October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Moisturizing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has become my favourite thing ever for cleansing my face and I have never been a fan of bar cleansers! I've been using this both morning and night for about a month and a half now and for the first time in my life I'm not interested in trying out any other cleansers anymore. I used to always remove my makeup separately before getting in the shower at night but now this is all I use. It removes my everyday makeup perfectly (powder, concealer, bronzer/blush, mascara) but I usually cleanse with it twice if I've been wearing makeup just to make sure. My skin is almost always left feeling at least slightly tight and dry no matter what cleanser I've used but this Aveeno bar has left my skin the most comfortable it's ever felt after cleansing yet I still feel completely fresh and clean (unlike with, say, Cetaphil for example). This bar really leaves my skin looking and feeling calm and balanced and after cleansing with this my skin tone always looks a bit more even (no redness). It doesn't act like a typical bar of soap (no squeaky feeling when rinsing it off, it rinses so easily and rinses completely clean). I have really clog prone skin too and haven't had any problems with this at all (and I've tried Dove beauty bar before and it clogged me within 2 uses) and ever since I started using this my skin has looked the best it has in a really really long time. I'll buy this again and again and actually just started using my second bar (thats probably the one con I can think of, twice a day use of a bar lasted me only a month and a half).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put that I'd buy this product again, although I'm not 100% sure.

Aveeno's oatmeal soap bar is a good product for a very decent price, but I have found other bar soaps that perform better and last a lot longer. I currently buy my facial soaps from Chagrin Valley, and you can find reviews on their products here on MUA. If you want something available localy and affordably, this would not be a bad choice, however. Sensitive skinned people should give it a go.

My skin: Highly reactive, dry, acneic, very sensitive. It's also thin from long term retinol usage so I can't be harsh w/it or it easily splits/peels.

The good:
- First ingredient listed for this bar of soap is oat flour! Excellent - it's well known for calming irritated skin, and since the oats are so finely milled, you can feel the grittiness of the soap which helps exfoliate your skin, but doesn't scratch your face to bits. I really enjoyed using the bar directly on my face.
- No colourants, no fragrance.
- Pretty mild, so it's good for sensitive or irritated skin. When my face was windburnt or raw, it didn't sting my face when used, although it did feel more uncofortable than my current superfatted soaps.

The meh:
- I don't know if it's the 'soapless' formula or if Aveeno simply does not let their soaps mature enough, but the bar is soft pretty much from the get go. A true bar of soap is firmer than what this feels, and doesn't melt into a mess too easily. I protected my bar of soap and let it dry after every single use, and it still lasted me a fraction of the time that my current soapbars last me. If you like this product I suggest you get the 2 pack because you will need the backup pretty soon.

The not so good:
- The product has two claims: moisturising properties, and leaving your skn soft. In my opinion, this does neither. My skin does not feel stripped, but claiming moisturising properties is a bit much. Because it doesn't moisturise, the skin just feels nice and clean, not soft or plump. This is great for gently cleaning skin, like a good basic soap should.

Some things to note: this will not remove your make up, nor does it claim to. It's best used after you've used your make-up remover method of choice, or as a morning cleanser. If you have dryish skin like mine, this will not let you skip moisturiser. Very oily people, however, can probably get away with it. YMMV.

Credit where it is due, though - the bar does a good job cleansing your face without being too harsh, and is a great basic, low irritant soap. Just don't expect it to do everything it says in the package. If your skin gives you grief and reacts to everything, this is a good soap to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sooo sad that this product makes my skin SEVERLY dry. Moisturizing bar??? HOW?

I have combination skin and break out SOOO easily and have acne that i have been trying to get rid of. This bar actually makes my acne better as it reduces it as well as inflamation! That is why I am sooo sad it makes my skin so dry. I had to stop using it ;/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Devinnnjc92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This magical bar of wonderful soap is the only thing that is ever touching my face EVER again. I have struggled with acne basically my whole life. I have very dry itchy skin that caused redness, cystic breakouts and scarring. Before this product I had tried literally EVERYTHING. Every kind of acne medication you can think of, even home remedies and NOTHING worked. I tried this product as a last resort because I noticed it was dermatologist recommended. The first two days of using it my face already started to clear up, the redness mostly started to fade. I use it twice a day (once in the morning, once at night) and I'm about a month into using it, my face is almost 100% clear of any blemish or discoloration. This soap leaves my skin feeling soft and tight. It doesn't dry it out and it doesn't leave the skin oily. I hope they never discontinue this stuff because it's truly amazing. I would 100% recommend this to anyone and everyone. Plus it's only like $3, you can't really beat that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if we have this in the UK, but I picked up a bar in the US while travelling when my skin was going haywire. It seems to work fine and doesn't irritate it. I can't use soap all the time, but this is great to use after a cleansing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kathren3377

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't break me out and cleanses well. It's not all thatt, but it's good enough for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Lubby89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have dry sensitive skin and decided to try this out and was impressed! The bar feels amazing on my face its really soothing to my irrated skin and cleans really well too but at the same time moisturizing. Its affordable too, I will continue to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Has anyone used this for their face? I mean, I know it's intended for corporal use but this stuff is amazing! Oatmeal is great for reducing inflamatory symptoms of the skin, so I have used it in the past two days for cleansing my face after removing my makeup. Boy this soap is great! My sister recommended I used it since she's a big fan of natural products.
The effects of this oatmeal bar were visible in an instant. Face redness reduced a lot, my hormonal pimples at the top of my right cheek dried off and fell the next day, the gunk from my pores surfaced and my skin was very calmed and soft. I was pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ayeshaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow this soap is HG status Ahmazing it works well with Aveeno positively radiant intensive night cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Shadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this soap bar but unfortunately it's really drying on my skin..it's not really moisturizing but it does clean well...