it with purple haze Splat hair dye. The color turned out uneven and a more of a pink color. I then decided to use Ultra Violet Manic Panic hair dye and the color at first was beautiful. But now (three washes later) it's no longer bright. It's more of a dark pastel. It's a good product but does not last long. Don't use it unless you intend on buying it again and again to keep it the color you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I've been using manic panic for 13 years. I love it. I've tried raw, special effects, hot topic brand. None compare. Some may last longer, but aren't nice to my hair. I have tried all the blue, pinks, and purples they offer. I always come back to ultra violet. I leave it on all night on freshly washed (bleached) hair. Rinse with cool water, condition, and have beautiful results! It can be a reddish purple indoors, super blue outside, it's amazing how different light effects the pigment. If you go no-poo (conditioner only) the color lasts for months. It fades beautifully to a pastel purple. I'll continue to buy this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use a teensy dab of this in whatever conditioner (white, cone free - lately I've been favoring GVP k-pak to give a nice protein boost but suave coconut works great too) to make a white toner for pale yellow bleached hair. It's waaaaay more cost effective than virgin snow and you can control the toner strength. Leave in for however long... It's good for the hair. Just be careful if you care about going silver/greyish/lavender cause that can and will happen if you're too heavy-handed. Highly recommend! My one jar doesn't have a dent and has lasted a year! Brings you to white if done right.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jessmilley

this product did work with my hair very well, i suggest leaving it in longer than thirty minutes if you want it to last. depending on how much hair you have, you might need more than one container, because i ran out of dye when i first did it.
the price is a bit steep in my opinion, but otherwise a great product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Ultra Violet seems to be a medium-dark blue-toned purple in the jar and the name implies a bit of indigo and a bit of purple mixed together. In the jar, it remains true to the idea of violet. I assumed the "Ultra" part would mean a bit more on the neon side with ultraviolet rays being bright. It's a royal purple that fades to an icy blue after many washes. This is one color where any red fades and all the blue is left behind, which is amazing for semi-permanent hair color. I mix this with Purple Haze and conditioner to get a brighter purple that fades to a pretty pastel purple. Purple Haze is a bit too red, Ultra-Violet a bit too blue, and the combination works perfectly. 4 stars for the color name being slightly deceptive but it remaining a vital part of my hair regiment.

I love to color my hair, or parts of it, bright colors and I've been bleaching and dying my own hair since I was 13. Manic Panic gives better and more predictable results than the other semi-permanent dyes available. Bleaching and toning my hair gives me a shade very close to cream so every color I've tried goes on very true. I mix most of the colors with conditioner to get a brighter, even color that fades to pastel or starts as pastel. Suave Naturals or Alberto VO5 are perfect for this (I don't use others due to the ingredients not being optimum for my hair type.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the intention on ombreing my hair from light blue to a purple. It didnt happen that way though. I applied it to my tips and blasted it with a blow dryer until it dryed to make sure the color lasted. when i rinsed it it was exactly what i wanted, more of a bluish violet color. though when i got up the next morning it had somehow changed into a royal blue?!?! anyways im still giving it a three because the results were still beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by heidi1990

I wasn't looking to get violet hair but silver hair instead. I bought this with the intention of unsing it as a toner. I mixed half n half conditioner with dye. I left it on for 5 minutes on my level 8 yellow bleached hair. when I washed it off it was the most perfect shade of silver. It got a crazy amount of compliments on it. The color faded and within 6 washes it went from a cool grey to a pretty ashy blonde. My hair hasn't turned yellow yet so I would definetly recomend as a toner. I did try purple haze which lasted a 15 to 20 washes