October 31, 2014 | 1042 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - UV Expert SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

When I first found this sunscreen I could not believe my luck. I had stumbled across an Avo-free Mexoryl/Tinosorb S sunscreen in London- Hallelujah! Even the matte glow finish was awesome. Then came the bad: no expiry date- anywhere! Not on the box, the tube- nada, nothing! Not even a manufacture date. We know how important sunscreen is and as I have written on a previous Lancome review, I am not happy to risk using an inactive spf that could have been perishing on a shelf for the last two years. It’s not worth it. Shame, as this would have been HG. As a result this is my HG: Skinceuticals Ultra Facial Defence Spf 50 which contains identical SS ingredients (Mexoryl/Tinosorb without the Avobenzone or Octocrylene) and has a printed expiry date. HTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Shiseido sunscreen line for a long time until recently I bought this sunscreen at duty free during my trip to Asia. It seems to be very popular so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't hesitant to purchase because majority of my skincare products are from Lancome anyways.

This product was very weird to be as I was used to using a runny, lotion like Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion. But as I got used to this, I can see why it's very popular in Asia.

Asians seriously HATE white casts that sunscreens often leave upon application. That's why Shiseido Anessa sunscreens are so popular in Japan, China, Korea etc.

Lancome UV Expert does leave a slight white cast but it's very minimal. Also the consistently is light and easy to apply on your face. But this sunscreen seems to SET. It's a weird word. Foundations set. But this sunscreen sets too in a similar way. After 1-2 minutes upon application, it seems to take on a non-budging, non-greasy but very tacky texture. It is NOT STICKY.

And if you're applying a foundation on top, it applies and acts like a base (at least for me). I am not a fan of silicone based primers because they are too slippery for my preference. I actually like this tacky texture which helps my foundation stay put on my face for a long time. I personally find that this sunscreen acts like a base for foundation.

SPF 50 is a great protection and I do not mind the fragrance at all. It doesn't linger around for too long. Walk it off.

So all in all, I would repurchase this sunscreen. I actually use this and Shiseido sunscreen depending on my daily preference and needs. Good Good Good. Try it at a counter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by LovelyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am writing a review for Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield SPF 50 PA+++ (Translucent white)

I am a loyal customer of this marvelous UV protection for about 4 years now and after I had switched to another well-received brand of sunblock which is light and non-greasy a week ago, I decided to stick with Lancome's UV protection SPF 50 and probably hold on to it forever in the hope that they will continue to reinvent a greater product or at least until I know of a strong competitor.

What I like about this product is its lightweight texture, moisturizing ingredients, the power to grant a fairer and younger complexion, and the prevention of further pigmentations. It brightens up my complexion, giving radiance which enhances my features in photographs. Hence, it's more than just a simple sunblock. I like the fact that it is not too light or watery unlike other sunblocks that Iíve tried such that I am convinced that the protection has not evaporated away and fulfilling its 12 hour protection claim. I became even more convinced when I wore it to the beach for about 3 hours and I did not get sunburnt which is good for a fair skin lover like me and I am determined to maintain it.

I agree that as hours pass, my complexion gets more dewy looking (partly due to my combination skin), but with some powder on (loose powder or foundation) not neglecting the makeup base, my complexion stays matte all day.

I will highly recommend Lancome's UV protection SPF50 for those who love to be fair, protect against UVA & UVB and seeking to prevent pigmentations. I will recommend that you use together with Lancomeís exceptional whitening skincare for radiance and crystal clear skin. I hope this product review is useful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Lancome UV Expert GN Shield SPF50 PA+++ (the normal version).
This product is perfect. The texture is light, not greasy and doesn't have a white cast at all, it looks like a classic moisturizer. The protection is very good plus there is a pollution protection for 12 hours. I would have preferred a pump but that's fine. The only downside is the price, i paid 60$ on internet because this product is not available in France but i definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by kismis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Lancome UV Expert GN Shield SPF50 PA+++ (not the tinted version or the BB cream, which I reviewed separately).

Great product! I tried its predecessors before (UV Expert SPF50) about 7-8 years ago and found the older formulations to be too greasy and so I had been using the lighter, more fluid Japanese sunscreens (Biore, Sunplay) as and when I remember.

Glad to have given this a try again because now it is my HG. Comes out creamy but spreads and absorbs into my combi-oily skin really well and easily. I leave it to dry and absorb for about 2-3 minutes before patting on my day's powder or foundation, if I am wearing makeup. I have become so religious about wearing this sunblock, I put it on while at home too in my sunny country.

It seems to work well as a makeup base too as I find my makeup lasting longer when I wear this. And it definitely does not oil me up as quickly as other sunscreen bases do. I also tried Clarins UV HP Day and whilst the texture of that is more fluid, it is greasy on me and tends to come off from my skin.

The most AMAZING thing is that I had some dark spots along my jawline and within 8 months of usage, the dark spots have completely disappeared. And as the only consistent thing in my routine had been the sunscreen, I am attributing it to its excellent protection that didn't allow further sun ray attack to worsen the spots.

No whitish cast in photos, no sunscreen smell, just a pleasant everyday sunblock that does its job especially in my hot humid country. I have become religious about putting this one because it is such a pleasure and it works!
Just taking a lippie off because its pricey for sure, so I buy mine in the travel duo (50ml each bottle) from the departure lounge at the airport where it is half the price it is downtown.
Will repurchase and continue to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by kyo31

How come I feel burning? on both my face and hands.
especially when I was sweating. It makes my skin so dry. the color is good. I guess it better for oilly skin type.
I don't know if I should continue to use it on my face.
btw, my is UV Expert, GN-shield, BB Base, SPF 50 PA++++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

My favourite! This sunscreen has no typical sunscreeny smell, nor leave typical sticky feeling. The texture is almost like lotion. I have been using this for 7 years. Apparently, it is supposed to be good for your skin too. I don't know if it is the best sunscreen out there, but it is the only one that I don't dislike it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture is quite liquid and does not feel sticky on my face after application. It has a nice perfumery scent and can be quite strong (in my opinion) for sensitive nose peeps. It is easy to apply on and does not leave a whitish cast on the face. It blends well with BB cream as well. It is easily washed off too. If not for the price, I would make it as my staple sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by petrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I finally switched my years of loyalty in lance bra d to otsher Japanese skincare products finally.I wouldn't do so until I experienced and understand the meaning of pigment,sun spots or melasma.I have been using this sunscreen faithfully in my hot tropical ASEAN country with 30-35c degrees daily.However,I developed a patch of brown pigment on my right cheek with my medium fair flawless skin after my 1 nth summer vacation in las Vegas,Virginia,San Diego.This is horrible and pretty sad,cos I did whitening mask eve alternate day with hydrating mask,yet the lance spot eraser,hydrating cream and sunblock did not prevent me from this UVA damage.

I spent a lot of money in trying out by expensive whitening serums like lancome advance whitening absolue serum,cle de peau serum(usd150),still just lighten but not erasing my patch of pigment which I hv to get a concealed to cover the Mark.

Switched to Chanel,Christian Dior and Shiseido sunscreen and prefer them over lancome.But,so far I like Chanel and Shiseido,followed by CD sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by erica420

Overall, itís a good sunscreen. If I wear it without foundation/powder/any face makeup, my face gets oily about four hours into the day even on my dry skin. If I wear it with makeup, the degree of oiliness varies depending on which makeup I use.

I do think itís a good sunscreen, but I will not buy it again and go back to my HG sun screen Chanel UV Essential which, in my opinion, is better and a tad bit cheaper.