July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - Private Reserve White Truffle Luxury Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jadelowe

Good the first time you use it along with the shampoo, but the second and third it does nothing your normal conditioner wouldn't. Its ok but not worth the ridiculous price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2006 6:15:00 AM More reviews by jephphriey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's eyecatching, it's talked-about, it's hyped-up, and it's ultimately a letdown. Does not moisturize enough, the fragrance is a bit too old-lady for me, and really offers . . . nothing. No shine. No smoothing. No volume. Nada. Pretty bottle, though . . .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good conditioner but it's nothing special. And I hate the way they try and make it sound so important refering to the 'private reserve' bit. I usually buy Amazing Grace condition by Philosophy which is much better. It's funny how this conditioner is a lot more expensive than Anti Aging Moisterising Conditioner but Moisterising conditioner is much better. One thing I did really like about this product is it smells wonderful, luxurious and expensive and it lasts on your hair but I won't be buying this conditioner again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by april1976

I got mine for free through a friend's Emmy giftbag, but I would not have purchased it. The smell is divine though...and that's what's such a bummer - you smell it and think it has to be just as divine for the hair, then it's a let down. This was not as moisturizing as I'd liked it to have been. My hair is thick, wavy/curly and color-treated. For these reasons, I need something with "oomph" and for $80, it should be way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by selkieheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the way this stuff smells! It does feel very luxurious as well. The first time I used it I got amazing results. My hair was very smooth and soft. However, on the second and third uses my hair just didn't look smazing. Okay, but not awsome.
I would only recommend the shampoo and conditioner for use every couple of weeks- you should alternate it with other products. But unless you can easily afford it, don't waste your money. It's great for pampering yourself, and the scent is heavenly if you leave it on your hair and take a relaxing bubble bath. But totally overpriced!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 11:19:00 PM More reviews by FashionProfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I have tried almost every alterna product there is.
I will say that this is a rich, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
I will say I would not recommend this as a daily use shampoo or conditioner.
It is great as a weekly or bi weekly treat.
This Shampoo is for extremely very dry, brittle hair.
If you have used this and have had oil buildup and etc it is because this particular shampoo/conditioner is not for you or you have been using too frequently.
If you hair is oily, fine or thin do not use this shampoo daily or frequently.
Alterna makes other products that are more suitable.

As a Professional, Alterna is the best hair care line there is my opinion. It is a very fragrant line. Also very pricey-But well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i love the white truffle line! it really does change your hair after just one wash. my hair is much softer and very shiny after i use white truffle. the smell is wonderful. i love it, and couldnt imagine never using it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the Private reserve White truffle luxury shampoo and conditioner. What a waste of money! Sure the first time you use it your hair is nice and soft and smells fabulous but after that it's all about the build up!
Every day you continue to use it the product builds up on your hair causing it to be limp, lifeless, and very dull. My hairdresser even complained about how bad my hair had started looking and pointed out that i had a hairspray-like crusty buildup on my scalp. ICK! After he questioned what i'd changed in my haircare routine he was able to pick out the alterna shampoo and conditioner as the culprit. He had seen these product do this to many heads of hair before mine and informed me that's why he refused to carry the line. As soon as i invested in a good clarifying shampoo and stopped using these products my hair went back to being healthy, full of body and shine, and build up free. I just can't believe I wasted so much money and gave into the hype surrounding these products. Do your hair a favor, stay away from this shampoo and conditioner set.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 12:10:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product worked great and it made my hair really nice. But the shampoo and conditioner each cost about $80, and I don't think its worth it. There are much cheaper alternatives that work just as well. I mean if you can afford to blow 160 bucks, give it a try. But if not, don't fret over it, your not missing out on anything big.