August 27, 2014 | 1886 users online

Shave Products - Aveeno - Positively Smooth Shave Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This shave gel is a staple in my routine. I have sensitive skin which is very prone to itching, redness and rashes. In addition the skin on my legs is very dry and flaky. Shaving gels normally aggravate my skin and leave me feeling even more itchy and dry. This Aveeno shave gel is gentle enough to use wherever I need to and it doesn't strip my skin like some highly fragranced gels can. It is supposed to reduce the need for shaving but I think this is just a gimmick. My hair grows very fast and I have noticed no reduction in hair growth or thickness since using this. But this won't stop me using it. I love the way this smells, like almonds. My SO uses this too and so the unisex fragrance works well for both of us.

This is a definite repurchase for me (and for SO) and I am glad that it is easily available locally (CVS and Walgreens) rather than me having to order online.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I usually get bumps if I shave that won't go away unless I use a product like nair for about a month or more. I get no bumps if I use this :) I generally dislike shaving because my hair grows back too fast but if I must shave this is the shaving gel I'd use or risk having ugly bumps on my legs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works well for a smooth shave but the smell really bothered me. Maybe it's supposed to be unisex? Hard to describe the smell but I disliked it so much that I threw it out after three uses. Also, not that it matters but the packaging is really ugly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by toucan97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it so much! I've tried so many shave gels -Skintimate, Satin Care, Pure Silk- and they never worked as advertised. I still got razor burn and my skin was dry. Aveeno, though, really works! My skin is super soft, I get little to no razor burn, and this gel does lessen the regrowth as advertised. Holy grail product! It is more expensive than other shave gels though- about $3.50 at Walmart. I do think it's worth it; I don't have to buy fancy lotion anymore! I will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to share that Target's brand, up&up, has a knockoff of this product that is pretty fantastic for a reasonable price! It is thick and creamy, with a mild and pleasant almond scent.
My legs are so soft and smooth after I use this stuff. Even when I skip a day or two of shaving, the regrowth on my legs doesn't feel as prickly. This is the best shave cream for my sensitive skin that I have used in 20 years. Give it a shot, you may like it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Katklare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely one of the more expensive shaving creams, but it is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. My legs are extremely soft after and soooooo smooth. I have tried every shave cream you can buy for women and this one beats them all. It has an amazing lather, the blade glides over easily and the bottle lasts for a very long time (I shave my legs and armpits every three days).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

This is the best shaving cream I have ever used, since first trying it about a year ago I have not had any desire to try anything else. The can is rust proof which is great, and one can lasts me much longer than any other product of this size. A little goes a long way, and I actually have noticed that I shave less often. I bought a pack of 6 on Amazon and it lasted me the whole year. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by MsScarlet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before buying this product,I hated shaving cream. I've tried just about every drugstore brand and they all worked the same: nauseatingly strong scent, too much lather and yet not enough moisture to get a close shave and avoid razor nicks. My skin was frequently in need of heavy slatherings of lotion post shave because the creams were so drying and I couldn't go a day without my legs feeling itchy, dry, and regrowth feeling like a Christmas tree.

I had all about given up using shaving cream and was using cheap/unused hair conditioner to shave my legs (which does work fairly well) when I bought this product on a whim. My first shave with it and I knew it was different than other shaving products.

First off, the canister is great. It claims to be "rust proof" and so far it's lived up to that claim. No rust rings in the shower yet!
The scent of this shave gel is truly light; just enough to give you a hint of it while shaving but then disappears when you're done. It is somewhat vanilla-y, maybe a bit floral. Hard to describe. I could see why it might be polarizing;you either love it or hate it. Personally I love it.

You're not going to get a whole lot of lather in this product; that's probably because it is so moisturizing. A little goes a long way here.

This shave gel gets me a close shave and my legs feel super soft afterward. I rarely nick myself shaving anymore. I hardly need to put on lotion on my legs and they never feel dry, itchy, or tight. I can go a day or two without shaving because my skin is so soft and the regrowth is significantly less "prickly."

I'm on my 3rd or 4th can of this stuff and I don't see myself switching brands anytime soon. So far I've only used it in more humid summer weather, so I'll update the review when winter and dry skin season comes. Until then, this product gets HG status from me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great stuff. Really helps protect your skin while shaving, leaves legs soft, and after using it for a while, the hair does seem to come in finer and slower. I like to shave with Intuition now, though, so I don't use this that often. But before I started using Intuition, I used to use this almost exclusively.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jess54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells like Play-Doh and shoots out of the can like Silly String. Did nothing more for me than regular shave gel.