September 21, 2014 | 1293 users online

Hair - Redken - Active Express Quick Treat Styler

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I didn't notice a sticky residue on my hair like others did, but I wasn't impressed with this product either. I mainly got it for its heat protecting ability. However, when I use up what I have I will go back to my BTZ spray that is significantly cheaper, works better, and smells much better (this stuff has an awful odor).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by silverflame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was crap - and for some reason I used it again the other day after conditioning my hair. I wanted to use it for the "heat protecting" abilities, but my hair felt really heavy (and my hair usually absorbes anything) and it felt really brittle and krinkly and blah! Yucky, horrible, drying stuff that shall never go near my hair again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 8:09:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the other Active Express product, but hated this stuff. I agree with the others, it leaves a sticky filmy residue on your hair. It actually made my hair more tangled and frizzy when it was dry. Used it twice and will never use it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2004 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this product. It left a sticky residue in my hair, and made the blowdrying take ages. I tried using it before using the flat iron, but it also left a residue on the iron, and almost damaged it. I also didn't like the bottle, which squirted gel, making your hair wet. I threw it out before using half the bottle. The only positive thing I can say about this product, is that I liked the way it smelt.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This heat treatment is in the form of a gel/liquid spray so i questioned if it would give me the texture of geled hair.. and it did. I had a rough time detangling, and after blow drying my former silky long hair it became dry and looked frizzy from all the self detangling i had to do with my brush. The smell is better then the so long heat treat by redkin, but unless you have short hair that you use lots of products in to get texture or style I DO NOT recommend. The bottle says it will give you body and shine - i saw the body but no shine, more of a dull fried look to my freshly deep conditioned hair. *If you have short hair and are looking for a body building gel built into your heat protecting spray please ignore everything i said up there*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product in hope of getting managable hair that's protected from heat. How wrong was I! First of all, it made my hair really sticky and dry and it was hard to get a comb through it. I think that heat made it even worse. It didn't give my hair any shine, which it promises to do. I threw it straight to garbage can after using it a few weeks. Not recommended!