MAC Lipglass in clear

3.8

hydrogenated polyisobutene, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, octyldodecanol, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, tocopheryl acetate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, vanillin, phenoxyethanol

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have no idea what crazy fairy whispered in my ear that I should throw this on top of the already expensive pile of makeup on the counter of MAC store! I could have saved my money and gotten exactly equivalent product in a nice Barbie-, Frozen- or Hello Kitty-decorated tube in any supermarket. It's super sticky and feels like I'm fourteen again.

But now I'm stuck with it and unfortunately this embarrassingly stupid purchase will probably stay in my makeup case until retirement age - I really need only to pat a fraction of a drop in the middle of my lower lip to add that nice bit of shine on any lipstick. I whish that drop didn't feel like glue, thou.

Maybe I'll be able to donate it to my daughter when she turns fourteen, in eight years time. It will hardly be touched.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my 2nd tube! This gives new life to lipsticks like an alter ego! Very sticky & very moisturizing. I've tried a few other clear glosses & nothing compares. The closest I've come is wnw glassy gloss but not even barely worth mentioning. Just don't say you want a "see through Lipglass" or they will send C-thru Lipglass which is definitely not clear fwiw this happened to me lol my operator as ESL I think but I enjoy that one too (milky nude beige), kinda humorous when I reflect back on it lol story I'll tell the g/kids LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

As a gloss on its own this product is wayyy too sticky and thick however, if you put a little on top of a matte lipstick or even a cream based lipstick it gives it an extra boost. If you're a girl that likes nicely glossed lips then you'll love this but it is VERY sticky and a little goes a long way. I like that with the tube you can just apply it directly to your lips but just remember to wipe the tip off once done or else you'll be mixing last nights colour with tonights lip colour. Since it is thick i like to only put a dab on my top and bottom lip, press my lips together and smooth it out then gently press my lips on a piece of tissue and I'm set for the night.

Although a little goes a long way, I paid a little more for this than my lipstick which I wasn't too pleased with but nevertheless this product does what it's supposed and a little goes a very long way!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sticky and long-lasting, I've been a fan of MAC lipglasses since teenager. This recently bought this for the second time. I apply it over my lipsticks directly from the tube and tab it with my fingers. I like the gloss doesn't get dirty because there is no wand.

The only downside is you sometimes have to wipe off the tip of the tube because it gets sticky. This packaging is however better than the very old one which leaked.

This is still the best clear lip gloss ever. Yes, it`s sticky but it lasts. You need very little.. just at the center of the lips and you`re good to go. It also photographs very well... Best shine...I`ve been using this for more than 10 years now and nothing compares. It gives my lips this wet look which is so sexy!

Another reviewer said this is "As far as clear lipglosses go, this is about as good as it gets" and she's right. I have tried every clear gloss out there, from cheap to expensive because I often don't like color in my lip gloss & this one offers the best shine lacquer finish without being glittery. You can wear it alone or, layered over other lipsticks/stains. You only need a tiny amount so the $$ you spend on the tube will last you a long time. I usually lose lip glosses before running out ;) It is sticky, no doubt so...sometimes yes, my hair does get stuck when the wind blows but hey...we all suffer for beauty! I would repurchase, should I ever have the need.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product is in my opinion way to sticky and thick to wear on it's own. I do like this over lipstick, just a thin layer to give a beautiful shine. Wouldn't repurchase again because i can't wear on it's own .

I love the look achieved with product but if you have long hair, it gets stuck to your lips! I recommend wearing long hair tied back away from the face when using lipglass. Also, my hubby hates the feel of it when I kiss him while wearing it! Otherwise, its an ok product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Everything stuck to my lips when I wore this, it was terrible.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As far as clear lipglosses go, this is about as good as it gets. Pretty much every product line has one, yet of the many dupes I have, the original is still the best IMHO. Sure, you’re paying a little more just because its MAC, but the tube I have is probably 5 years old and I still have about 75% left, so it was well worth my money. There’s no scent and no taste. It’s thick & sticky, and lasts a long time on my lips. It’s surprisingly non-drying (though not particularly moisturizing, though I wouldn’t expect it to be). I use a tiny, pin-point sized amount over my sheer lipcolors to give them a little more shine and longevity. I get a good 2-3 hours before reapplication is needed. I don’t wear this every day, though I’m getting more use out of it as of lately. It’s versatile, as it can be worn on its own or over other lipcolors, applied lightly for just a bit of sheen or more heavily for full-on glossy lips, and even mixed with a more pigmented lipstick to ‘sheer’ it out. There are many dupes readily available for a lower price, but this is a quality product worth its price, for its supremely concentrated formula & exceptional staying power. I would repurchase, should I ever have the need.

Recommended for Medium Skin