December 21, 2014 | 427 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in the market for a more heavy duty cream to tackle the sporadic dryness I experience to my eyes, cheeks, and skin around the corners of my mouth. I was really undecided, trying to justify $15 for a drugstore cream when I saw Pond's Dry Skin cream at a fraction of the price. I've been using it daily and I have been really pleased. As I get older I have developed some skin sensitivity issues, and I thought for sure I would be banished to using only scent free products. Thankfully, this scented cream hasn't been a problem at all. You can apply it with a heavy hand, but a little dab will do ya just fine. This pot is going to last a very, very long time. Excellent value for the money. The only reason I'm taking away a Lippie is die to the lack of any SPF. Yes, I wear it at night, but I love it so much I've been using it (lightly) as my daytime moisturizer, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Applemonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream has worked well for me or at least I got compliments on my skin after using it. In fact it may have been the best moisturizer I have used. Unfortunately, out of all these paraben scares and such I decided to not take risks even though the cream itself wasn't bad. This gives minus one star. Another because I am not the biggest fan of the scent. It isn't too strong though. Perhaps I may buy this again and use it moderately as it was a good cream. Until I find more research that says all these chemical/paraben scares are wrong then I will probably use it a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Hannahkay21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this cream. I have pretty normal skin but it is very sensitive to certain things. My skin gets really really dry when it gets cold out, so I use this cream every night before bed. Since using this cream, I have yet to wake up with a dry face. I don't know why people think it smells like "old lady". I happen to love the smell.. It is light and not obnoxious. Most of the other creams I have gotten for super dry skin are way too oily and I don't like that. This one is light enough but does a great job. I do not think I'll ever buy a different heavy moisturizer again.. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great cream. Except for the tub, which I do think is a pretty design but not that hygienic. But oh well, I'm not a germaphobe.
The fragrance is light, the cream is nearly weightless, and I use it on my face and body. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy like Cetaphil.
Great for summer and winter. For overnight, I sometimes add some Vaseline to the mix for extra moisture. It wears well under makeup and although it does have a strong smell in the jar, that fragrance doesn't cling to me all day. Would I prefer something totally scent-free? Maybe. But I already bought this a few times, so I'm pretty happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually have normal/oily skin but I live in an area where the winters are extremely dry and cold so my skin instantly starts drying and getting flaky after I wash it.

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air
- consistancy is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Pray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never thought I would like this the smell is kind of
old lady, but I tryed this and it has really helped
I always bought the most expensive I guess you
pay for the name brand but it is not always the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It has an extremely strong fragrance, as others have said it smells like old lady. I found it extremely off-putting but nevertheless I still wanted to try it. I should have stopped after the smell. I have sensitive skin so some of the most random products can mess with my skin. This one ruined my skin. Instead of moisturizing it, my skin got very dry, red, and itchy. I only used this for three days (only at night) and I couldn't continue because my skin was dying. I introduced this product to my skin by itself so I knew it was the culprit. Patch testing doesn't seem to work with my skin so I didn't know the adverse reaction I would have. It took weeks to get my skin back in to check. Be careful trying this product if your skin hates fragrance like mine. If it smells too strong, trust your gut and don't use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by katietanxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this moisturizer on my legs & arms during the summer because it leaves my skin smooth & makes my legs look great after shaving. They look smooth, soft, and they glisten. There's no scent which is great for sensitive skin. It has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like the generic non-scented lotions. My issue with this lotion is for people with sensitive skin on their face. I figured since it worked so well on my body I would give it a try on my face. Don't use it on your face whatsoever if you are like me. I broke out within a few days of using it on my face. I had tiny little red bumps all over my cheeks & my face stayed red even when I didn't have the lotion on. Overall, I do adore this lotion on every part of my body but my face so if you want a lovely body lotion, go for this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by daisy309

My first thought once I opened Ponds Facial Dry Skin Cream: "This smells like old lady."
However once I put it on my skin, I didn't care! It's hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive skin, doesn't clog pores, AND it's dermatologist tested! So, you can feel safe using this product.
It's a pretty heavy cream, so a little bit goes a long way. I put it on during the day after my morning cleansing only if I don't plan on wearing makeup. Otherwise, it makes my whole face look greasy. I would recommend using this as a night-time moisture surge!
I have noticed lately that it comes on very thick and heavy, but eventuality starts to fade after about the first hour of application. Not sure if my skin is really dry or if it's the product. With that, if you have oily skin, I would not recommend this to you! I have combination skin, and this lotion makes my T-zone and chin really oily.
I would buy it again simply because I think it does moisturize my face and that's the whole goal here. It's inexpensive. It comes in a cute little tub. Plus, I feel like this is every Grandma's secret to silky, ageless skin.
Enjoy Sweet Peas! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ShalimarMoon

I was looking for a simple, soothing cream to alternate with my retinol lotion. This is perfect. It's so calming that any redness in my skin disappears after a couple hours. I used to think mineral oil was a no-no, but did some reading up, learned that's a myth, and went ahead and tried the Ponds. So glad I did. It moisturizes really well, doesn't cause me to break out, and feels great on my face. I happen to love the old-fashioned scent. This is a comforting and effective moisturizer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No