October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by CarolynlovesIvy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe how awesome the coverage is and it doesn't dry out my already dry face unless I use the Mineral Veil. I see improvement with my skin after each day. I even wake up the next day (when I fall asleep without washing it off) and I still look decent. I just hate the mess. I'm so glad that they have a pressed powder version now. Even though it's for full coverage with a different brush, I use it as if it is the original formula, using the Kabuki brush. Same results. Love it. I'm 47 and it makes me look younger.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenny221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad i received a sample of this instead of shelling out the cash to buy it myself. because i would not have bought it with my own money. the color selection seems good, but the main problem i have with Bare minerals is the fact that the formula does not stay on my face for very long. in fact, almost immediately after applying, it all but disappears! and it does not give much coverage. not only that, but the formula isnt buildable either. all around fail. and another con is that its pricey!! and the actual container sucks, its easy to lose/waste a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by erika360

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, and at age 40 I still break out every so often. When they advertise that this make can be slept in, it's no joke. I really does improve the quality of my skin. The coverage can be full or sheer. Feels and looks natural. Since I started using this product I will never use another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this at various points in life & I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! I've jumped on the whole starter kit bandwagon years ago, since fell off the wagon, have used it for a spell in the meantime, then just kinda started in w the liquids/bb creams for the last few years. But since recently becoming a fan of gossmakeupartist on YouTube and finding he likes it, I've had to revisit it and upon revisiting it I must give it a 5! I think I used to be sensitive to the bismuth and get itchy. Well I don't now and I work out in it so I know a hot and sweaty experience won't trigger it. So I've found some tricks to make this work, and 2 yes 2 harsh critics complemented my skin recently with this on! Firstly the brush. The BM brush is awful! Scratchy and too floppy... I HIGHLY recommend the retractable kabuki from ecotools. It's super soft dense and large so you can really buff it in and pick up a lot of product. Which I've found is key: using a generous amount and buffing hard into the skin!!! I pour out a bunch into the lid... More than is suggested, and buff hard in circular motions. This covers pores and lines. If you do a light dusting it magnifies pores to me at least. This has lasted through sweaty workouts and all day wear. I do set this w illuminating mineral veil. It's very sparkly upon application but settles into a nice glow as the day wears on. I also think it's key to have a VERY moisturized and primed face b4 application! My skin is combo, not as oily any more since I'm using Dior one essential. It doesn't exacerbate dry patches when properly prepped. Doesn't make me oily. I usually use laura mercier undercover pot (the camouflage & concealer) before this in super red areas and circles. I do not put BM under the eye. I set my concealer w LM translucent powder to keep it young-looking and crease free. My shade is Light. I'm a true nw20 but use nc20 cause I like yellow tones to hide redness. I'm also a warm beige in bobbi brown. 'Light' is veryyyy yellow. I apply this on my rosacea-flushed neck and chest as well, but it doesn't perform as well there as my sephora spray foundation in the very yellow 'fair'. I've used many primers under this (except for the really silicone-y ones like BM ironically) and they all worked great (laura m., hourglass, Guerlain meteorites, jouer anti aging). I don't even apply my usual bronzer and highlighter with this regime. My skin glows on its own. BTW my other current fave is Bobbi's skin stick, also just reviewed in warm beige.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lillie1004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to like this stuff when I was younger, but since I'm older and have fine lines under my eyes now. This settles into my fine lines bad!! And I have tried all sorts of primer and lotions and nothing helps. It makes my skin itchy all day, which I could put up with if it looked good, but it doesn't. I am also a student nurse and if I have to wear a mask, forget it! I took the mask off and all the makeup was on the mask in irregular patches...it was awful. There was no fixing it, so I had to wash my face in the hospital restroom. I will not be buying this ever again. If you have dry skin and fine lines, or if you wear a mask at work, this is not the foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by britsnpieces909

I LOVE this foundation!! I have noticed such a difference in my skin. I tried it out a few years ago and hated it, but once I learned how to properly apply it I fell in love!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This mineral foundation is horrible the original verison has shimmers and contain bismuth oxycloride with is a carcinagen. It can cause itching and cause acne to become worse or even a outbreak of cystic acne. The matte version is also horrible it is so drying but does not control oil and oxidizes bad. Both have light to no coverage the way to apply it is to swirl tap and buff. Buffing is just to warm up the lauryol lysine which is coconut oil to let the foundation melt into the skin. Buffing can cause micro exfoliation if you have flacky skin/ dry patches. Hard to cover if you have redness acne scars.....imperfections to covers. Not recommend for those who breakout from using anything containing coconut oil.
The mineral veil is also drying and the color is so pink makes you foundation look pink. The yellow one contains alot of shimmer.
The powder concealer contains bismuth oxycloride and doesn't match the foundation.
The cream concealer is very peachy and pink.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

