Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 2/27/2015 5:02:00 AM

I always turn to Bare Minerals when I have run out of Lily Lolo or can't get hold of it. My skin tends to break out if I use anything other than mineral products, so I don't have a wide choice of things I can use, but Bare Minerals has never been a problem for me. The range of shades if very good, and you need the tiniest amount of product to get a good, light to medium coverage. It doesn't have as much of a lasting finish as Lily Lolo, but still it's good enough for everyday wear. It does tend to go a bit cakey in the heat, or if I'm having an "oily" day though. I wouldn't use it for a special occasion, such as a wedding, but it's fine for everyday wear.
The Bare Escentuals brushes are like the holy grail of make up brushes! I got the Full Flawless Face brush, the Maximum Coverage Concealer brush and the Flawless Application Face brush in the very first Starter Kit I bought about 5 years ago, and they are still going strong! I just clean them regularly and let them dry naturally, and they are good as new. The Full Flawless Face brush is perfect for basic application of the product (or any mineral powder, I also use it with Lily Lolo), then I use the Maximum Coverage concealer brush for areas that need a little extra attention, like dark circles or dark spots. I then use the Flawless Application Brush (which is like a miniature version of the Full Flawless Face brush, but the bristles are a lot fluffier and not as compact), for blusher or bronzer.
It's expensive, but so worth it, purely because the product lasts so long. You literally need only a 5 pence-sized amount tapped into the lid to do your full face and neck. Would definitely buy it again.

on 2/16/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I used bare minerals for years and decided to try new things...now I on,y use the moisturizer and mineral veil. This is a great starter product if you want something basic and easy. I love the powder for a light coverages, but that isn't my thing anymore. I wear the tinted moisturizer user my foundation everyday and love it! My skin is combination so I do have to blot through out the day. The only time I buy bare minerals is around the holiday when they have great prices on sets or when the deluxe sizes go on sale. I love bare minerals cause the product last longer so you don't have to buy as often.

on 2/2/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have used and loved Bare Minerals for over a decade. I have melasma/hyperpigmentation issues, but I don't really care for the look of foundation and this covers nicely without looking like I am wearing makeup. I use this over Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and the combination is perfect for me and provides great coverage for about 10-12 hours. Every time I think I want to try something different, I wind up being sorry. I wear the shade Golden Tan, and I am glad they finally came out with in-between shades since I used to have to mix colors to get the right one. I know some people don't like this product, but it's performed spectacularly for me. It works well without being garish or fake-looking, like some liquid or cream foundations can since they don't really blend into your skin. You do need to find the right color or it can make you look sickly---but any foundation color can do that if it isn't right for you . I also use Bare Minerals Warmth as a bronzer or contour, and I like that product also. It is very nice and natural-looking.

on 2/1/2015 12:04:00 PM

This make up reminds me of movie reviewing on IMDB. If you don't like X,Y,Z movie you just "didn't get it". What I mean is that- often times whenever someone has a complaint about BE, people will chime in and say "you were using it incorrectly; you used too much, you didn't buff enough, you need a setting spray, you have the wrong color" etc. Well let me tell you! I've experimented over the years- probably over seven years to give this a REAL try and uh I'm done. Since I love make up and have problematic, combination, super oily, large pored fair skin of course I tried this. And also- of course I try numerous foundations and have a plethora to satisfy different needs/occasions.
So I've tried different high quality brushes and up to including the Kabuki and the general all over face brush that come with these kits. I've also purchased, separately besides the starter kits, a foundation which for me was the Golden Fair.

Too bad though. No matter what technique (and this is billed as being super easy and doable w/out paying the slightest attention to where you are swirling in all of the demos right?) I use this stuff just makes the large pores on my nose highlighted with a huge sign saying HORRIBLE PORES LOOK RIGHT HERE MAN!

