Neutrogena Lip Nutrition- Soothing Mint

3.3

on 1/12/2009 11:03:00 PM

this is not at all soothing..and very hard in the tub and basicly a waste of money..

on 1/1/2009 1:00:00 AM

I bought this product just for the fact that i wanted to try something new haha. Overall, i like this product. It makes my lips seem fuller, and just a hint of shimmer to them. It is creamy when applying it on which i like, and it goes smoothly on my lips. The price is kind of steep, and i dont use it enough to really consider buying it again.

on 10/16/2008 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i have no idea what happened but it seems like they made a new fromula for this product. I bought one when it first came out and it smelled sooo good! it went on my lips smoothly with a hint of shimmer and it had a nice minty smell. When I ran out of it, I decided to buy another one and it is the complete opposite. it is waxy, barely a shimmer in it, and it smells terrible! it is even starting to change colors! I'm actually thinking of writing a letter to Neutrogena and telling them that their old formula is better. Not sure if it'll work but it's worth a try...
*UPDATE*- I just called customer service and spoke with a very nice lady from Neutrogena. I told her about her about how I felt about this product and she took down my information and said that a refund will be sent to me! She also said that my input on this product will be sent to the I think it was marketing executives, something like that. lol.

on 3/26/2007 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe it. I like these Lip Nutrition balms. I received these balms in a collection on eBay. The only one I'm missing is the Passionfruit Boosting balm. This one smells divine, and leaves a gorgeous shimmer on my lips. I can't believe they're receiving such bad reviews! UPDATE: So...I got tempted to stir this with a plastic knife. I'm happy with my decision - it made this like the consistency of icing. Mint icing. Less hard to dig your finger in. Mine had also started to turn weird on the top. Couldn't be happier with it now. I'm gonna try it on the others (I have the other flavors). Yay!

This product seemed to dry my lips rather than moisturise and "soothe" them. I'm a big fan of mint flavored things, but this was a total disappointment. I tried to be optimistic about it when I bought this product, but my finger tried to get as much of the stuff on my lips and I was always found unsatisfied. Pass on this one. You can get a cheaper more moisturizing version that doesn't come in a pot by Chapstick. And at least then you'll get some result!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

weirdly creamy, nice shimmer, very cool, smells nice like creme de menthe, tastes ok, moisturizes well, I likes it

on 8/19/2006 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

hmmm not very many good reviews on this. well i like it, the smell is nice and i love the cool mint feeling on my lips! It makes my lips healthy and soft which is nice since i have full lips i like them to look good. It also makes my lips glossy, but natural and pretty. its a bit expensive to me *$6* and im sure there r better things out there, but its nice for now. I probably wont repurchas when i run out, next time ill try something different. nice stuff though =]

on 7/2/2005 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this as a 'night conditioning' treatment for my lips, and for that purpose, it's working wonders! When I wake up, my lips are much softer and healthier looking (I tend to bite down on my lip when worried, ugh). As others here have remarked, there isn't much shimmer to it, so I wouldn't use it as a lip gloss for going out (except as a conditioning base). It does have a very soothing, cooling effect when I put it on and a 'mint-like' smell. Overall, I'm happy with it and my lips seem to like it, so I would repurchase. :]

on 1/23/2005 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this product with two of the other Lip Nutritions (Berry Smooth and Mango Moisture). I do like the cooling effect of it and the shimmer as well. I don't like how it comes in a pot because sometimes my fingers aren't clean enough to apply it to my lips.. So I leave it by my computer and put it on after I wash my hands. I usually only use this product at night or at home because it doesn't have any SPF. I don't think I'd buy this again because it's so expensive by itself ($8)!! Also, I don't really like mint smelling/flavored things..

on 10/26/2004 8:53:00 PM

Bought this because they don't have in Canada (sad eh.) Quite nice, very soothing and had a bit of shimmer =) It doesn't exactly smell like mint, more like wax. Would be nice if the package came in a not-use-your-fingers kind of way? Overall, would repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments