December 22, 2014 | 1636 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Suivez mon Regard - Bleu Trompe L'Oeil 08

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by SugarCyanide

This shadow is GREAT for highlighting! I use this most often right under the brows and the inner corner of the eyes, used in this manner it works for every skin tone. I do a lot of stage make up and pair this with a silver cream base for extra pop that shows up beautifully under bright stage lights. I like the packaging because it contains the loose eye-shadow from spilling everywhere and makes it great to travel with when I am on the road. This product is definitely for the more experienced makeup users and is well worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful color and it gives an almost ethereal look on pale skin. The color is an iridescent blue white that looks different depending on the lighting. My only complaint is that the brush makes it hard to apply, and sticking my brushes in the slot is too risky - it bends bristles!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lastbeautflgirl

I love this stuff! This was the first color I purchased, and I've since purchased a couple more. They're all great! I typically use this color as a highlight or in the inner corner near my tear ducts. It's shimmery, but not immature or straight-up glittery. I would definitely repurchase this, as well as many other colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

I like the packaging. If bourjois would make these in more intriguing colors I would probably buy a lot of them -- once you learn how not to spill the powder all over yourself they're fun to apply. But this color just did not suit me. I thought it might work since I have cool undertones and my skin is kind of pale, but it didn't at all. It was a very frosty blue-white. I could see this being absolutely astonishing on someone with very pale skin, blue eyes, and light blonde hair. I have dark hair and brown eyes that have a greenish tinge sometimes, and it just looked sort of out of place on my face. I suppose I should have known -- generally shadows must be dark and brownish to work on me. I may try the same product in a different color in the future, however.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by bairn

In case you're wondering, I'm the one who has ruined this eye shadow's perfect score here. I like the cute tricky packaging. It takes time and patience to figure it out, its messy but neat nonetheless. The reason for three lippies here is the fact that this particular shade doesn't go with my coloring at all. I'm a neutral PPP with blue eyes and auburn brown hair and this color shows up as transparent bluish lavender shimmer on me. It does, however, have a great wow effect and even I can make it work with other eye shadows. See, I have this male friend whos known me for years, and the first time he saw me wearing this, his reaction was Oh wow, you've put some make up on. Well, duh, like nearly every day for the past ten years. But of course, you dont say that, you say So, how do you like it? And he says: Its...interesting. It really is. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 11:58:00 PM More reviews by marnif

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dumped as much as I could out into a 5 g sample jar and gave away the rest of the package (now it fits into my pigment collection). Astonishingly beautiful effect as a highlighting wash over my whole lid. It was reflective with an interesting shift in color with the light, but not so shiny or glittery that I felt too disco for the office--or if it was too disco, no one said so. I'm awaiting many more of these in a swap...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by bekki6758

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bourjois Suivez Mon Regard loose eyeshadows are finely milled and give off a beautiful metallic like sheen. They come in little containers with their own brush which I thought was a great idea, but it's very hard to use without getting e/s everywhere, better off dumping into a sample pot imo.

Bleu trompe-l'oeil is my favorite Bourjois e/s so far and is a *beautiful* shimmery white that turns into a blue/lavendar color once applied. Looks even better when used wet, would definitely buy again though I doubt I could ever use up an entire container!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pamv03842

This color is amazing! It's very ethereal - I love it. The packaging is good, in concept, but I don't like the brush that comes with it. Made a mess all over my face! I use my own brushes and take small amounts of shadow off the sides of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cete

I absolutely love these Bourjois shadows. I also have Ambre, but Bleu trompe-l'oeil is a more unusual shade and so my current favourite. It's a really hyacinth blue type colour that goes brilliantly with navy liner and mascara. It's quite a dark toned blue so doesn't look too brash. It lasts really well and only creases a little. These are the best eyeshadows out in drug store land at the mo, imho

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

There's loads of light-reflecting particles in the powder, which is applied via a brush attached to the cap. The eyeshadow's range of colours look impressive on the shelf and you can definitely replicate that colour on your lids, if you do it the right way. You have to use this stuff WET. In other words, you have to dip the brush applicator in a bit of water, then run it through the shimmery powder in the bottle, before applying it on your lids. If you apply it this way, it stays put for hours without budging. Fantastic colour and texture. I love it!