July 28, 2014 | 2082 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Wings of Love - Inspiration [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 1:25:00 AM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely not the type of lippie you "dig" your fingers into because the texture is very solid. It's more the type of thing you'd sweep your finger across and then apply. The reviewer's comments below
sound very helpful...so that might be a good route to follow. Still, the color was a bit too bright/80sish for my liking, so I swapped it. Very cute little tin package, though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by shengmei

This thing was indeed hard, so I put in two drops of castor oil, smeared it on top and let it sit for a day. The next day the thing was incredible (except the directions, which I still can not get over with). My roomate said it made me look much more energetic, and my boyfriend loved the sparkle.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2003 3:05:00 PM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received Inspiration from a really nice swap. I'd never tried anything from Burt's Bees before and first saw this on drugstore.com's website. The picture it showed looked so pretty, almost like a creamy gloss but this stuff is more like a small tin of the hardest wax on the planet, harder than a candle stick with kind of a dried out consistency, but on the website's picture it looks so creamy. And it's not a gloss, it's just like a berry pink shimmery lipstick, only rock hard. When I say rock hard, I mean it! I like the little silver tin it comes it, it's very cute and the shimmer quality is very fine and I like that. It works well on my lips if I smear my lips in vaseline first, use Inspiration for color and then put a gloss on it. It doesn't look so bad, although if I put too much on, I could wind up looking like sloppy slobbering Anna Nicole Smith. It also has a minty refreshing flavor to it. It just is the oddest consistency known to mankind. Did I say it was rock hard?