December 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder was very average for me. It does mattify but it doesn't last a long time (maybe 2 hours). For the price, I could get 2 or 3 drugstore pressed powders that work just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I really liked this, although you cannot apply it with a sponge because too much make up goes to waste on the sponge but along with the uneven application once put on... I usually use a liquid foundation then take a blush brush and use it as a finishing powder, it makes a nice flawless and even tone. I believe I spent $35 on it, not too expensive but it was when I used the sponge, it didn't even last me two weeks

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by caroe7

This is a great powder. I haven't bought it again because I'm still trying out different powders, but this is a good one. Goes on smooth, great for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As far as color ranges go, MAC pressed powders just can't be beat (I use NC25, sheer pressed powder). I have yet to find another powder by any cosmetics co which comes even close to matching so many tones and types or addresses so many skin needs (such as desired coverage, matifying, sheer, etc). The only cons I see is that it can go on pretty chalky if applied with the puff it comes with; I really wish it were more finely milled. But hey, I solve this dilemma by using a brush instead and spritzing post application. Also, I feel it could and should be a little less expensive. But if you are like me and have a tough time finding good matching shades, the price is def worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jiyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily skin and have been searching for the right pressed powder. MAC is the best one I've used so far. Though it is a bit pricey and hard to find it here. But I will definitely repurchase it! Should try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Alaina25

I suffer from oily skin and absoutley hate it - i hate looking in the mirror and seeing a constant shine on my face! Whilst browsing the MAC website searching for something to combat this problem i came across this lovely product and WOW! It is FANTASTIC! I have a lot of scars and uneven skin tone not forgetting redness and this fades them all perfectly, i will re-purchase this product over and over again! It is brilliant! I never go round looking shiny and horrible, my skin looks beautiful and matte! For all those people wondering whether to buy this product and are in 2 minds .. GO FOR IT! It may seem a little pricey but if you buy cheap you buy twice! Amazing product- could never ever live without it EVER!! I use Revlon Colorstay underneath and my skin has never looked for good :) these 2 products definately make me very happy as i'm embarresed about my normal skin!
Hope this has helped all you people out there wondering whether to go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MizzJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I don't usually wear foundation or powders, but after this I would definitely change my mind. If you are going to invest in skin products/makeup, then it's worth spending a little more for something better. This powder goes on with a velvety finish and perfectly blends into my skin. The powder lasts long and comes in a sleek black compact. I think the best thing about MAC products is that the sales reps are so helpful in matching a product to your skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cubanchik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Mac concealer & pressed powder for years & I felt like I was wearing a mask. Not light at all. Especially, since I have acne prone skin, I would not recommend this product. I converted to BE & I gave away my Mac concealers & powders to my mom. Sorry, Mac...wont purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my makeup, and then for touch-ups throughout the day. It's light and takes away shine without making you look powdery. One of my must-haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 4:07:00 AM More reviews by kimjessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder. its very finely milled, and though it can hang to those dry spots on my cheeks, the problem is easily fixed with a little moisturizer. Im 20, with very fair skin and i use NC5, the lightest shade. I was matched with NC 25, and found it to be much much to dark and yellow on me. Im asian but i have more pink undertones. It does have a tendency to oxidize and turn orange quite quickly, so I'd recommend getting a shade or two lighter than what they recommend. They never match my color right. I have clear, normal/combo skin with occasional dryness on my cheeks. It is pretty sheer, but i use it every morning to neutralize the slight redness in my cheeks thats highlighted from using moisturizer and to take away shine. Its perfect at evening my skin tone and makes me look like i have naturally perfect skin. I also used the lancome photogenic powder for a short while (borrowed my moms) until i replaced this, and i find that the two are very similar but MAC is much cheaper in price. If anything i like MAC better because its better and evening the slight red/pink in my cheeks and doesnt accentuate the dry flakes on my cheeks as much as the lancome powder had a tendency to do at times. it takes me like 30 seconds to brush over my face after lotion/sunblock. I've been using it everday for almost a year after my skin started getting more dry in the fall/winter and i decided i needed something to take away the shiniess/redness accentuated from lotion. Its reasonably priced and one compact lasts me about 6 months with everyday use. I used to use the sponge applicator that came with it, but now i use a powder brsuh from chanel. If you're looking for a sheer powder just to even out skin tone a little, then this is definitely worth a try.