January 28, 2015 | 1900 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:10:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised that I like this. I rarely use powder foundations as I need full coverage to hide melasma and I have dry skin. But using this in the shade 'light' in conjunction with all of my medium coverage foundations (drug store and high end) has amazing results. I now use this daily as the base powder in the Goss method (ie. Primer - powder - foundation - concealer) and I get a real kick when I dust it on and see my imperfections already starting to blur! It works well over liquid foundation too but I like the Goss method for achieving an airbrush smooth finish. This is the first powder I've been pleased with for both texture and coverage. Unfortunately it's still not quite enough for me to use alone but for anyone with remotely OK skin will enjoy the simplicity of great coverage and smooth finish in just a powder step. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2015 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nini68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, last year I've bought a starter kit in luxury box with 5 shades and brushes inside for 50 € in Germany. As I have extremely sensitive skin which reacts very easy I was thinking that this could be my saver. I was reading somewhere on net that mineral cosmetic is great solution for sensitive skin and so i was thinking: Hey, thus might be product line for you...
Hmm... Day Nr. 1 of use: my skin looks great, smooth, radiant, even, fine, porcelan-like...
Day Nr. 2 of use: my skin looks like on day before but when I got home after few hours of shopping and walking I've noticed really large pores on and arround my nose. It looked like the entire powder foundation penetrated my skin making pores large and visible from the plane.... I continued to use it thinking that I need another form of application although I was doing it just right following instructions. Day Nr. 9-10 of use: my skin started to develop hughe break-out and clogged pores especially on cheeks. I stopped using it all. I tried just mineral veil. Break-out. Then just foundation in ligh shade. break-out. Then "all-over-warmth" as bronzer. Break-out.

So, few days later I have found a webpage where Bare Minerals are pointed out as "not so good for sensitive skin".

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2015 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ICGRRL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's been a long time since I tried Bare Minerals and disliked it because it was gone lunchtime. My skin has changed so I've been looking for a new foundation and primer. I bought my Bare Minerals loose powder in "fair", tried it on over 5 different primers; just where in the hell did all of these wrinkles come from??? The Mineral Veil sure would "soften the lines, cover pores, and add a subtle glow". O_o Um, nope! Both products, with each primer I tried, ovingly accentuated every line and pore. My (very kind) tween was shocked to see the difference, and suggested I bring it back.
Are all of the other mineral foundations wrinkle/pore magnets, should I try another brand?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first started using Bare Minerals years ago I loved it. I used it for 2-3 years solidly. Then something happened. My face was shiny all the time, I could never get rid of it. I liked the benefit that my skin never broke out with this, but I couldn't deal with the shine. I asked my esthetician and she asked me if I used Bare Minerals. I said yes. She said that makes your skin do this. So, I gave it up. And I don't like that it did that. I tried their matte version and it did the same thing except it didn't blend as well. Not recommending this. I moved on to better foundations and no longer have to clean up a powder mess every morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JuiceLoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cant remember why I stopped using my foundation in medium beige...
I like it. I actually like it a lot. I also used Warmth as blush and setted all with the mineral veil witch is brilliantly fabulous.
Maybe i will repurchase after finding out if it contains any kind of oil or not.
It has a light but very natural coverage witch is buildable and the finish is very nice. But if i remember correctly this doesnt stay for very long and i think my skin got quite oily after a while. Maybe ill just try it again just to make sure... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:50:00 AM More reviews by blondequeen67

I love Bare Minerals. I think they have a great line that's not extremely pricey for high end makeup. I use everything from their foundation to their mascara and I can't complain. I've been purchasing the Bare Minerals READY foundation in Fairly Light and it gives me great, buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. I actually prefer liquid makeup for coverage wise, however it clogs my pores and causes major breakouts so Bare Minerals is my go to. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Not a fan. I have tried and tried again to love this.
It just is not happening. I personally do not think it looks that natural on the skin especially compared to other mineral foundations I have tried.
That being said I have also found that no matter what the brand all mineral makeup tend to cause my skin to be more oily then normal.
NOT GOOD. I have since moved on and got over "the mineral bandwagon"

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2015 1:49:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just don;t like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Sykeq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Natural coverage that's light & allows your skin to breathe. The original formula gives a dewy finish. I have combination & fairly sensitive, acne prone Asian skin & this didn't break me out. Also noticed some improvement in my skin texture after using this. A little really goes a long way, so it's totally value for money - I use a coin size amount for my entire face including my neck. Staying power is relatively good, even in a humid climate - I use a bit of primer & blotting powder on oilier parts of my face & only need to touch up once/twice during a 10hr day out. I don't actually have major issues with the packaging, just need to remember to screw it back tightly after use. CONS: Offers light to medium coverage only - I suppose buffing it in for longer might help to give heavier coverage (or so I'm told), but seriously not everyone has the patience/time to do this. For darker scars, acne or pigmentation, you will definitely still need to apply either a thin layer of BB cream, foundation or a bit of concealer. Tends to emphasize dry skin as well, so a well moisturized face before putting this on is a must. Not so travel friendly as you'll also need to pack a brush - the BM powder brush is quite rubbish & prickly IMHO, so I use the Real Techniques blusher one which is super soft & fluffy. Overall, a non-irritating foundation that doesn't clog my pores. Will repurchase :o)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MrsPeet15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this in fair but I am convinced the formula changed about a year ago? Suddenly the fair shade was far to orange for me, and the powder formula sort of sat on my skin for an hour then melted into a weird greasy mess. Really disappointed because this was my HG foundation, it really did improve my skin as a whole, and I liked the light coverage. Shame really :(