November 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jurlique - Blemish Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ashmaaa

Dont expect miracles with this product. It will not give u acne-free face. What it'll do is give u comfort, relief from redness and itching and gradually the pimple will disappear. I mean 3 nights at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have hormonal chin acne, and this is the perfect daytime spot treatment cross concealer, though I understand that a lot of people use it as a nighttime treatment only, supposedly because of its mediocre blending abilities. Before my sister introduced me to this blemish cream, I had been on the lookout for a foundation / BB cream that would not clog pores in order to cover up my spots and acne scars, but did not have any success. This blemish cream is really a life saver.

After some experimentation and gathering ideas from the reviews on MUA, I have figured out the best way to blend this tinted cream into the skin without making it look like a balled up mess.

Firstly, I would squeeze a tiny amount (less than a pea size) onto the tip of my finger. You only really need a little bit of this product, so I don't think that the tiny tube is pricey at all, as it will last you a long time.

Secondly, I would dip a lip brush into that tiny amount to pick up an even tinnier amount. I would then brush the product onto my spots / acne scars with my lip brush in a single direction, dipping for more product when necessary. In my case, I would brush in downward strokes. This should then blend the cream very nicely into the skin. I don't apply foundation on top.

As for its blemish healing properties, I find that it is stronger than tea tree oil, but not as strong as benzoyl peroxide. The advantage that this has over benzoyl peroxide though is that it does not irritate my skin, dry me out or leave a burnt red mark behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by gingerbeer

I decided to buy this after reading reviews here on MUA and after using several Jurlique products. It definitely works well for my mild cystic acne, doing as others have said - reducing redness, quickly reducing the size of the blemish and helping keep a generally clear complexion. I don't mind the colour, it doesn't really provide any coverup for me but I prefer it over a white cream for some reason. The fragrance is predominantly tea tree oil but works better (for me at least) than just plain tea tree oil on its own.

I do find that it is not always enough in combatting or completely banishing blemishes during particularly trying times (high stress, high hormones) so I will occasionally supplement with an OTC benzoyl peroxide cream. Either way, I'll keep using it because the results are quite good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure if Id buy this product again. So I think maybe I just needed to read the product description or the reviews here in more detail because I was expecting something altogether different. I thought this would be a regular blemish cream that you apply at night or whatever, colorless just a moisturizer with blemish fighting properties. This is actually a thin-ish concealer-foundation looking cream that has color in it. Its supposed to be tapped onto pimples for makeup purposes I think per the Jurlique description (now that Ive bought it and decided to read it haha). Because I was expecting a regular cream I also thought the tube would be a lot bigger. I ordered it online and didn't realize how tiny the product would be, its truly very tiny in real life. I suppose if its just meant to be tapped onto pimples it should last a long time but I have been using it as a cream all over my jaw and neck where I'm prone to acne. I dont know if its made a huge difference. I have started to wash my face twice a day (before just used to wash in morning then makeup remover at night) but with summer and oiliness + few more pimples cropping up nowadays I am using it all over the acne prone areas. I have had less pimples come up but theres still the occasional nasty one that does show up so I dont know if this is a miracle product. I like the consistency and the way it dries, I'm not sure how potent it is honestly. I also think that it does a poor job at being a concealer so jurlique should just make it a colorless acne treatment sort of product. Its nothing to write home about (for me at least) so although I will use this tube up (i do think the ingredients are great, it feels great on skin, doesnt irritate my skin, all pluses), I'm not sure if i'd repurchase since i'm always on the lookout for a better pimple buster. If anything change and this miraculously becomes the it product for me I will edit this but as of now nothing too compelling....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really works for me. It's not too drying and leaves my skin in good condition while treating the zit. Other zit creams can worsen the problem being too drying and harsh. It works best tapped into the skin in one direction. Really love this stuff. It also has a strong herbal scent which makes it seem even more effective. I think one tube will last a very long time but I will definitely repurchase when I run out. It would have been even better if the cream were thicker because then it would be easier to apply and probably have better coverage, but other than that, this is a fine cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first actual blemish treatment I've tried, but I really like it. It dries out my spots without drying the surrounding skin area and it doesn't smell bad.
At first I thought I would be able to use this instead of a concealer on my blemishes, and also did in the beginning as it is coloured. It turns out the shade is too dark for my skin, and also it is to thin to use as a concealer. Now I use it for days at home with no make-up and at night. This also seems to be enough for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this cream and actually adore the fact that is gives some very subtle concealerish coverage which is why I got it. Jurlique products have great ingredients as does this cream. I don't ever use harsh spot treatments as I like to be able to apply them as often as I want without having to worry about my skin drying out. That is why natural is the way to go and the only other treatment I use it Dessert Essence Tea Tree Blemish stick which is great as well. If I am at home when I happen to ahv ea breakout I don't put anything on and jsut let my skin breathe/heal. However when going out for the day I just apply the Tea Tree stick to my blemishes, and then add this as an extra does of spot treatment plus a slight concealer in one. Very easy to blend and actually has staying power as opposed to liquidy voerups you have to pu ton a million times to actually cover anything. So no clue how other reviews have problem with this blending as that isn't the case at all. Anyhow couldn't be happier with my combo on natural spot treatments as my blemish go away quickly and all without harsh chemicals or having to cake on makeup over them to cover things up which only clogs your pores more. Very much worth the money for me as this is the best concealer/blemish treatment in one (I don' mean to imply this will cover huge acne or pimples but for average blemishes for most it will work good enough) plus all natural, what more could you ask for! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne for more than 10 years but it just doesn't clear up, some days are okay but some days really bad and I believe this is come from internal (either hormone or sth make my skin really oily). I have tried a lot products before (The body shop Tea tree oil gel, Oxy, Ego brand, neutrogena and others that I forgot already...)
But most of them just not effective after I used it for more than few months. After I used it for few weeks I actually shocked that this cream actually works for me. I tend to have some big red cryst acne but if I apply it for 1-2 days it reduce the size and redness a lot! Now if I have acne I will put some before I put my foundation because it got no colour if you blend well, also doesn't dry my skin out like other cream/gel do. Sometime if I have hayfever and got allergies, I put some on and it reduce the itchiness too.
The only I think its not so good is the packaging, it will be better if the hole can be a bit smaller, since now its like a mini toothpaste and I think it will be more hygienic to have a smaller hole.
Edit: I have used it for almost 4 years now, still love it! Great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

I think Jurlique can make a blemish treatment that is transparent without trying to attempt to be a concealer, because the concealer part does not work. It takes too much efforts to make this cream blend into your skin as a day-time cover-up, so I ended up using this mostly for night time treatment on the spots. I would say for that purpose it is effective most of the time, if I can ignore the traces of the cream on my pillow case. Not sure if I would buy this again as it is not cheap and the packaging is also a pain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I understand what other reviewers have given negative reviews on this product, and I did run into those problems initially, for the cream being too thin and no coverage as a concealer and colour not exactly matching to their skin tones (too pinkish) etc.

Aesthetically speaking, the problems can be resolved: I use a Shu Uemura foundation brush to apply this cream on the acne area, which gives it a super thin coat over the problematic area, almost invisible after blending it into skin with this brush, regardless of your skin tones, and sometimes I blend it with Shu Uemura Face Architect foundation (for them having a very similar consistencies) and apply all over the face, the result and texture are very natural.

When it comes to the healing properties on reducing acne, it works perfectly for me, acne is usually reduced and flattened by 80% overnight, completely gone within 24 hours.

So for those who are dissatisfied with the look of this cream, please don't make a judgement too quickly and give this tube away!! Give this another try with a foundation brush, it would work!