October 30, 2014 | 1447 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Eye shadows

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I've tried marking this formula as discontinued, but MUA wants to lump the old and new shadows into one link. Within the last month or two MUFE discontinued their older formula and came out with 210 new shadows that can be used all over for anything from every day makeup to makeup artistry. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges because they're so different. The older version could be dry and hard to work with, but it was pigmented. This new formula is a gel powder that varies depending on the finish.The price isn't that different, but you can get a better deal if you buy many at one time. I will try to describe the new finishes.

1. Metallic- very pigmented- labeled as 'ME' and extremely creamy. These almost feel like a cream shadow and they have more gel in them than the other finishes.

2. Iridescent- pigmented- labeled as 'I', and a shimmer finish.

3. Matte-very pigmented- labeled as 'M', and a smooth matte finish.

4. Diamond- very pigmented- labeled as 'D' and a creamy finish with diamond glitter.

5. Satin- labeled as 'S' and the most sheer of all. Some people have issues getting the satins to show up on deeper skin tones. If you like softer shades then it might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

VERY pigmented shadows. YOU must swatch these shadows, they swatch to a very different color than they appear in the container.

Supposed to be blendable with new formula and the wet / dry thing.

I bought 3 colors for my very fair pink skin and unfortunately, though I was trying to get new colors, that were different from those that I use daily, I bought 3 that are quite similar to what I use in my Laura Mercier kit (pink, and a more purple taupe) with a taupe for shading).

I would compare to UD colors; a bit out there but you can find a few natural colors for daytime, you just have to swatch and really look. It seems that MUFE is copying the success of UD.

The shimmering taupe/purple is more like an UD color is stunning, really stunning and similar to many out there but very dark on my lids. I may return (still on the fence) as I was looking for staple shadows that would be in my bag used daily (a highlighter, a contour and then something else)

They are not low cost however depending on how fast you go through shadow probably will last a very very long time.

I bought the wells of the Laura Mercier eyeshadow 1 and 2 yrs ago and for the most part have tons of product left though the lightest color (pink) will soon need a refill.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have four of these shadows. #92 (Matte purple), a matte fuchsia, matte orange and a matte chocolate brown. I love them all despite to hefty price tag. Most of these can run double, even triple duty as either an eyeshadow, blush or a contour. Creasing is minimal (but I have dry skin so YMMV) and the color payoff is amazing! At $21 you don't really need the whole collection, but it's definately worth it to buy a few. They last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

I'm not familiar with the colour range of these shadows but I just purchased Beige 76 (a light/medium beige/taupe colour) for contouring. I think it looks great; very natural and just dark enough for my light, yellow undertone, skin colour. The pigmentation is decent (not as good as Illamasqua's for example) but very buildable.

This will also double as a great neutral colour all over the lid. I love the look of these beige/taupe colours that are only a shade or 2 darker than your skin tone swept over the lid up towards the brow bone, then down under the eye for that sunken in eye look (kinda grungey-chic, if you will).

The packaging is sleek with magnetic closure. I like that too.

Very happy with it and best of all - you get much more product than with other comparable brands. These shadows are 2.5 grams - MAC's are only 1.5!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Given the high rating that this shadow gets, I suspect that quality varies between the colors, which is not unusual with shadows. I have this in a matte chocolatey brown and a slightly shimmery taupe. The taupe has zero color payoff. It doesn't show up on my lids at all. I use it to fill in my brows just because it was so expensive. The chocolatey brown is average, nothing to write home about. For the price, there are much better shadows out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I think it's interesting how nobody seems to talk about these eyeshadows. They are nice and just as high quality as Urban Decay (possibly slightly better). I have the matte plum eyeshadow. It is very smooth and easy to pick up on the brush. It goes on nicely and blends well. There seems to be no fallout. The shadow lasts long with primer (I never bother to wear eyeshadow without primer, so I don't know how it wears on its own).

My only complaint is that there is way too much in the pan. Each eyeshadow comes with .08 oz. That's a whole lot of eyeshadow. I can't even say I'l ever make a dent in it. I say make the eyeshadows in .05 oz containers like Urban Decay and drop the price to $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

Well...over all I do love their eye shadows! The color selection is amazing! But it is very "out there" not really every day wear. But the colors are very pigmented, very strong and noticible. I used to wear it a lot when it first came out but not so much anymore. The packaging is a bit hard to open as well, every time have to push it open really hard. I will re-purchase if I need another crazy color which I can't find in cheaper stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Tommygrl1327

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going to be in the bridal party for a wedding, but didn't want to get my make up done by a make up artist. I had heard some really good things about make up forever and their products so I decided to treat myself to a make up lesson and some new products.

I had never used make up forever's eye shadows previously, but now I am converted. However, that being said it took me a few times to practice applying them correctly. Like some of the previous reviews said, a little bit goes a long way. I would definitely just apply a little bit first then build from there if you want a more intense color. When I practiced putting on my make up the first few times I was way too generous in my application and it just didn't look right. Try al light touch first and then build carefully from there and that helped a lot.

I am also happy to say that the shadows STAY PUT all day. My eye make up for the wedding went the distance from 7AM all the way to 11PM at night so I am happy with that aspect of them as well. Also I appreciate that their matte colors are truly matte and the more shimmery colors are not overly so either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I wanted really pigmented e/s's, but these just go to far. The darker colors are impossible to put on evenly, where your brush falls on the lid or upper lid is always going to be darker, you can't blend it into the rest of the area you want to color. The light colors can look chalky, a lot of them are really blushes they sell as e/s, and they feel like blushes, driers, etc. In fact, these are just dry e/s's period and not easy to blend, tend to be chalky,etc. Maybe if you are a m/u artist you can use them but I gave up, went back to Mac, but just the MATTE2 formula - their best along with Veluxe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

I have the matte 156 and I am in love with it. It looks amazing on the brow bone area especially if you have dark skin. It is so pigmented so I only have to use a little bit of it.

It's not that much more expensive than mac and in my opinion it's a better quality. I would definitely repurchase this colour again.

The packaging is crappy. I get it's black and simple but for the price at least add an eyeshadow applicator. Dior is just as as good in terms of pigmentation and you can buy the quads for cheaper price. As far as I know they are both from France. I wish MUF would change their packaging since average people can buy it now.