October 25, 2014 | 1172 users online

Blush - LORAC - Powder blush in Soul

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by flchick75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this blush! I've always been into the darker pink and berry shades. So when I tried this, I was amazed at how much I liked it. I'm an NC30-35 so I have a medium skin tone and I was shocked that this blush didn't show up light on my skin. I never expect much from colors that come in kits because I don't select them myself. This shade was a nice pink and berry tone all at once that seemed to give a powdery type finish and gives me a glow. It looks natural yet radiant and flushed all at the same time. I've never had anyone actually point out my blush before and tell me it looked pretty until I wore this one for only the 4th time ever. I didn't have a single blush like this and trust me...I have a TON of blushes. This one has made it to my top 1st or 2nd spot out of 3. After emailing Lorac to see if it's possible to repurchase it separately from a kit and not getting a response, I went on a hunt to find a dupe. Just wanted to let all you lovely ladies in on my dupe because I am sooooo happy to have found it. I found NARS Oasis and it is super, super close!!! NARS looked like it had glitter in it which worried me but it didn't show on my face at all. If you look through the reviews, the small glitters do show on some people and not on others. I have not had any issues with that. The color of both of these blushes is gorgeous and they give the same powdery finish. I hope this helped some of you out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by guybourdin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Years ago I had this blush in the Croc palette which featured 4 eye shadows along with Soul blush. I ended up swapping it away because the eye shadows were too warm for me but made a promise to myself to buy the Soul blush separately eventually. Finally I repurchased it and I'm so sad I didn't go out and repurchase it the very day I swapped the palette away. If I had I might have saved myself so many blush purchases because this sucker is something else, it's HOLY GRAIL! I never thought I would say that about a blush ever! Ever? Never ever! Lorac calls it a "dusty rose" but I don't see the dusty part at all. I'd call it an emblazed rose! There is shimmer but it's a sophisticated shimmer. While it may not look amazing in the pan somehow it translates perfectly on my skin and gives my cheeks the most incredible definition. I find that many of my holy grail blushes are wolves in sheep's clothing. For reference I have dark brown eyes and hair and my skintone is NC25 (fair-medium).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soul did not work for my light olive skin. It turned ruddy, and just looked like any other warm, rosy blush. It is very pigmented though, so I can say if this blush works for you, it would be a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice blush and has become my go-to blush for daily wear/work. When I first got it (in a pallette/kit), I thought it looked like a bit of a "nothing" colour. But after wearing it a few times I changed my mind. It's great for days where you don't want to make too much of a statement (like at work) but still want a nice glow. Lovely muted dusky pink colour with a hint of shimmer. Easy to apply and blend and lasts a long time.

I don't agree that the other reviews that say this blush is easy to overdo or overly pigmented. I apply it with a foundation stippling brush, which I swirl on the blush pan and then tap off the excess before applying. After applying with the stippling blush I blend it out with a powder brush and I have never had a problem this way and it always looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As always, Lorac has such pretty shades of blushes and this one is one of the prettiest ever. It leave a natural looking flush with a tad of shimmer, which lights up my face like no other. I just wished that they were a bit larger so that I wouldn't run out so fast, hence the limited score. I don't think that Lorac gets enough credit as this line represents to me, a more natural look in their cosmetics. I always have my croc palette, soul blush and a few other palettes on hand in my traincase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by misssweetmarie

I like the color of Soul - I chose it for that reason plus great reviews on MUA AND it was part of a really nice set of products that I wanted to try. (Sephora). The blush dropped - not on a hard surface yet the entire compressed blush disintegrated into powder - no chunks - just fell completely apart into a zillion particles - You couuld say it's more like a mineral blush now which for me is harder to work with. I was surprised at how completely it fell to pieces.. I've dropped blushers in my years but this was unusual.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by cinderelka90

I must say that the pictures up here are very inaccurate to how this blush actually looks. Its a beautiful nude pinky brown shade. This blush is almost pigmented to a fault, its very easy to overdo it so certainly use a light hand. The screw on lid is annoying as heck but otherwise I love the unique color. I'll probably end up depotting it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: Color would be wearable on most skin tones, I think. It doesn't really look the same on as it does in the pot; I have never had a blush quite like it, so I can't list any dupes, but it is the kind of shade you can use for that not-quite-blush-not-quite-bronzer face contouring look that seems very sought-after these days, maybe similar to Kim Kardashian's, at risk of scaring folks away. Slight shimmer, but not over the top. It is very small, not a chunky, noticeable glitter like NARS or some other highly pigmented brands. I typically get matte blush and like this one a lot. Packaging is simple, attractive and functional - twist off top with a clear window on the cap to show the color off. Seems to last a pretty long time on my skin.

Cons: Only that it is so densely pigmented I find it a little difficult to apply sometimes; I have very fair skin and have to barely tap my brush onto the pan or I get way too much product. For this reason, I really prefer blushes to actually not be quite as pigmented...easier to apply and build the depth you want without accidentally making one cheek too dark and having to start over. So use with caution your first few times.

I got this in the $39 Close Up set (includes this, a nice pink-nude gloss, an amazing liquid eyeliner pen, a beautiful eyeshadow trio and a really terrible mascara) so I think the price is absolutely amazing. The blush is $20 outside of the set, so I'd really recommend the set to any of those reading this when it's still available. However, if this is a color you need, $20 is still fairly reasonable considering how pigmented it is - I can't even imagine how long this would last me even with regular use since it takes SO little product to get a bold effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This may be a discontinued color, but I have this in Earth. I love it. I love the color, but I also love the blush. I use it as a blush when I tan, and it works nicely. I can blend it or layer it with other colors without it looking heavy or chalky. I contour my nose and under my chin with it to make my features appear sharper. I use it as eyeshadow sometimes, in the crease, and it looks very natural. I even used it a few times to enhance the color of my nipples when I was feeling saucy, and it looked pretty natural there too. TMI? Probably, but it proves my point about versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with others that you should not dismiss this blush just for the uninteresting color it looks like. It is the just flushed, kiss of supernatural rosy blush that you might be looking for. It lasts all day, is highly pigmented, and is so natural. Love this and I am very fair it is hard to find decent blush that doesn't look natural for me. LOVE! My very top pick for my favorite blush in my drawer..