Dr. Hauschka Neem Oil Nail Care Stick

3.6

Arachis Hypogaea, Melia Azadirachta, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Prunus Armeniaca, Chamomilla Recutita, Parfum, Linalool*, Limonene*.

on 9/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I read in a magazine that this oil strengthened the keratin in the nails to make them stronger. I bought this oil in the bottle rather than in the stick form. I have used 85% of my pricey bottle only to notice slight improvements. This oil is expensive and it is also messy. I use it in the morning and also before bed. I prefer a $5 jar of cream called Healthy Hoof. It is in the nail care isle at CVS and smells relaxing before bed and isn't messy. It delivers results but only as long as I keep using it, which is why I was looking for another product. Unfortunately this Neem Oil wasn't it.

on 2/12/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The first thing that happened when I opened the package is the plastic cap came off and all the spare tips fell into the sink and went down the drain. Dang. Took a lippie off for that. When I first used it I wasn't sure if any oil was coming out, but after firmly pressing down for a few seconds I could see that my nails were getting a nice thin coat of oil. I can see how some people might like to see more oil coming out, but I personally like that I don't have grease all over my fingertips. I think the felt tip is perfect for pushing down cuticles too, so I like this pen and will be more careful with the spares next time.

on 1/19/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE the nail oil, HATE the pen. This just didn't work for me at all: the tips dried out and got dirty, and it was difficult to get enough of the oil out of the hard tips and onto my cuticles and nail beds. However, the oil itself is fabulous: very moisturizing, healed my dry cuticles, smells wonderful and isn't greasy. I'll buy the bottled oil next time, the pen was a rip-off.

on 8/29/2010 3:43:00 PM

I love this product!!!! I use it for my cuticles and around the nails. This is and always was kind of a "problem area" on my hands. What I like most is that this Nail Care Stick is that it is very convenient to use. It dispenses just enough product and you just have product on places that you put it! Not on the fingertips and stuff since this comes in a pen. I really hate when you put on handlotion and you have to be careful not to get grease everywhere.
I carry this around in my purse all the time! Have been using it for a couple of month now and I didn´t have to refill or change the tip so far.
I will definitively buy this again!

on 8/16/2010 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What can I say... This product it is just a rip-off, after a few applications it did dry out (no chance to use all of the tips up) and it wasn´t expired and the tips are so hard.... It did nothing for my nails. I would have rather bought the liquid in a bottle version...

on 7/24/2009 4:36:00 AM

I may be in the minority here, but I love the pen system. I don´t understand why quite a few reviewers have problems with it, it dispenses just enough oil, and if you want more you simply go over your nail again until you´re satisfied. I´d much rather have this than some oil pens I´ve had before that dispense too much of the product, and you´ll end up with greasy fingers. No, I love this pen for good reason.

My nails haven´t looked better, and I´m not easy on them since I work with horses every day. I love how my cuticles look, they´re not as rough as before. My nails are strong and seem to grow longer now without breaking, at least I never grew them this long. I used OPIs nail pen before, that didn´t do so much for me. I´m very happy with this product and will continue to buy. It´s a HG for me. Hauschka got me hooked on yet another fantastic product.

I'm a committed user of Dr Hauschka products and I love the neem oil, but the nail care stick is not value for money when compared to the bottle, added to which it does not dispense well. I got so fed up with it I threw it away.

But it really is just the packaging and the quantity of product that are the issues. I love the idea of it - a convenient size for handbag or holidaying, pointy thing on the lid for pushing back cuticles or running under nails, spare tips - but it just doesn't work well enough to justify the price.

I have had fantastic results with the oil, which has improved the condition of my cuticles and nails beyond recognition. I would recommend the oil strongly, but only in the bottle.

on 3/1/2008 1:10:00 AM

I have never used the pen, when I bought the Neem Nail Oil it was in a small pump bottle. Anyway, I loved it so much. I would apply it to my cuticles after showering and spread it around, leave it on for a short while as I continued my morning routine, and then when I styled my hair it would come off a bit into my hair which was also nice. It made my nails and cuticles so soft and nice. I need to get another bottle, I miss it!

on 2/26/2008 8:04:00 AM

HG itm for me! I have Raynaud's (circulation issues in hands and feet) and my hands dry out, crack and bleed due to the condition. This is in a pen formula with tip refills. The neem oil comes out in a measured form so the delivery system is hygenic and practical. Neem oil is amazing hydrating treatment which moisturizes, conditions(mostly applied to my nails and cuticle's) and I could not live without it. If I don't use it my nails look horrible- enough said!

on 10/19/2007 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While the oil itself is very nice (several of the earlier reviews seem to be referring to the oil in a bottle), the pen delivery system simply did not work for me. This item is .13 oz in a plastic pen, with 4 replaceable felt tips incuded.

I found it was hard to get enough oil out, and when you replaced a tip, it took forever to get the oil back through the new tip.

A shame, because I did really like the portability and like a previous reviewer, liked to be able to apply this during red lights. : )

Anyway, this is a big thumbs down for me since it was very expensive and I ended up tossing it before it was gone, because I couldn't manage to get the replacement tips to work right. continued >>

Popular Treatments