Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Koolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

These are fantastic in all of the colors and textures I've tried (and I've tried everything from matte to diamond finishes). The range of colors is impressive, with every color in the visible spectrum available.

The pigmentation is great. The colors are vibrant and true to the way they appear in the pan. If you're looking for a true electric blue, ME216 has you covered. Want something a little more neutral? M626 is a good basic matte brown. There's something for everyone here.

What I really love, and what sets these apart from the countless other shadows out there, is the staying power. My eyelids are super oily. Creasing is part of my daily life. When I wear these with a primer, they stay on all day without creasing or fading. They still look great 8+ hours after I apply them.

My only issue with them (and this is relatively minor) is that only a fraction of the shades are in Sephora stores. I can't test drive most of them, so I have to do some homework and accept the risk of buying before trying them. So far though *knock on wood* I haven't found one yet that I didn't like.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

mufe has AMAZING eyeshadows. they blend like a dream and aren't powdery. (besides matte shades, which always kick up a little powder no matter what) the ones i've tried have been extremely pigmented, making the little pan they come in last forever. i could not recommend these eyeshadows enough, i've been using them every time i do my makeup for the past month and i'm left impressed by them every single time.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I probably dont have this exact color but their eyeshadows are pretty good,on the expensive side but then again you do get twice more than you would get in Mac shadow and
MUFE shadows are creamier

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Eggshell and Pink Gray, which I use for a highlight and contour. They're really pigmented, and they blend out pretty nicely. I would definitely consider going to these for more of my shadows.

I bought 3 shadows and the palette to get the $20 discount. But that still comes to $44 for 3 eyeshadows. I purchased 3 matte colors: eggshell (M530), fawn (M664) and espresso (M618). The only outstanding performer was fawn. Eggshell was too light, even for my N/NW10-15 skin, and it didn't apply smoothly or evenly. Espresso was an outstanding color--the darkest brown I've ever seen, but it applied streaky and patchy. Wear time for these two shadows was not impressive--no more than 4 hours. At the end of the 4 hours, the eggshell would highlight the crepiness in my lids (which isn't terrible yet) and the espresso would look like little specks. This happened whether I powdered my lids (suggested by MUFE), primed them, or primed them and used a paint pot as a base. The fawn color was so outstanding, I considered keeping only it. It is a peanut butter shade, and it wears beautifully, and is a great crease color, transition color, or even a lid color for a darker complected person. But I couldn't justify keeping it when I have other shadows that work equally well for a fraction of the cost, such as MAC brown script and Makeup Geek frappe.

Amazing shadows! So smooth and super pigmented, I don't know what I was doing without these shadows in my life!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First I'd like to suggest MUA separate the old formula and new formula for this eye shadow. As other members have pointed out, the entire line is completely different and this problem should be addressed (ok, stepping down from my soap box.) That being said...New formula...Wow, what fantastic eye shadow. I am an eye shadow fanatic and I have experience with lots of HE shadow. This shadow is so intensely pigmented, I can honestly say that I have never ran across another pan style shadow that is packed with so much intensity while maintaining smooth, easy and blendable application. I've swatched many of the colors at my local Sephora, but I've bought 3 pans for myself so far. I got two mattes and one diamond. The mattes are by far the best mattes I have ever worked with. They are so smooth and blendable, frankly it's like make up sorcery! They are so buttery, it is impossible to believe you are working with a true matte. Also, you literally only need to tap the tips of your bristles into the pan once, no need to swirl or double dip. This allows for more accurate application and precision for an overall better experience. I looked at lots of reviews and videos about these before I made the commitment and I'm surprised there are so many "meh" reviews. Granted, I haven't tried every finish. The diamond is gorgeous tho, the pigment is still strong, as in only one dip/ one swipe does the trick, but it's still a sheer wash of color with beautiful diamond shimmers. The shimmer is definitely the star in this finish. The price for these fantastic shadows is also reasonable. Of course, they still put a ding in the checkbook, but over all, you are getting a LOT of product and a discount for buying several at one time. I wish I could buy more, but I cannot allow myself yet as I have a large color selection of multiple brands and I refuse to buy similar colors. However, when I need a replacement, or a special occasion calls for a specific wild color I have yet to add to my collect, these shadows are going to be my new GO TO FIRST.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have recently changed my eye look. After years of dark mascara/eyeliner, it was starting to look a bit obvious and dated. I lived in Denmark for years and I always liked that wide eyed, clean eye look they do. So, I binned the mascara, reserved the eyeliner for fancy Nancy days, and went in search of some eye shadow.
I wanted a palette with lots of neutrals and a little shimmer. And it had to be small and travel friendly. I worked my way through pretty much everything in Sephora, with a very patient SA. It was like Goldilocks: some were too matte, some were too big, some had too many dark shadows.
Enter MUFE and their customizable palette.
The size was the first draw. The 3 shadow palette is sleek and easily fits in a makeup bag. This was a selling point over the UD and Sephora brand customizable palettes. Big, square containers are the bane of travelers. Alot of the seasonal minis have mostly dark shadows and be darned if I am going to cart around something I don't use. Having said all that, the Tarte Bon Voyage Xmas 2014 palette just about caught me. Just wow. Someone else out there buy that and do beautiful things to yourself, please!
Back on track... the quality of the packaging. The shadows magnetically clip into the palette and even by swinging the case around, they don't budge (the SA was REALLY patient!).
Third, the size of the individual shadows is really huge. I'm pretty sure I just bought a lifetime supply of taupe.
Now for the product. I got two "I" (champagne and a light rose gold) and an "ME" (lilac). Nothing I didn't want, which is genius. The I's have enough shimmer to be noticeable but not enough that I look inappropriately sparkly. A soft, daytime sheen. The ME is my walk on the wild side. I have green eyes, and the sheer lilac is lovely as a wash of pale colour, again without being too tacky, though tacky is in the eye of the beholder.
I've played with this palette all week and the staying power is good. On in the AM, still noticeable in the PM. I am not using this to create complicated looks, so I haven't noticed any slide or transfer.
The price was steep. I recently upped my whole skincare/makeup game, so I am getting used to that hiss of breath at the cash register and this rang in at $50 CDN. Woof.
For many, this would be ridiculous. An UD Naked palette is a much better deal. But for my needs, it was perfect. Small, nothing unnecessary and nothing I won't use. High quality product, and I will replace individual shadows as my needs or style change. And a shout out to David at the Moncton Sephora. Well done, buddy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried marking this formula as discontinued, but MUA wants to lump the old and new shadows into one link. Within the last month or two MUFE discontinued their older formula and came out with 210 new shadows that can be used all over for anything from every day makeup to makeup artistry. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges because they're so different. The older version could be dry and hard to work with, but it was pigmented. This new formula is a gel powder that varies depending on the finish.The price isn't that different, but you can get a better deal if you buy many at one time. I will try to describe the new finishes.

1. Metallic- very pigmented- labeled as 'ME' and extremely creamy. These almost feel like a cream shadow and they have more gel in them than the other finishes.

2. Iridescent- pigmented- labeled as 'I', and a shimmer finish.

3. Matte-very pigmented- labeled as 'M', and a smooth matte finish.

4. Diamond- very pigmented- labeled as 'D' and a creamy finish with diamond glitter.

5. Satin- labeled as 'S' and the most sheer of all. Some people have issues getting the satins to show up on deeper skin tones. If you like softer shades then it might work for you.