Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Papers

4.5

kaolin, polysorbate 80, cellulose gum, rosmarinus officinalis, trisodium edta, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldenyde, butylene glycol, aqua, hexyl cininamal, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, benzyl benzoate, limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, citronellol, sodium dehydroacetate, parfum

on 7/20/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

MUST-HAVE! Every one of y'all with oily and/or acne-prone skin should try this! The best oil blotting sheets I've ever used.

Prior to discovering this, I was using 'Clean & Clear' Oil Blotting Sheets and would you imagine my surprise when I found out that C&C's blotting sheets contained oil?! No wonder my skin was progressively getting oilier the more I used it.

Shiseido's is the complete opposite. First of all, the size. It's much bigger than the typical blotting sheets I've used and one sheet is usually enough for my whole face --sometimes I cut it up into smaller pieces. Next, one side of the sheet is covered with an amazing powder so when you 'blot' with it, it not only get rids of the oil but keeps your skin matte with the oil-absorbing ingredients that its powder contains. The blotting sheet itself also doesn't disturb my make-up, more than anything it makes it look better and more 'matte'!

The packaging is beautiful. It comes in a seemingly discreet baby-blue pouch that feels really soft. There were times that I was able to fit it in my wallet too when I couldn't carry a bag with me! I paid around $20.00 plus tax for mine but they're totally worth it for the quality and size of the blot sheets! You could probably get two uses from one by cutting it in half. That's what I do. I'm going to continue to repurchase this until maybe one day (miraculously) my oily skin goes away... but that is unlikely to happen so I'll just stick to these amazing sheets. <3

on 7/20/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Papers deserve their legendary reputation. I went on a blotting paper frenzy the past year even though I have dry skin, I have been getting oil in the summer and depending on the products I use. I've purchased several cheap brands but always come back to the Shiseido.

Firstly, the size is a lot bigger than other papers that cost less. You only need one sheet whereas, I need three to four on my moderately oily skin from other cheaper brands. It's also coated with kaolin so it absorbs excess oil and leaves a finish thus preventing oil breakthrough later on. You can cut the sheets in half save money as it blots oil so well it doesn't use up the whole paper.

I also love the carry case. It's way better than the cardboard cases that get mangled in your purse.

on 10/29/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm using 3rd pack of this papers and just ordered 2 more. I'll panick if run out of it because that's the only thing I'm ready to use during the day to blot my oily skin.
I hate compact powders because think it's highly unhygienic, and haven't seen any loose powders which are travel-friendly, plus you have to carry brush with it.

Before I discovered this product, I had to use compact powder, layer by layer on my foundation, and you can imagine how bad for pores and appearence it was.

So I'll be repurchasing until it's discontinued and don't even want to look for something else. Plus it, s case has a very pleasant touch and easily fits into any bag.

on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Even if I am a man, I have realized I need blotting papers, especially when I am outside and I need to be decent ;) I have tried different brands of blotting papers, as Sephora; clean e clear... I have to admit Shiseido papers are the best ones, definitely!
They are not cheap, but you need a single paper for all over your face, and most of all, their effect last long time;) They are really effective, if you compare them to other brands.

on 9/20/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Sheets have been one of my beauty staples for over a decade as they are the BEST oil-control tools around. The price does creep up every year or so and Shiseido counters are hard-to-find, so it takes a little loyalty to get your hands on these, but they are highly effective. They contain kaolin, a key ingredient many masks use for oily skin. The carrier holds up to being taken in and out of my back pocket until they are all gone. Most importantly, they do NOT take off my makeup or inflame my skin. Love-love-love!!!

on 8/1/2014 2:40:00 PM

I've been looking for better blotting papers, but haven't yet found them. I have a combination skin with oily to very oily T-zone, and I don't like to reapply powder without blotting away shine first, otherwise it builds up on my skin and increases the odds of spots. The way it works best for me is to press it - instead of scrubbing it - on the skin and gently slide (otherwise it will rip - that's the only con of this product) two or three fingers held together over the tissue. Two or three times are enough for each part of the blotting paper. I always carry them in my bag.

on 7/1/2013 10:39:00 AM

Received a sample of this. Didn't think it was anything special except that the size of the paper was beneficial as it was a lot bigger than most blotting papers out there.

on 6/22/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

They are the best. I tried many others and always returned to the Shiseido's. They are bigger than most, sometimes I only use a half. The effect lasts longer because of the light powder coating. You have a hundred for 19$ (canadian price!) versus 50 Clean&Clear sheets that are around 7$ (and I finish those more quickly because the effect is not as longlasting). So, a bit more exensive but WAY worth it!

on 4/3/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While reading the negative reviews, I dont understand why anyone would touch an "OIL" blotting sheet with water?!! Really idiotic. cause when I determine the quality of an oil blotting sheet, i test this on the oily area on my face..anyway... as for this product, this is by far my FAVORITE oil blotting sheet!! this DOES not give me no powdery residue like the rest; Palladio. it has no shimmer like; Bosica, Zon. and it keeps me matte for a LONG TIME!!! unlike the rest I listed above.
I have very oily skin. mostly depending on the foundation i wear. I had this for about 4 years, it was kept in my old school bag and I had forgotten about it, I took it out, used it and remembered how good it worked!! it still got the job done after 4 years.
One sheet blotted my entire face, unlike the ones listed above. I like the color of the sheets too. powder blue. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/24/2012 1:26:00 AM

This is totally waste of money, because if you touch the paper with water it will turn clear. In order to determine a good blotting paper the paper should not turn clear when you touch it with water. A good blotting only turns to clear when you touch it with OIL.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools