November 24, 2014 | 909 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shiseido - Pureness Oil Blotting Papers

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm using 3rd pack of this papers and just ordered 2 more. I'll panick if run out of it because that's the only thing I'm ready to use during the day to blot my oily skin.
I hate compact powders because think it's highly unhygienic, and haven't seen any loose powders which are travel-friendly, plus you have to carry brush with it.

Before I discovered this product, I had to use compact powder, layer by layer on my foundation, and you can imagine how bad for pores and appearence it was.

So I'll be repurchasing until it's discontinued and don't even want to look for something else. Plus it, s case has a very pleasant touch and easily fits into any bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by overtheavg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even if I am a man, I have realized I need blotting papers, especially when I am outside and I need to be decent ;) I have tried different brands of blotting papers, as Sephora; clean e clear... I have to admit Shiseido papers are the best ones, definitely!
They are not cheap, but you need a single paper for all over your face, and most of all, their effect last long time;) They are really effective, if you compare them to other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Sheets have been one of my beauty staples for over a decade as they are the BEST oil-control tools around. The price does creep up every year or so and Shiseido counters are hard-to-find, so it takes a little loyalty to get your hands on these, but they are highly effective. They contain kaolin, a key ingredient many masks use for oily skin. The carrier holds up to being taken in and out of my back pocket until they are all gone. Most importantly, they do NOT take off my makeup or inflame my skin. Love-love-love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ElaDani

I've been looking for better blotting papers, but haven't yet found them. I have a combination skin with oily to very oily T-zone, and I don't like to reapply powder without blotting away shine first, otherwise it builds up on my skin and increases the odds of spots. The way it works best for me is to press it - instead of scrubbing it - on the skin and gently slide (otherwise it will rip - that's the only con of this product) two or three fingers held together over the tissue. Two or three times are enough for each part of the blotting paper. I always carry them in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by winterl0ve

Received a sample of this. Didn't think it was anything special except that the size of the paper was beneficial as it was a lot bigger than most blotting papers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by marikiya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They are the best. I tried many others and always returned to the Shiseido's. They are bigger than most, sometimes I only use a half. The effect lasts longer because of the light powder coating. You have a hundred for 19$ (canadian price!) versus 50 Clean&Clear sheets that are around 7$ (and I finish those more quickly because the effect is not as longlasting). So, a bit more exensive but WAY worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by THEqu33nb

While reading the negative reviews, I dont understand why anyone would touch an "OIL" blotting sheet with water?!! Really idiotic. cause when I determine the quality of an oil blotting sheet, i test this on the oily area on my face..anyway... as for this product, this is by far my FAVORITE oil blotting sheet!! this DOES not give me no powdery residue like the rest; Palladio. it has no shimmer like; Bosica, Zon. and it keeps me matte for a LONG TIME!!! unlike the rest I listed above.
I have very oily skin. mostly depending on the foundation i wear. I had this for about 4 years, it was kept in my old school bag and I had forgotten about it, I took it out, used it and remembered how good it worked!! it still got the job done after 4 years.
One sheet blotted my entire face, unlike the ones listed above. I like the color of the sheets too. powder blue. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mandyliu15

This is totally waste of money, because if you touch the paper with water it will turn clear. In order to determine a good blotting paper the paper should not turn clear when you touch it with water. A good blotting only turns to clear when you touch it with OIL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by stls

These blotting papers do work.
They are large and the slight amount of powder left on the skin keeps shine at bay even longer.
Didn't notice any blue powder on my skin.
The baby blue case is convenient, pretty and soft to touch.
Since you get 100 tissues they are not horribly expensive.

The cons now:
Other blotting papers left my face more matte (MAC) but for a shorter amount of time.
You can't really see the oil left on the tissue.
They're very thin so they tend to tear easily.

I'll probably buy again though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG blotting papers. Keeps my makeup fresh looking throughout the day in the office. I preper to use the non-powdery side of the paper. That way you don't get any powder left on your face, but all oils are absorbed and you get a fresh matt look. I hate the fact that you cannot get the refils for the pouch though...