November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eyelightner (Brightner)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings on the brand Physicians Formula: half of their products make claims that don't live up to their description. But this eyeliner from them surprised me. This only comes in a black metallic finish so if you are looking for a plain black eyeliner, look elsewhere. They could improve on the wand applicator because it takes more than one swipe to get a full line. It takes a steady hand to apply this eyeliner so beginners beware. I can't say if this eyeliner 'brightens' but it does make my eyes look more awake. It lasts a long time, too for a person with oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jenn2yoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an AWESOME eyeliner for the price and just in general. Lots of liquid eyeliners make my eyes feeling stingy and also smear along my eyes. This is a clearly defined eyeliner that stays on without smearing. TERRIFIC!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by halesss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this a lot. I like it quite a bit, but as previously stated, it's definitely not black :/ It's a dark grey with metallic undertones. If this was more of an inky black color with a slighter metallic sheen, it would be WAYYY better. Good for less bold looking liquid lines.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

Nice product for adding some shimmer, as usual PF uses a strange package. Who wants to carry a compact so much bigger than the shadow? Classic Eyelight, Natural Eyelight, and Smoke are nice colors. Berry-"blah". Apply wet for more intensity, coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff, I use both the black and the brown. Although it does not say that it is waterproof, the stuff stays on better than any waterproof liquid eyeliner I have ever tried before. Also the fact that it shimmers to a metallic color (especially in the brown) really brightens up your eyes. And it goes on really really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by calida123

I bought the color Metallic Black. It seems black, maybe with a very subtle hint of shimmer. I love how the tip is very thin, so I can get the liner between the lashes or control the width of the line. It dries quickly and is long lasting. The bottle looks small, but contains more than other eyeliner bottles. I will probably purchase this again!!! It's the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used. After it's finished I will keep it so I can use the brush with my other Annabelle liquid eyeliners.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by everfallen

pros:
it's a drug store buy, so it's pretty affordable. the product package was nice, with a long skinny handle, which is easy to use. the felt tip is very skinny, and a bit stiff, which i don't mind, since it gives precision.

cons:
the color "metallic black" is very misleading. the color is more like washed up black, or grey. it feels like someone had added water into liquid liner bottle, and diluted the black. you will have to apply multiple times to get a dark black color. i didn't really see any "metallics" in there either. no sparkle/shine of any sort. this is not a product that i will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated this product! This isn't metallic black at all, it's more greyish in color. The product was really runny, bad pigmentation, and didn't apply a proper line at all. I even did something that I never done before, the liner is so skinny, I poked myself in the eye! I hope they get rid of this product, I hate it, and I am returning it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*edit:
I've reduced my rating from 4 to 1!!

When I first tried this eyeliner, I was a total eyeliner-virgin so I thought this stuff was great. But now that I've used gel liners, liquid liners and even pencil liners from Bobbi Brown and MAC and other brands, I've realized that this stuff kinda sucks.

It smudged virtually IMMEDIATELY. Within an hour of applying it, I got stains along my lower lashes. Ick. I don't have this problem with Fluidline or other liquid liners at all! Also, the product has a pretty nasty grey color, and just isn't dark enough to make my eyes pop, or metallic enough to give them that extra oomph and shine. Just looks like a flat, dark gray.

The formula is kinda runny and wet, which makes application a bit difficult, and it fades within hours.

On the plus side, this stuff dries quickly. Yeah. That's about it.

I hate this stuff. I'm sure there are better drugstore brands out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2005 8:14:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think of this as Diet Liquid Liner. Liquid Liner Lite (as opposed to Light, which is too correct to be functional for any advertising campaign, right?). I also have the black/silver one, and it's nice when I don't feel the need for full black liquid a la Revlon ColorStay, which I've used and loved for ages. This is easy to wield and will manage a nice, even line. Then again, I have preternatural skill with liquid liners. Ten years self-identifying as a goth will do that. :) continued >>