This is the foundation that caused deep scarring on my cheeks that took 2 years to fully clear up. I can wear drugstore foundations and not break out. If I could give it negative 5 stars I would. For people looking for a decent powder foundation check out Mac's mineral skin finish or the mineral wear powders by physicians formula. This stuff is toxic crap that should be taken off the market!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by kwong714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was definitely a no no product for me personally. To start of, my face does produce a lot of oil as well as having an acne prone skin type which is quite hard these days to find a foundation that keeps the oil control at bay but yet give a dewy finish. I came across this mineral foundation when I was at Mecca Maxima (Another version of Sephora in Australia) and my task that day was to purchase mainly most of the Mario Badescu acne products. Once I finished grabbing my desired products, this lovely staff(but not helpful) approached me asking me if I need any help with anything. So I told her about my intention and she immediately jumped to the rescue. She went over to the Bare Minerals counter and suggested the powder foundation and claimed that this product cleared her step-daughter's skin a lot. She also claimed "it's so powerful that you can sleep in it!" Now this kinda took me off because firstly, no makeup whatsoever can allow you to rest in it as your skin will absorb and think it as a treatment when really it's doing the opposite. Then she tested this foundation on me and kept saying, "You need this product!" or "You can layer it as many times as you want and still get a beautiful finish." As soon as she finished applying it on my skin I was shocked in a horrendous and was hoping to take it off ASAP. It was cakey, dry, powdery, off-colour & thick. However it did cover most of the redness and felt like nothing BUT it made me look tired and emphasised my acne especially on my forehead. It was so obvious. Overall I wouldn't recommend this foundation to people who have problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by marianeo

I AM FLOORED BY THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have tried so many different foundations, powders, and bronzers...Up until today I have been using Mac Studio Fix foundation (which I like but it's thick and full of chemicals), Too Faced bronzer, and Mac and Benefit concealers. Recently, I have made the decision to switch to more organic, natural products for my skin due to being acne prone and wanting to avoid harsh chemicals. HOLY CRAP this stuff is incredible. I went to Sephora and purchased the 7 piece starter kit, which was a great value! You get a full sized foundation (you choose your shade and add it to the kit), mineral veil finishing powder, "warmth" bronzing powder, primer, and three brushes (full coverage, medium coverage, and concealer brush). You also get a DVD to show you how to apply the products. All of this was $70 CAD, so roughly $10 per product).

I used the whole kit this morning. I was extremely skeptical about having full coverage (I tend to have very dark circles under my eyes and I have a few blemishes right now). It doesn't feel like you're putting anything on...and is such a fine powder. But after a few swirls and buffs your face is completely flawless! I honestly couldn't believe it because you can barely see it going on your face. They say you can use the powder as a concealer, using the concealer brush, but I really didn't think this would work. I have dry skin..and I thought it would be dry and cakey under my eyes. NOPE! So creamy and smooth. It didn't settle into any lines and it covered (MAGIC I swear haha). I usually use two concealers under my eyes...Mac concealer followed by Boing industrial strength concealer from Benefit. I didn't need to use these at all. A few applications of the foundation and my under eyes were completely concealed (better than they've ever looked).

I followed up with the warmth bronzer and loved this! I usually LOAD on the Too Faced Soleil bronzer in order to achieve that tan look. I only needed two dustings of this and I had a glow. It did not look fake AT ALL and there were no lines or build up of product. Blended beautifully. I should also note that I used their primer (a little goes a long way) so this may have helped with application. After the "warmth" I applied the mineral veil finishing powder. I didn't notice the product at all but did notice I looked airbrushed all of a sudden haha I think it just sets it all and sits on top??

Overall, I'm beyond impressed. I've tried everything...I love makeup and I'm sort of a product junkie...but I don't think I'll buy another product. This stuff is wonderful and light and I feel like I'm doing good for my skin. I sent pictures to friends and family (hahah such a dork). This makeup diffuses light so prepare to have an airbrushed look haha my friends thought I photoshopped the photos.

ONE complaint: you have to peel the tabs off of the packaging when you first want to use the product. These tabs were incredibly hard to remove and I ended up having to use my teeth!

I have only used the product once but so far no irritation, no smell, and it has lasted ALL day. I will update if there are any changes over time.