July 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by McSwimmer

I'm writing this after trying a sample of Miss Dior eau de toilette. I am not familiar with the old version and I don't know what's in this scent (except the pachouli), but I was surprised that I liked it. I'm usually not a fan of pachouli but in this fragrance, I'm OK with it. This comes on strong when you first spray it on but then it settles down into a lovely fragrance. This is very long-lasting. I put it on in the afternoon and could still smell it the next morning. After it's on a while, it's sweet (but not too) and feminine. I'm not putting an "age group" to it, because I think anyone can wear it. I might not purchase this, however, because it's rather expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by bethtenerife

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for Miss Dior EDP. I've been searching for a special perfume for a long time now. I own lots of different fragrances including Valentina, Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb, Chanel No 5 and Coco, all of which are lovely but somehow not special enough for me to call 'the one'. Yesterday I walked into a perfume shop and sprayed about a dozen different scents onto tester strips writing the name of the fragrance on each one. This morning I took them out of my bag and did several blind tests. The perfume that stood out the most was Miss Dior.
This fragrance is stunningly beautiful. Without question the loveliest perfume I've ever tried. A sophisticated, gorgeous aroma. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is a lovely scent but I don't think it's my favorite or the most interesting one out there. Like a lot of other people have already said, it's a young but classy scent. It's a mix of citris and (more faintly) flowers, so it smells more light and refreshing than it does sweet or sugary. It's quite strong (1-2 spritz is more than enough!) and lasts for the majority of the day when I spray it into my hair and around my neck area.

The packaging is SUPER cute, it's a clear, square spritz bottle with a glass bow on top. This leans on the pricier side, but it IS Dior so that's not surprising.

NOTE: I think the dry down tends to lean powdery on me, so I don't think it's the best scent for my particular body chemistry. You may have a different experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume is a treat. Intricate and enchanting it draws you in and as the hours pass it just melts into your skin and changes subtly with your chemistry. Its expensive there is no way around it but 2 squirts go a long way. I plan on buying this for years to come. It smells so amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by arlenerubio27

The perfume scent is amazing. It is one of my absolute favorites. The scent is very sweet and innocent. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it doesn't last all night or all day. The fragrance is subtle so if you like to spray once in the morning and have it last all day, this may not work for you since you may have to re-spritz after a couple of hours. But OMG It smells A-MAZ-ING!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rotortrip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the same as it used to be!!! I wore this YEARS ago and always loved it. But, I recently ordered a bottle and it is just not the same. It used to be deep, woodsy, sexy but now it is powdery and lighter. Wish I could find the original!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by littlemissdimples88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new Miss Dior eau de parfum, i think it was released in 2012.

I think this perfume smells really lovely. It smells sweet and elegant. Natalie Portman is a really good spokesperson for this perfume, because when u smell Miss Dior EDP, u imagine someone like her, a young lady in her 20s/early 30s, who's beautiful in a classy womanly way, not in a teenybopper way and not in a femme fatale way. Doesn't that sound just like Natalie? :)

It's definitely one of my favourite scents, and my bf really likes it too. (Somehow we have similar tastes, fortunately!) I don't get why some people go on and on about how Miss Dior Cherie (the older version) is so much better, i think they're biased because they tried and loved Miss Dior Cherie first. I slightly prefer Miss Dior Cherie, because I'm very girly and like very sweet scents. But they're on the same high level. If I gave MDC a 9, i'd give Miss Dior EDP an 8.5. They both smell gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I own the original vintage glass bottle of this Miss Dior pure perfume. I got this when I was 19 when I flew from England back home to Hong Kong by British Airways. At 19 back then (I am now 45), I already knew that it is precious to pick up this perfume while I could get it duty free on the plane. I got this perfume at 15ml (very concentrate) together with a 30ml Eau De Gucci bottle, which is also now became a rare vintage.

Both perfumes stood the test of time. Even now, they are still in great condition and the scents stayed put all these years (I stored them well), also due to their potency.

I love Miss Dior, it smells a little strong for the first 2 minutes during wearing. In a few moments, the warmth of our skin transforms it into a classy, warm, smooth and comforting scent and stay for the rest of the day. It works with a lot of women's body chemistry. A few dabs are all I need - It last me ALL THESE YEARS! I only wear this on very special occasions throughout these years. I would say this is not for too suitable to wear on a hot humid summer day, more for fall to winter, or early spring kind of perfume.

I went to Sephora to check out their recent version of Miss Dior perfume - bottle looks the same - but the smell is more dilute & sweet, not the same like the original vintage version....too bad! I would definitely buy it again if the scent improves more like its original.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got the eau de parfum . I had high expectations, but this perfume is really not suited to the hot humid climate I live in here in Malaysia. Its too warming and strong, I should have gotten the eau de toilette. Definitely can't can't wear it to the office. Perhaps this is more suited to colder climates.