April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Camomile Color Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have strawberry blonde hair, so I use this mixed with a tiny bid of the Madder Root, and my hair gets back its orangey-copper tones. Hair feels healthy and super shiny plus I don't need to do any more expensive and damaging hair glazes to keep my colour from fading. If I feel that the red tones are starting to show a bit too much, then I lay of the Madder Root for a few washed and use only this. the smell is also divine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, have purchased many times over the years.

I consider this less of a "conditioner" than a color intensifier. I have color treated hair, and this product, when used in conjunction with the Camomile Shampoo really do add an attractive depth of gold to my hair. Not brassy, just this depth of color (really nice when the color starts fadiing).

I have never had success with the blondes need to use blue washes .... it makes my gold washed out to use blue formulas. This boost of yellow/depth of gold seems just the thing.

However, it really isn't all that conditioning. Depending on my needs, I'll use some kind of leave in for detangling/smoothing ....

but this is a great product that has served me well on and off throughout the years.

Happy repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this conditioner, it left my hair feeling very soft and manageable. My hair is kind of a mid brown, but it has some golden tones, and this did definitely help to bring them out, but in THE most subtle way, so I don't think it would make that big a difference to your color, unless you are naturally very blonde or have a lot of highlights in your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this conditioner as well as the Camomile shampoo. It really moisturizes well and doesn't weigh hair down. I think it does a better job on my hair than the more expensive Damage Remedy. Plus, it adds a beautiful golden sheen and lots of shine. I actually received a compliment the very first time I used it. She asked if I had a glossing treatment! Love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HATED THIS PRODUCT. Used this once and threw it away. It did nothing for my blond highlights and dried out my hair.
Very disappointed in this product. They should sell it in trial sizes as it is expensive to buy the tube and then find that it is a product you dont like and wouldnt use again after one use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Emmymy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this conditioner to be great for my hair which is long and naturally golden blonde helped by some gentle highlights. It gives a gorgeous shine to my hair and seems to particularly pick out the highlights. My hair is in very good condition so I generally don't need a deep conditioner and use this to enhance the colour more than anything else. But I think that this would give a pretty deep condition to hair that needed it.

I don't use this all the time as I find it can leave my hair heavy. My main quibble is the consistency of the conditioner - it is very thick and even though I distribute it by rubbing it all over my palms first - I still find that I lose lots of it on the floor of the shower - and it is far too expensive to just wash away down the drain!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by asaryen

I think this is great for bringing out the golden tones in my dark blond hair with light blond highlights. It makes the hair look like gold, and not a flat yellow. If you want a darker blond color, but not too dark, I can recommend mixing this with about 1/3 of the Clove conditioner for a nice golden caramel tone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ut88keys

I was disappointed in this conditioner.There was not any color enhancement that I could detect. It did not cast any color on the gray roots.It was a nice texture and easy to spot treat so I liked that. And above all it did not weigh my hair down.Of course its expensive as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A horrible highlight job that left me with Big Bird Yellow on medium brown curly hair had to be redone by another salon, and I ended up with Donatella Versace platinum curls. I have an olive complexion, and it just looked slutty. I read the glowing reviews here of Chamomile and Clove, and decided to do the Clove Shampoo with the Camomile Conditioner. I've gotten raves on my hair -- the platinum has been toned to a beautiful honey which looks great against my skin. I used both the Camomile Shampoo and Conditioner together, and while they both did a great job at making the platinum a warmer buttery shade, with the Clove shampoo I have the honey highlights I went in for the in the first place. My hair is shiny, soft and incredibly conditioned. I only wish this stuff came in a larger size, maybe with a pump instead of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by hildak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner is wonderful for my fine, light-brown hair. I've always gotten natural highlights from the sun; now gray hair is getting mixed in. The conditioner masks the gray nicely, making those strands look like highlights - a real plus, since I'm too lazy to consider coloring my hair. I also love the silky feel it gives my hair. I've been using this product for about year and will continue to repurchase.