Yves Saint Laurent Blush Variation in Pink Bloom #2

4.6

The best blush I've ever tried. Unfortunatelly it seems discontinued. It was my favorite blush, a perfect pink tone for my skin with yellow undertones. I never noticed a large difference between the two textures. It was a very fine powder with a satin touch, delicious over the skin, and slightly transparent, just enough to ensure a very natural look. Seems a small amount of powder in the package, but I used this blush everyday for over a year, so I can attest that this product worth the money.

This blusher has a light pink shade when applied onto the skin. It gives the cheeks a natural glow. It is not strongly pigmented but the colour still shows through. The lasting power of this is good, I have oily skin and I only re-apply once a day. You dont have to have a light hand when applying this blusher :) Even though it is matte, it still has a light shimmer to enhance the colour and make your face look healthy and what I mean by light is that it's nothing like disco ball full of shimmer. I do like this blusher but it does break me out, Im not sure if it's due to having sensitive skin. I also think that this blusher is expensive and you dont get alot of the product. If you like a natural make-up look with just abit of colour to your cheeks then this blusher would suit you fine. My search for HG blusher still continues

Update:
I have been using this blush for a good few months and it breaks my cheeks out like crazy. Everytime I end up using this blush I end up having painful cystic acne on my cheeks. They hurt and hard to get rid of. They only appear where I apply the blush. Im very disapointed with this blush as its natural looking but obviously not suitable for sensitive skin types and must have alot of purfume in the product.

on 4/29/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love YSL blushes! Love the compacts and love the products. I don't like shimmery blushes but the shimmer in the YSL blushes is so fine that it's not obvious on your face even in direct sunlight. It just makes you glow. This is a beautiful pink. Pretty neutral and very flattering.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Perfect blush for me and probably for anyone. It's a universal warm but not too warm pink that melds into your skin like it's your own. I also feel like I have a halo of light surrounding me when I wear this. It has a touch of candlelight glowy shimmer to it but cannot be detected unless you are up close examining my pores. Compact is georgous, the blush is the perfect size to stash in your purse. Not too big or too small.
Amazing blush! FYI: NC35 Dark brown hair, brown eyed Asian.

on 3/4/2009 6:01:00 PM

Also my HG blush!!!
It is amazing, that's all I have to say :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it!

I finally found my HG! This is everything I tried on a blush. This tone of pink is very versatile and I believe it is perfect in different skin tones. The texture is excellent, the shimers not appear on the skin. Is not as pigmented as the NARS's blush, but it's pigmented enough to work well on the skin. And the fragrance does not bother, the smell is softer than a NARS blush's.

I'm in love with this blush, completely in love!

on 5/31/2008 4:06:00 AM

i really like this blush.. beautiful color! Gives a really nice glow to the skin. i've just repurchased this today. It is a really easy to wear color and i keep going back to this one.

on 12/2/2007 9:11:00 PM

The case is too pretty--the classic YSL casing. However, the gold gets smudged really easily (but I have Sony Ericsson S500 as a cell phone--it's not like I can complain with smudging easily....after a while you either get used to handling it on the edges, or you stop caring).

Anyway. As a blush, it works pretty good--doesn't come off, looks nice, pretty coloring. But I still prefer BB's pot rouge.

on 5/20/2007 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice pink/rose color but nothing spectacular in my opinion especially for the price. I could've gotten something similar in a drugstore I'm sure.

Gorgeous blush with a beautiful soft rosy pink colour. It is warm toned and has a little peach in it too. This colour is easy to wear, Im neutral/cool-toned but this warm tone suits me just fine. This is a high quality blush, well pigmented and has the right amount of shimmer. The skin gets a natural rosy glow from this and absolutley NO discoball glitter!!

Popular Blush Products