October 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - All Day Lipstick in 'Rosa Rosa'

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by rbrtrejo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color, it gives the perfect subtle pop of color to the lips. There is a very slight sent to it, but all lipsticks have a sent to them and this one doesn't bother me at all. This shade draws out the green in my eyes and makes them pop. Its a sophisticated and classic color, not an old lady at all. I love the shade Rosa Rosa, and its a nice coincidence that my name is Rosa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfect rose pink. Very close to the lip photo above. Warm enough to make you look alive, no blueish undercast. But cool pink enough to whiten the teeth! Magic!

It has enough pigment to read as colour but not so much the lips are screaming for attention.

Moisturizing and lasts a few hours. Needs reapplication after meals or about every 4 hours. Doesn't bleed into lip lines.

For those of us who appreciate classic makeup looks this is a winner. I was amused to see a similar colour on the Estee Lauder website in their new Mad Men collection.

For Jackie Kennedy fans this shade comes closest to one of her favourites from the White House era photos..

So I understand the teenage members of MUA calling it old lady.

But for anyone who wants to light up their face and look casually chic, then borrow from a Jackie Kennedy classic look. She was nick named "Her Elegance" for good reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Rosa Rosa is a tough color to describe. It's a bright, yet dark, berry pink color that can lean a little cranberry red. I see why so many people are calling this a stereotypical "old lady" shade, but I think the right complexions can pull it off.
I find the texture of this to be a little hard. If I don't warm it up somehow (like keeping it in my pocket for an hour or so) before using, it can kind of tug and drag as it goes on and cause flakiness. If I warm this up though, it goes on quite creamy.
I only need a few swipes to achieve full color payoff with this. Like I said, it's pretty bright, but it's also dark. It's a nice way to get color without going neon.
I find this lasts roughly 4 hours before it fades away. But my problem with this is that it is veryyyy drying. After about 3 hours, this accentuates the lines on my lips and makes my lips dry and flakey. I wore it today and after 4 hours, I looked like I had the lips of a 90 year old! I always wear a balm underneath, but this always dries the heck outta my lips. This of course makes reapplication more difficult, as the lipstick will settle into your lines and cause even more dryness. And the smell and taste is awful -- that super waxy, gross lipsticky smell and taste.
Overall, I do think the color is OK. I don't reach for it too often, but it looks good with a cat-eye for kind of an old glam look or just with gold and bronze shadow. If it wasn't so drying, this would be a much better lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ScarletAnemone

The color is quite okay for me since I have yellowish skin tone. But the smell, my goodness! Can't stand it! It's like rubbing my lips with a bunch of oil pastel crayons. If it's not because of the stinking smell, I would give this 5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

reallllly pretty colour! good lasting power as welll

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Copiright

How funny folks are ranking on this color - I got it as a dupe for Chanel's Mademoiselle which was out at Nordstrom. I love the gold case (but who wouldn't love to have the Chanel case). Emollient feels great on my lips that tend to be dry, beautiful color w/ my NW 25 skin, brunette hair. Natural with a bit of color pop. I'm tired of pale nudes! This is great without the $30 price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by MirandaJune

Much prefer the shade 'Woodland Berry' in this range, this one was a bit too subtle/too pinky for my skin tone and hair colouring.

In general EL lipsticks have lovely packaging, and the colours are classic. If that makes it "old lady" then so be it lol They remind me of a time before the hideous shimmery/mettallic lipsticks came in vogue.

Would highly reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this lippie is pretty darn good. One lippie off bc the price is too expensive and I got this from a GWP. The color is an understated pink. I think it looks nice with my pale complexion. And it very moisturizing and it makes my lips look healthy. This is coming from a 19 yr old. Colors dont discrimminate age. It really depends on your complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

sorry..this old lady LOVES this color.... (and BTW, young chickies..i wouldnt throw around that 'old lady' phrase too much....you will be here soon enough..)
i find rosa rosa to be damn near perfect for my coloring, the quality great, and the emolliency quite nice....it has good durabilty/long wearing/versatility- good for both daytime and evening...
love it for ppp types ...it is a mauvy red brown color...sort of neutral.
hard to explain. a color one needs to try on...i adore it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by mz654

Yuck! As one person stated below, it's an old lady color. It really is. Personally, I've always thought Estee Lauder lipsticks have the worse smell/taste, and I can't stand the color.