April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - sculpting foam

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupavatar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a truly wonderful mousse. It conditions, just like it says, and so it leaves my hair wavy, bouncy, and soft. It is flexible and brushable. I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

The Sculpting Foam is excellent for setting wet, freshly washed hair on rollers and for wrapping hair also. Using this product cuts some of the time from sitting under the dryer also as it dries fairly quicker in hair than setting lotions will. This isn't really crispy and crunchy in the hair either nor is it flaky and messy.

Quite nice actually but pricey as only salons sell it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is a curly haired fave. But with my uber fine waves that I encourage into curls, this is just too much for me. It does feel nice and smell wonderful. But it is just too heavy for my fine locks and ends up weighing everything down. Now, my DH who has coarse, tight curly hair, loves this stuff. He has gone through cans and cans of it. The scent is just a nice coconut, not too girly. He loves the moisture and heft to smooth his hair down & take out fuzzies. So if you have tight curls and/or very thick coarse hair, you probably love this. If you are fine haired...probably going to be too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by 76bonz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was disappointed with this product. My hair is fine and wavy but thick. I wanted something to help with styling and to keep the body in my hair that I have. This product made my hair limp the next day and I felt it needed washing with a clarifying shampoo. I only used a golf ball sized amount for my whole head so it wasn't overused. It also seemed to make my hair dull instead of shiny. I guess there is no mousse that will ever work in my hair. I have yet to find a product to help hold the style yet not weigh the hair down. Any suggestions are welcome!
My styling method is blow-drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Chelsalicious

I really love this product. It is very versatile. Any hair type texture or color. It's conditioning and has a yummy coconut scent that's not too over bearing. I use this on all my clients as well as myself. It's amazing. I can sell these like no other. No crunch, no stiffness. It's a leave in conditioning foam. :) try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its my first mousse and I totally love it. Here is how I use:-
1. When I am going to blow dry my hair straight(I m a cg)- I apply four golf ball size mousse to my entire head working in sections (I have thick hair). Then I finger comb it gently. Apply a heat protectant(Either redken glide or TIGI control freak), I start blowdrying my hair in setions. The end result is spectacular with frizz free sleek straight with lots of body and shine hair till the next wash. Yay!!! I can totally tell the difference if I had not used it prior to blow drying.
2. When I am wearing it curly:- I section my hair into 4 parts. Saturate my hair with mousse with 4 pumps and then leave it for 2 min. I again section my hair(now small so 7-8), then apply Ouidad Heat and Humidity Climate Control Gel. I then finger comb my entire head to distribute the products). Here is the most imp part- starting from the nape of my head I roughly take 1'' section n start twisting my hair. I keep on twisting untill my hair length is fully covered(I have long, thick hair). I keep working up each section till my head is covered. Now I keep my head upside down and blow dry it with a diffuser. I airdry if time is not an issue. Both produce same results.
Lastly, I am left with frizz free beautiful curls that last for two days(ofcourse, I have to reactivate it the next day). This process works for me so, its a winner for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by stephanieee

i really love this product. i think if you experiment with it it can be very versatile. if you have fine, wavy hair it is great for shaping your hair and reducing frizz. i also like to use this to give some body and hold to a blowout. what i like most about it is that it's conditioning. i've used other mousses in the past that would give good results but would leave my hair parched due to the amount of alcohol in it. the light coconut scent is an added bonus. note: if you don't have a lot of hair i wouldn't advise using this as it can be heavy if you're not blowdrying it into the hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I didn't like it either. I have curly hair and am always looking for decent holding power but this mousse did not give me much at all and I wasn't crazy about the way it felt in my hair - just another one for the "didn't work" pile of hair products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Leigh47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, this is the worst stuff I have ever put on my hair...and believe me I have tried just about everything. I have long, fine hair. I used a small amount of this. I was happy to see on the instructions that it helps with static. After I used it, my hair was so stiff, so sticky with the worse static I have ever had! Couldn't get a comb through it. I had to go to a party last night, with no time to rewash it and here I was using a fabric sheet from the dryer to try to eliminate all the static. Had to add biosilk as well. I'm happy this works so well for most of you...maybe if my hair were naturally curly...but for me never.
It went back to the store this morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dainty77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mousse!

I have always used Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse, but recently, my hair was looking flat and dull. I needed something different.

I went to my beauty supply store and the clerk recommended I try PM sculpting foam. I LOVE the faint coconut scent and it's so creamy going on...

When my hair dries, my curls are defined, shiny, soft and bouncy! I will never go back to Herbal Essences again. I went back and bought the big size bottle. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

If you need some change and the relationship with your current foam isn't working out, try this!!