Max Factor PAN - STICK

3.9

Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cire De Carnauba), Beeswax (Cire D'Abeille), Paraffin, Ozokerite, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say I only started using this recently after many years of selling it at the pharmacy where I work. I always thought it looked cakey and heavy on people. It's popular with teenagers as it's great at concealing blemishes. I prefer lighter coverage. But one day a customer came in with the most beautiful flawless makeup. I asked her what was she using and she said Max Factor pan stick. I almost dropped!
After years of spending crazy amounts of money on expensive foundations, i found the One! I think the secret is on the application. I do a few strokes on my face with the stik and let it warm up for a minute or so and then i blend it with a wet beauty blender. That gives me just the right amount of coverage. It still looks light but it conceals all my redness etc. i let it settle for a bit and then I lightly dust Max Factor creme puff over it. My skin looks amazing. So many people have said to me how flawless it looks! It still looks like I have make up on but it is not cakey or heavy.
The only reason i give it 4 stars instead of 5 is the range of shades is not great. I am using deep olive at the moment but will probably struggle in the summer to find the right shade for my skin tone.

on 11/21/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wish this stick foundation were a little more moisturizing, but it does provide great coverage without irritating my dry and sensitive skin. I apply it with a dry sponge and blend well. The shade I have is True Beige, and it works well on my light-medium skin. I don't use it everyday, just when more coverage seems necessary.

on 11/19/2014 5:30:00 AM

I have been using it for years. Not as a foundation but as a concealer and it it just great.
I usually use BB creams so if I need to cover some areas better, I use PS and I pat it in with my ring finger. Depending on the area, I may set it with some powder, but I chose not to today (scabs on my cheek) and it is just fine.
I have used it as a foundation when I wanted full coverage, I just used a damp sponge to blend and it looked ok.
Great, versatile product.

on 10/15/2014 10:05:00 AM

I have been using Max Factor panstick for about 15 years now and I love it. A big thing to remember is that it was originally created as stage makeup so it doesn't have a really natural finish but depending on how you apply it, it works for both stage and street. I started wearing this for stage as a teenager with cystic acne and it covers everything! It has to be set with a powder though as because its oil based, it will move. For stage, I apply with my fingers - just swipe over cheeks, forehead and nose and let it sit for 30 seconds to warm up and then it's super easy to blend out. This gives a full coverage. For street, I swipe over the same areas with the stick, and then use a sponge to blend it out. It still gives amazing coverage but feels a little lighter and looks more natural. My only annoyance was when they changed the packaging as the new (8 years old now) packaging is much cheaper looking and the amount of product is smaller. The colour range also used to be bigger.

on 10/6/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am 22 and recently started to get breakouts and my dry skin began to turn oily. I searched for something that would cover imperfections and not break me out. I checked the ingrediedients and none of them are comedogenic. I've been using this for 2 weeks and I loooove it. It doesn't break me out, the coverage is great, very buildable, it doesn't dissolve when my oil starts coming out, it doesn't set into fine lines which is why it can be used under the eyes and it doesn't look cakey. I'd say it lasts for a few hours. The only con is the price ($12 where I live) but I would definitely repurchase it. Oh and this looks good on dry areas as well. If you're more cool-toned go for the lightest shade, cause the other two are more on the orange side.

on 10/5/2014 5:15:00 AM

Finally a foundation that gives enough buildable coverage. Why I wasted money by trying to cake lighter coverage onto my face, I'm not certain. But even with deep, visible pores and occassional flares of seborrheic dermatitis around the nose and mouth, this foundation gives me a truly flawless, poreless look. First I use a tinted moisturizer (I have very dry skin) and then I stroke the stick once over each cheek, the chin, forehead, and blend. A little goes a very long way.

Most astounishingly, this foundation actually looks better the LONGER I have it on! It can look a little too 'done' even without powder, but after about an hour and throughout the day, it settles and blends itself to perfection. My job is very physical and there's lots of humidity and sweating, and this stick doesn't bat an eyelash.

If you have dry skin that sucks up moisturizer and can never get enough, or have deep visible pores, this stick is for you. It just sucks a little that it is fragranced, though I can't exactly call it unpleasant; smells like the old Noxema-scented covergirl foundation that I used as a kiddo.

on 8/17/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My favourite foundation of all time! It gives full coverage in seconds.

on 8/3/2014 4:38:00 PM

so obsessed with the buildable coverage when used with translucent setting powder! I get compliments alll the time on my skin when i wear this - the new pan stick is made in Ireland and just as good!

on 5/24/2014 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

One of my favourite products ever. Have used it for many years and no matter what other foundation I happen upon, I return to this every time because it is just so versatile.
Being a stick foundation, the consistency is quite thick. I can see how some people may be put off by this...but good application is the key! I am a bit old school in that I use a sponge, but after trying many techniques out, I have found this to work the best (fingers work great when blending under my eyes or concealing blemishes).
I would never apply this foundation to my entire face as you might a liquid foundation, but I really don't think it is intended for that. If that is what you prefer from a foundation, then this product probably won't agree with you. I have a fairly oily T zone so I really don't like full face coverage.
I apply this foundation to the lower part of my cheeks (where I am prone to redness), my nose (again, prone to redness there), and then dab it on any blemishes. I then blend it with a sponge, using any remaining on the sponge to gently even out my entire face. I then set with translucent powder; in summer I will use a bronzer as well.
It's quick, easy to use, can be thrown in your hand-bag for touch ups, and blends really well. I highly recommend it! And not to mention....it's very affordable. I just picked up a new stick from Priceline yesterday on sale for $11.85. Cheap....and worth every cent.

on 5/22/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually like the texture of this for spot coverage. It's heavy, but it can be thinned out by blending with a sponge. The only problem is the color. I ordered this in the Fair which is just too pink for my skin tone. If this were a little more yellow, it would be perfect. I'm going to give this to my mother who is really pink and see if it works for her.