Almay Clear Gel Antiperspirant & Deodorant

3.1

on 5/4/2015 3:20:00 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate this deodorant...but I certainly didn't have an enjoyable experience. I typically use gel deodorants due to my habit of getting deodorant stains on just about everything that happens to come into contact with my exposed armpit. I don't typically have any armpit sensitivities unless there happens to be a cut during shaving. This Almay antiperspirant made me totally rethink that. First and foremost, this gel NEVER dries. I thought my clothes looked bad when using solid deodorants but this one absolutely wreaked havoc. Unless you have time to wander around your home, with your arms above your head waiting for this to dry then I wouldn't recommend this. This deodorant also severely irritated my skin, causing it to burn all day until I finally gave up and washed it off. I hope that others have had better luck with this product but unfortunately, I have to give it a rating of 1.

on 7/18/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just no. This never dries, no matter how little you put on. It also stains clothes, because your clothes absorb the product that has not dried. My armpits feel sticky and gross. I don't have time to wait for this to attempt to dry or change my shirt after it gets ruined. The knob at the bottom does not click or stop you in any way from dispensing too much product. This is cheaper than most other deodorants, but it's not worth it.

on 5/11/2014 12:16:00 PM

Este es lo mejor que he comprado en mi vada :la solucion de mi problema .he provado inumerables desorante que no funzionaban para nada hasta que consegui este tesoro maravilloso .lo recomiendo a todas yo he probado por 20 anos casi todos los desorantes del mundo he gastado una fortuna .y finalmente puedo estar tranquilla y protegida :

chicas comprarlo es el mejor :)

on 11/28/2013 11:44:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I have very sensitive skin and will break out in rashes with any deodorant. I used dove for a while and it worked just fine but recently my underarms got red rashes and began to darken. I switched to this deodorant and the rashes stopped. The darkness cleared up within a week of use. I strongly recommend this to anyone. It works great and will not irritate the skin.

Having sensitive, eczema-prone skin my whole life, it's been difficult to find a deodorant/antiperspirant that does not cause my rashes on my underarms. I've tried Dove, Secret, Teen Spirit, Lady Speed Stick...within a day or 2 of the first application rashes would appear. But then I discovered this hypoallergenic deodorant from Almay, and it's perfect! Never had a rash caused by this.

I use the scent-free version and it performs well. Be careful not to use too much, because it will take forever to dry and will feel really sticky! So just keep in mind, less is more! And give it about a minute to dry as well. When used properly, this does not leave behind any residue/marks either. I naturally don't sweat too much (and when I do, it's because of really hot, humid weather or working out), and I never stink lol. This deodorant keeps my pits dry and stink-free.

I've already repurchased this at least 5 times over the past few years. It's about $2.50 at Walmart, so it's pretty cheap. If you have eczema and sensitive skin, give it a try! Recommended!

on 12/13/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I blindly ordered this online hoping it would be a secret find. When I saw the name Almay, I immediately assumed it would be effective. Well, I'm totally unimpresed. The gel never really dries and leaves a weird whitish film. It also left my pits damp. This is not good at all. Almay should stick to eye cosmetics.

on 10/20/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I buy this deodorant over and over again. I love how cool and refreshing this gel feels, and it really works. I can go a day between uses if I wish. I also have very sensitive skin and appreciate the fragrance free formula. As soon as I'm halfway through one, I buy another just so I'm never without.

on 6/18/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I HATE this crap. I normally love gel deodorants because I find them refreshing, especially after a shower post-work-out, but this belongs in the garbage. The one thing I like about it is that it supposedly does not test on animals, period. It failed at everything else as a deodorant - it stained my shirts, it never dried completely (yeah, I like the gel to be refreshing but having gummy armpits all day? No thanks), and worst of all, I could smell myself after a few hours with this! The fuck? I NEVER EVER have BO issues, ever, no matter what deodorant I use. Useless product.

What a waste of plastic. I'm throwing it away, and getting something - anything - else.

on 3/4/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This deo is great. I struggled with stains on my shirt and I have purchased deodorants that claim they are "T-Shirt approved" when they really weren't. As well as it leaves my underarm so smooth! I love it and couldnt ask for more.

on 9/15/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This deodorant did not work at all for me. Not only did I smell after I used it, it stained my shirts!! Will not repurchase.

Top Rated Almay Products