And that is why I have to give up on this finally. Right now I have the "warmth", my Golden Fair foundation, a huge amount of Mineral Veil and a couple of the other foundation colors that come with the kits. They sit in my foundation basket untouched. Occasionally I will stupidly and naively think "oh - I should add more coverage to my very sheer liquid foundation and use that Bare Minerals!". Only to be disappointed yet again. Idk- it can make you look ultra ashy, worsen the look of large pores and does a horrible job of any actual true good coverage for blemishes or scarring. Another contender for the mineral make up is that Sheer Cover line- I noticed in their kit they include a more traditional cream based CONCEALER. Meanwhile BE insists that their powders can conceal- I was near about to dive in a purchase the Bisque that they market as a superior concealer but have decided to give up on mineral make up as it just doesn't work IMO nor for anyone with truly problematic skin. I have hormonal adult acne- what this means is that my skin breaks out about once a month..a few, but that's bad enough. This leaves a lot of red scarring afterwards since my skin is so fair- mineral make up does nothing to make my skin look better.

on 1/28/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was surprised that I like this. I rarely use powder foundations as I need full coverage to hide melasma and I have dry skin. But using this in the shade 'light' in conjunction with all of my medium coverage foundations (drug store and high end) has amazing results. I now use this daily as the base powder in the Goss method (ie. Primer - powder - foundation - concealer) and I get a real kick when I dust it on and see my imperfections already starting to blur! It works well over liquid foundation too but I like the Goss method for achieving an airbrush smooth finish. This is the first powder I've been pleased with for both texture and coverage. Unfortunately it's still not quite enough for me to use alone but for anyone with remotely OK skin will enjoy the simplicity of great coverage and smooth finish in just a powder step. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 1/26/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well, last year I've bought a starter kit in luxury box with 5 shades and brushes inside for 50 € in Germany. As I have extremely sensitive skin which reacts very easy I was thinking that this could be my saver. I was reading somewhere on net that mineral cosmetic is great solution for sensitive skin and so i was thinking: Hey, thus might be product line for you...
Hmm... Day Nr. 1 of use: my skin looks great, smooth, radiant, even, fine, porcelan-like...
Day Nr. 2 of use: my skin looks like on day before but when I got home after few hours of shopping and walking I've noticed really large pores on and arround my nose. It looked like the entire powder foundation penetrated my skin making pores large and visible from the plane.... I continued to use it thinking that I need another form of application although I was doing it just right following instructions. Day Nr. 9-10 of use: my skin started to develop hughe break-out and clogged pores especially on cheeks. I stopped using it all. I tried just mineral veil. Break-out. Then just foundation in ligh shade. break-out. Then "all-over-warmth" as bronzer. Break-out.

So, few days later I have found a webpage where Bare Minerals are pointed out as "not so good for sensitive skin".

on 1/26/2015 1:26:00 AM

It's been a long time since I tried Bare Minerals and disliked it because it was gone lunchtime. My skin has changed so I've been looking for a new foundation and primer. I bought my Bare Minerals loose powder in "fair", tried it on over 5 different primers; just where in the hell did all of these wrinkles come from??? The Mineral Veil sure would "soften the lines, cover pores, and add a subtle glow". O_o Um, nope! Both products, with each primer I tried, ovingly accentuated every line and pore. My (very kind) tween was shocked to see the difference, and suggested I bring it back.
Are all of the other mineral foundations wrinkle/pore magnets, should I try another brand?

on 1/21/2015 5:46:00 PM

When I first started using Bare Minerals years ago I loved it. I used it for 2-3 years solidly. Then something happened. My face was shiny all the time, I could never get rid of it. I liked the benefit that my skin never broke out with this, but I couldn't deal with the shine. I asked my esthetician and she asked me if I used Bare Minerals. I said yes. She said that makes your skin do this. So, I gave it up. And I don't like that it did that. I tried their matte version and it did the same thing except it didn't blend as well. Not recommending this. I moved on to better foundations and no longer have to clean up a powder mess every morning.

on 1/19/2015 5:03:00 PM

I cant remember why I stopped using my foundation in medium beige...
I like it. I actually like it a lot. I also used Warmth as blush and setted all with the mineral veil witch is brilliantly fabulous.
Maybe i will repurchase after finding out if it contains any kind of oil or not.
It has a light but very natural coverage witch is buildable and the finish is very nice. But if i remember correctly this doesnt stay for very long and i think my skin got quite oily after a while. Maybe ill just try it again just to make sure... :)

on 1/18/2015 11:50:00 AM

I love Bare Minerals. I think they have a great line that's not extremely pricey for high end makeup. I use everything from their foundation to their mascara and I can't complain. I've been purchasing the Bare Minerals READY foundation in Fairly Light and it gives me great, buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. I actually prefer liquid makeup for coverage wise, however it clogs my pores and causes major breakouts so Bare Minerals is my go to. Love it.