Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel

4.5

Water, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methyl Gluceth 20, Sorbitan Stearate, Isopentane, Sorbitol Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride, Isobutane, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Butylparaben

on 2/21/2015 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used to using my EOS Shave Cream. That was out of stock so I decided to try this. EOS is so thick & takes long to shave & I still have stubble the next day. With this I have to be very careful & had to learn to shave gently only once to avoid cutting myself since the formula is so thin & not much of a cream (which is duh the "gel" part). But once learned how to use properly this gives a very close shave & I can go two/three days without shaving which is unheard of for someone with thick, dark, Hispanic leg/underarm hair.

on 11/8/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so sad because I heard and read so many good reviews about this shave gel. 1) I didn't like the smell 2) I was shaving more than I use too before 3) I don't think it's worth the price. In my opinion it's just an ordinary shave gel just a different brand with different claims. It claimed it helps you shave less often but that is so not true. I have dark thick hair and I found myself shaving more than what I did before. I couldn't stand the smell and it had said it was lightly fragranced which I don't believe it was. Definitely won't be repurchasing this.

on 9/28/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My new favorite shave gel! It has a soft fragrance that doesn't last on my skin, there is a good amount for the price, it doesn't leave a rust ring in the shower, and most importantly it gets the job done.

on 9/18/2013 7:51:00 AM

This shave gel is a staple in my routine. I have sensitive skin which is very prone to itching, redness and rashes. In addition the skin on my legs is very dry and flaky. Shaving gels normally aggravate my skin and leave me feeling even more itchy and dry. This Aveeno shave gel is gentle enough to use wherever I need to and it doesn't strip my skin like some highly fragranced gels can. It is supposed to reduce the need for shaving but I think this is just a gimmick. My hair grows very fast and I have noticed no reduction in hair growth or thickness since using this. But this won't stop me using it. I love the way this smells, like almonds. My SO uses this too and so the unisex fragrance works well for both of us.

This is a definite repurchase for me (and for SO) and I am glad that it is easily available locally (CVS and Walgreens) rather than me having to order online.

on 9/9/2013 6:19:00 PM

I usually get bumps if I shave that won't go away unless I use a product like nair for about a month or more. I get no bumps if I use this :) I generally dislike shaving because my hair grows back too fast but if I must shave this is the shaving gel I'd use or risk having ugly bumps on my legs.

on 9/9/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product works well for a smooth shave but the smell really bothered me. Maybe it's supposed to be unisex? Hard to describe the smell but I disliked it so much that I threw it out after three uses. Also, not that it matters but the packaging is really ugly.

on 7/15/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it so much! I've tried so many shave gels -Skintimate, Satin Care, Pure Silk- and they never worked as advertised. I still got razor burn and my skin was dry. Aveeno, though, really works! My skin is super soft, I get little to no razor burn, and this gel does lessen the regrowth as advertised. Holy grail product! It is more expensive than other shave gels though- about $3.50 at Walmart. I do think it's worth it; I don't have to buy fancy lotion anymore! I will repurchase forever.

on 5/5/2013 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just wanted to share that Target's brand, up&up, has a knockoff of this product that is pretty fantastic for a reasonable price! It is thick and creamy, with a mild and pleasant almond scent.
My legs are so soft and smooth after I use this stuff. Even when I skip a day or two of shaving, the regrowth on my legs doesn't feel as prickly. This is the best shave cream for my sensitive skin that I have used in 20 years. Give it a shot, you may like it!

on 2/27/2013 7:35:00 PM

Definitely one of the more expensive shaving creams, but it is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. My legs are extremely soft after and soooooo smooth. I have tried every shave cream you can buy for women and this one beats them all. It has an amazing lather, the blade glides over easily and the bottle lasts for a very long time (I shave my legs and armpits every three days).

on 2/27/2013 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best shaving cream I have ever used, since first trying it about a year ago I have not had any desire to try anything else. The can is rust proof which is great, and one can lasts me much longer than any other product of this size. A little goes a long way, and I actually have noticed that I shave less often. I bought a pack of 6 on Amazon and it lasted me the whole year. Great product.