September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Other - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Sunblock Stick SPF30

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by yoniyum

This is my favorite daily sunscreen. I am sensitive to fragrances, but this smells light and nice. I love the packaging because it's small and easy to carry in my purse. I also love the stick application so I don't have to get sunscreen all over my fingers.

Unfortunately, I think this product has been discontinued. I can't find it anywhere and it isn't even listed on the Neutrogena website anymore. I'll try the baby version to see how it compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I would buy this product again if I could find it! It never seems to be in stock, even during the very hottest part of summer in Texas. Whenever I see it in a store I buy a few because they're hard to find. There are generic versions and kids' versions that are pretty similar, but I prefer the nice citrus-y scent of the original.

I use this on my ears when I'm doing high-exposure outdoor activities and keep it for ski trips so I can apply sunscreen to my face without having to get my hands or gloves messy.

It's best for avoiding age spots and icky discoloration on the tops of your feet and the backs of your hand. I swipe a little on the backs of my hands every time I go out the door, and the difference in the condition of my hands and my arms is making me think that maybe I should be more careful about putting it on my arms, too! I never have to worry about washing sunscreen off my hands or leaving suncreen-y fingerprints on my car doors or purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like to keep this convenient little stick in my purse for touchups during the day. I use it on my hands, arms, face as needed. It seems to do a good job of blocking harmful rays and I've never had a sunburn while wearing this. The scent is light and refreshing citrus.
To use on my face I apply to my palms, rub them together, then apply to my face. Otherwise, my face feels gunky if I apply straight off the stick.
I give 4 lippies because it does sting if I get it near the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I love this little stick! I put SPF on my face ritually every single day, but I'm perpetually forgetting my hands, which get tons of sun while I'm driving everywhere. So, I purchased this stick to keep in my purse so I can easily apply it when I'm out, and there's no danger of leaking. The sunscreen itself is decent, perhaps a tad greasy, but since I only use it for the tops of my hands I'm not too concerned about that (wouldn't use it on my face though). It glides on smoothly and it has a citrus scent which doesn't disturb me, nothing too extreme. This is a staple in my purse and I will continue to rebuy as long as they make it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i like this a lot for the back of my hands, i don't use it on my face, but i use it when i feel like the top of my hands will get some sun exposure.

the citrus smell is light, and i don't mind it, but fragrance free is always the best.

i use this on my lips sometimes as a lip balm and it works.

***********
update 2/8/12
I can no longer recommend this because it is unstable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute must have spf for summer because I always get caught out in the sun unexpectedly or need to touch up w/extra coverage mid day and this stick is a lifesaver I can carry in my bag all the time. Not too greasy, shows up a tiny bit as a sheen but not bad. This saves my nose and cheeks all summer from getting freckles. Price is cheap too and it lasts me for months. I toss one in my DH's backpack since otherwise he can forget to take sunscreen on trips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by tennis4life

Let me start out by saying I am soooo incredibly picky when it comes to putting lotions/creams/sunblock/makeup/basically anything on my face. I have strange skin--super oily but sensitive, which is a terrible combination when searching for something to combat oil but not irritate my skin nor break it out. I bought the Neutrogena SPF 30 Stick to protect my face when I'm out in the sun and when I occasionally go tanning (gasp!). Because anything with a sunblock usually greases up my skin pretty well, I don't always use it which I know is not good by any means. However, with this product my skin does not get any oilier than usual and my skin has a nice glow to it, not to mention it its protected from the sun! For now I just use this on my face and little spots on my body that I do not want sun exposure, and it works wonderfully. I use other sunblocks for the rest of my body, however. I do not think I would use it for my entire body because it is a little small and I think would be tedious to rub over larger areas, however, if Neutrogena made this product in a larger stick, I would definitely buy to use for my whole body. Also, it's very convenient for when you are on the go and don't have a lot of time or want to take a lot of time to apply sunblock. A must have for any active girl on the go!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

I hate this stuff... but I have a feeling I'll keep coming back too it. Makes my skin feel so gross and oily, even in the winter months. I don't understand these good ratings... do I have a bad one? My skin gets very dry... so I'm baffled as to why this stuff makes me feel oily. By midday, my t zone feels awful and my cheeks feel somewhat dry (as if the oily feeling absorbed into my cheeks but no where else). It has a mild citrus like scent which is ok... and it's convenient... I'm skeptical about trying those ultra sheer/matte sunblocks as I use this in place of moisturizer (i have yet to find one I like for a decent price)... So I don't know. I just hate how greasy I feel. I don't look super greasy/oily.. it looks that stupid 'dewy' look Sephora has been promoting lately..

why would anyone want to look 'dewy?'

But it works.. so for now.. until someone surprises me with a ton of sun block samples.. I guess I'm stuck here.

I used NO-AD baby formula spf 30 sunblock stick before this and liked it a lot... I just cant find it anywhere anymore. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by hetj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to add my thoughts on this product.

I think this is a wonderful product. The packaging is so convenient and easily portable. Because of the packaging, this is what I would send to my husband while he was stationed in Iraq. This is perfect for the dry desert climate of Iraq and here in New Mexico. I can understand that this might not work for someone who lives in a humid climate, but for me, this is a God send. I love the fact that I can keep it in my bag and swipe the back of my hands when driving (well, before driving).

I have extremely sensitive skin and this product has never been a problem. I wear Jane Iredale pressed foundation on top and my skin looks very natural. Overall, I am still impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Susann_777

I love that this is so tiny & portable - I love the quick & easy application! I can whip this out of my purse or pocket (it takes up no space at all) & apply for much needed sun-protection.
Downside: it contains a light fragrance (so far it hasn't caused any breakouts), and really, if only it were a little cheaper.
Not totally sure about repurchasing since I just ordered JI's loose mineral powder, which contains suncreen, but will say 'yes' for now.
UPDATE: Wore it at work one day & turned super shiny after 4 hours. I'm afraid to put it on now (never looked so shiny in my life!). Will not repurchase. continued >>