October 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Polishes - Urban Decay - Twisted Nail Enamel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2003 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I received this as an extra, so I didn't have to purchase it. It isn't the kind of shade I would normally reach for, but it is quite distinctive and gorgeous. This is kind of a pewter/golden color that looks very glowy. Perfect for toes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2003 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ikky

This is the most gorgeous color in UD's nail enamel collection. It's a sheer platinum gold with a hint of olive undertone. *Gorgeous* *Gorgeous* The problem I have with it is that it chips in no time, so a top coat will be needed. In this respect, it's not as great as Chanel ones, but the color is truely beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this color. And I was thrilled to find it b/c the HR "Gold Fusion" nail enamel I was lusting for had been limited edition. And UD's Twisted is a great substitute for it -- a pale coolish gold intense shimmer. SOOO sparkly and gorgeous. In a word: fabulous.
My only problem is the fast chipping (decidedly not fabulous *sigh*), as orodwen mentioned below, hence only a four lippie rating. But it's the case, I think, with lots of highly metallic (Sally Hansen Chrome, I'm lookin' at YOU) nail color. Despite this, I'd repurchase. In a second. MOS DEF. :D continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 12:03:00 PM More reviews by orodwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not usually a big one for gold jewelry, makeup and what have you. Lately, though, i've been finding gilded products which I can wear with ease. Twisted is one of these products.

On Urban Decay's site, Twisted is described as, "light gold, gold, gold" but it's a bit more than that. Yes, it's a pale gold but it appears to have a greenish-silver element to it which makes it more neutral. This is an an enamel which is all shimmer. I don't think they used any non-shimmery pigment at all. It looks fantastic in daylight as well as intense indoor lighting.

The design of the bottle is nice; smooth curves in both the lid and the container. the stem holding the brush is a nice length but I find that the brush is a tad too stiff and it applies the colour unevenly. Fortunately, Twisted seems to settle itself decently onto the nail bed so the imbalance created by the brush isn't as noticable. If it weren't for the brush I think I'd give this nail colour 5 lippies.

I'm a PPP at the dark end of that quality due to my high colour. My skin is neutral and errs on the pink side but as I've aged i've become a tad more sallow. This might not work for all PPP's but it works for me.

Later on, as I wear this colour more, I'll find out about its longevity but at this moment I've only had it on 36 hours with no base and I only have a few minor chips on my right index and pinky fingers (I use these fingers a lot so I'm not surprised). continued >>